Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spring Event - "Please wait" problem still around   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Apr-4 by LvlSlgr; 1171 views.
LvlSlgr

Apr-4

Not sure where to post this - TinyFaerie, feel free to move this to the appropriate folder.

The "Please wait" issue is still around for some of us. This first started for a large group of us (PC platform) with the update for the Fall Event. It's happens all of the time but is much more noticeable during the Events when trying to go into the Private Rooms of my friends.

I have 87 friends and last night struggled to get through all of them. About 18 didn't have a Spring Room open; so that means I went through 69 rooms. I got the "Please wait" message 12 times. Tonight has been much worse. I gave up after opening the rooms for 30 - 7 of which did not have a Spring Room open. That's only 23 rooms and I got the "Please wait" message 5 times. I finally gave up.

As I said before, this problem started happening immediately after the update for the Fall Event for a very large group of us on the PC platform. I have done everything I know to prevent it but nothing has helped.  Even being connected through an Ethernet cable doesn't make a difference.

Sorry, but I'm just tired of it.

crownthornes

Apr-5

Same problem here. I'm on PC. Please wait driving me mad. I also couldn't complete friends rooms without re-starting the computer multiple times and sending gifts is a problem too. I was hoping this would have been sorted before spring event obviously it hasn't been!

Dot (aussieDot1)

Apr-5

Hi,

I am having the same problem but not quite as bad as you have.  I played all 100+ rooms on one of my PC games with no issues today.  But when I played a second PC game tonight, I got the "Please Wait" message 4 times & had to exit the game manually each time.  I have 163 rooms on that game and I did eventually get through all the rooms.  Just found it very frustrating & tiring to have to shut down & restart the game so I could play the HOS in the friends rooms.  BTW:  I have 4 PC games.  I did 2 games yesterday and found the same as today.  The evening game (Australian Eastern Standard Time) had the "please wait" message while the game I played in the early afternoon did not.  Weird!! Maybe the issue is related to "busy traffic" times on the game. 

Sure hope a resolution can be found soon.

Dot

In reply toRe: msg 3
Robert (amf368)

Apr-5

The PLEASE WAIT problem may never go away. It is caused by overloaded intenet and servers. Slow connections, weather and other variables.  There is nothing Elephant games can do. Big Fish might be able to solve some of it by incressing server capacity. 

LvlSlgr

Apr-5

Hi Robert. I agree the "Please wait" problem is most likely caused by all of the things you listed. But something happened back in the fall that made it much worse. I say that because immediately after the Fall Event update a huge number of us suddenly started having this problem when we didn't before. Something changed with that update. I don't know if it was BF or EG ... but something changed.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Apr-5

I'm wondering if it will be worse in the next day.. if we all have to visit the Spring Terrace room. Hopefully any room will work for the CC, but if not -- I think it will be bad.

I am still having issues as well, receiving and giving gifts, as well as friends room, but I just keep task manager up and when "please wait" comes up shut shut the game down with task manager and then restart the game, no need to restart computer....I have also found that if you get through the first set of friends and bring up the next set sometimes if you wait a few minutes to open the room it won't freeze as often....I think it has to catch up....doesn't always work, but I get more rooms done this way....

Billye (BillyeLH)

Apr-5

At least it sounds like you got the download.  I still haven't been able to get the update.  I contacted BF on Thursday and no response yet.

Has the SE started yet?

Thanks! 

Robert (amf368)

Apr-5

Yes is started Friday night, April 3 at 8:00 PM EST. Tonight starts the third day of the SE and  Castle challenge

Billye (BillyeLH)

Apr-5

That stinks!!!  So, I’ve missed 3 days!

Thanks for the information!