Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 89827 views.
Sun (sunriserain)

Oct-21

Thank you for the link Dhyani. I was happy to read the National Guard story about New Mexico as that is my home state.

sun

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Susanna502MC said:

Its a good thing I'm an introvert.

Same here! LOL

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

Never forget, it's 2020. It is best encapsulated with this image.

Boy! Isn't that the truth.

mmpendo

Oct-21

Jenifer (Zarknorph) said:

There is still joy to be found in the world.

So true. 

Last week we had a new addition to our outside furry family (we have many feral cats and the birds have been bountiful this year).

A CHIPMUNK (Eastern). He is hilarious. Now I have lived in Quebec some 15 years, mostly in remote countryside, but never before have I had the pleasure of this acquaintance. So I bought the 'punk' some pure peanuts, sunflower seeds. etc. He fills his cheeks with goodies and then disappears to his tunnel in the ground to store food for winter.

So chipmunks don't exactly hibernate. They wake up every few days over the winter to eat.

I laugh to think that he/she may have had to construct an expansion to their hole in the ground to store the peanuts.

Doesn't take much to bring a smile to my face. I relish my happy moments in everyday.  

Your story reminded me of my chipmunk friend. About 13 years ago we went on an unfair labor practice strike against my employer (yes, the one I still work for). While out on the picket line I made friends with a chipmunk. He/she would come and fill his cheeks up with sunflower seeds and then take off and come back for more. I named him Hoover because he just "sucked up" the sunflower seeds.  Over the course of the strike it got to the point where he/she would get up and sit in my lap and take the seeds. The strike went on for 70+ days and when it was over I never saw Hoover again, I'm sure he/she too was wondering where his/her free meal went.  I just hope that he/she lived out a wonderful life........Lord knows he/she had enough seeds to last a lifetime.........LOL!

LvlSlgr

Oct-21

Great stories, mmpendo and  Tammy!

CC to mmpendo
KNIMtheTOAD

Oct-21

THEdella, Wanted to jump in and say thank you for the un-necessary apology. Everyone here understands its 2020 and the Hell of it all.  I too am a disable shut-in and this is my only link to the outside world. I've been out of the house only 4 times since February 2 doc appointments 1 dentist, 1Opthimologyst  and was scared to do those. 

You can see how Delphi's MC Forum takes into consideration everyone's feelings/situation  and if you need to blow steam we will bring some coal , water and a shoulder to rest on. Then we will all laugh together.

(should change your name to theDELLA  because you are important to us.)

KNIMtheTOAD

KNIMtheTOAD

Oct-21

I worked in a Resort  8 years. I had a Squirrel Rocky for 5. I was purchasing agent, bartender, waitress, plant caretaker. I would be up at daybreak to do hanging plants all over property. (3 restaurants,  2 bars, outside dinning in walk upstairs chickee huts and  half of property was over water.  Rocky would follow me every ware and beg for treats. He would stand put one paw behind his back and the other palm up and chitter at me . I would try to give him healthy pieces of fruit, he would look at it and drop it and reach out again. Wanted popcorn or toasted almonds. He would steal pens and bury them  the hanging plants. when I scolded him he would put his head down pound his chest.  If he wasn't there in am I would click my ring on the steal pipes that ran down the dock and he would show up. Rocky would come looking for me when whole resort was rocking but would not take food from anyone but me. With crowd talking and music playing I couldn't hear him and they would call out to me saying " Rocky's here." 

With caring for plants would throw leaves over into water that the porpoise would wait for. If wasn't fast enough they would whistle at me. We also had a Manatee who would go where the ice machines were dripping fresh water and suck it loudly. 

I mean very loud. this guy weighed 3 to 4 hundred lbs. 

I will tell you about Possum and sea gulls  another day.

KNIMtheTOAD

LOL.....................I think I should call you Dr Dolittle

Dr Dolittle's "Talk To The Animals"

Dr Dolittle's "Talk To The Animals" - YouTube ...

In reply toRe: msg 606
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Oct-21

I love all these stories!