Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 89767 views.
mmpendo

Oct-21

Things are difficult all over. I've only been no further than my front yard only once (to buy my starter plants - tomatoes, peppers, etc.) since February.

I live at the end of the road to nowhere, in a land that time forgot. So we have no home delivery, no take out of anything. My partner ventures out once a week to get groceries. We are so careful, follow all the health wisdom. Basically it's me, my partner, our dog and 2 cats isolated but we love each other - all good.

However I'm hitting a brick wall when it comes to my yearly flu shot. Last year it was easy peasy, make an appointment at our local community hall. We called in September - one day only event, booked (snooze you lose, luck of the draw apparently or who you know?, Welcome to Quebec, (the nation within a nation, notorious for corruption at every level). 

Perhaps I could book at a Pharmacy 40 km away for a month or two away BUT I have respiratory problems to begin with. I'm not going there to possibly expose myself to COVID.

The Health Care System in North America is seriously failing.  

I'm an optimist generally but 2nd wave, then the 3rd wave etc. Create your own 'bubble'. So I'm retired but my heroes are the front line workers - the grocery cashiers, the janitors, the garbage collectors etc.

Here in Quebec I've been told 50% of nurses have left. Possibly may have something to do with our gov generous incentives to stay home with pay.

• Edited October 21, 2020 12:30 am  by  mmpendo
Susanna502MC

Oct-21

The drugstore where I usually get my shots was out of the high dose. When I picked up my prescription Friday I asked again and the high dose was in. Parked, went inside, got my shot. Very strange to be inside a store, but nice for a change. Now I'm all caught up: flu shot, Rx for 90 days, got my ballot by mail and dropped it off at the county recorder office. I get e-books from Libby (online library), watch PBS online, order groceries online and pickup in the parking lot, and try not to spend too much time scrolling on Twitter. Occasionally get a burger at the drive-thru. Its a good thing I'm an introvert. I feel for all the extroverts who aren't getting their people time.

THEdella

Oct-21

I have realized that I reacted in haste (and maybe fear?)  I want to say I'm sorry to anyone and everyone that I may have offended by my recent post.  I, too, have been scared to death of this virus and think I over-reacted, soooo sorry everyone.  Please forgive me.  Hope all our friends in this forum are safe and secure.  This is my only link to the outside world, like so many others. As a shut-in and disabled person, this is my only link to the outside world, and I handled it badly, so sorry.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Oct-21

No apology necessary.

Never forget, it's 2020.

It is best encapsulated with this image.

2020 Dumpster Fire - NeatoShop

Everybody gets one free pass a week, given the circumstances, to yell, scream, rant or just chuck something at a wall.

You're still WAY ahead of your quota.

There is still joy to be found in the world.

Meme: "Here's a quokka hug" - All Templates - Meme-arsenal.com

Sun (sunriserain)

Oct-21

Thank you for the link Dhyani. I was happy to read the National Guard story about New Mexico as that is my home state.

sun

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Susanna502MC said:

Its a good thing I'm an introvert.

Same here! LOL

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Never forget, it's 2020. It is best encapsulated with this image.

Boy! Isn't that the truth.

mmpendo

Oct-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

There is still joy to be found in the world.

So true. 

Last week we had a new addition to our outside furry family (we have many feral cats and the birds have been bountiful this year).

A CHIPMUNK (Eastern). He is hilarious. Now I have lived in Quebec some 15 years, mostly in remote countryside, but never before have I had the pleasure of this acquaintance. So I bought the 'punk' some pure peanuts, sunflower seeds. etc. He fills his cheeks with goodies and then disappears to his tunnel in the ground to store food for winter.

So chipmunks don't exactly hibernate. They wake up every few days over the winter to eat.

I laugh to think that he/she may have had to construct an expansion to their hole in the ground to store the peanuts.

Doesn't take much to bring a smile to my face. I relish my happy moments in everyday.  

Your story reminded me of my chipmunk friend. About 13 years ago we went on an unfair labor practice strike against my employer (yes, the one I still work for). While out on the picket line I made friends with a chipmunk. He/she would come and fill his cheeks up with sunflower seeds and then take off and come back for more. I named him Hoover because he just "sucked up" the sunflower seeds.  Over the course of the strike it got to the point where he/she would get up and sit in my lap and take the seeds. The strike went on for 70+ days and when it was over I never saw Hoover again, I'm sure he/she too was wondering where his/her free meal went.  I just hope that he/she lived out a wonderful life........Lord knows he/she had enough seeds to last a lifetime.........LOL!

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Great stories, mmpendo and  Tammy!

CC to mmpendo