Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delphi's Friend and Private Message Features   Technical Issues

Started 4/5/20 by Kidmagnet; 19614 views.
Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-7

I'm a long time player but I don't post often.  When I sent a friend request to someone new in the game recently, this person posted a message in the forum.  I take no issue with someone being cautious. 

In the forum you can send a PM to someone you trust to see if they know the person.  This is a really friendly/helpful group ~ bottom line ~ trust but verify

Azurina

Oct-8

ok, so experienced players are saying accept, but only if you verify they are a real player and not a spammer. What can they do if they are? If they don't have access to our account, then they would just sit in our friend list as a red wouldn't they if they are not really playing? In that case, we just ditch them a week or two into an event.

If they are sending us lots of mail, we just block them...yes?

I am trying to understand the caution people have here in accepting a FR because I don't understand the risk and what can happen. (I am so going to get burned-maybe- if I don't! hahaha)

thanks Azurina

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-8

Azurina,

I accept all in the game and one of my games has over 200 friends.  Friends are cautious for many reasons, I cannot speak for them.  Not everyone is inclined to accept all requests and many cap the number of friends they have, purely a personal choice but I don't believe they were verifying whether I was a spammer or not.

I think your 1st paragraph is referencing the game, not this forum so I'm not sure how you would spam someone within the game.  Not every player posts in the forum but you can always post here to see if anyone knows them (without listing their friend code).  There are references to highjacked games, how this happens I don't know but it has happened.  I have probably close to 50-75 people that are red but many come back during the seasonal events so they stay in my game.  When you say "sending us lots of mail", I'm assuming you're now talking about the forum so if this is happening to you I would report it to the host.  

I can only reference my own caution, not others.  I don't really get that much mail, and I'm assuming you're talking about PM's.  If I started getting spam mail (PM's) I would report it to our host but that hasn't been the case.  I might supply my name once I talk to a friend for awhile but I don't list my address, DOB, etc.  If you're in the forum often, you can see who posts often and you can always search for their name.  There are also lists that volunteers have compiled that show names of players, that's what I use plus I recognize names that have been with MC since the beginning.

I've never received a PM from a random person so I've never blocked someone.  

Last night I received an unsolicited PM from a person who is not a member of this forum, Last_Call1. I just clicked on his profile and chose the Ignore.

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-8

I would be very suspicious if I received a PM from that name.  

This is him and his profile page had a lot of lady friends...........................

Last_Call1

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-8

I guess I have been fortunate that I haven't received this type of PM.  Hopefully they didn't say anything inappropriate.  I don't even post a picture of myself on facebook and I only have a few friends on FB and even then the info is limited.  

This is my pix :)

Michaela (mtkim)

Nothing inappropriate, just saying hello and how was my day. Had it been I would've reported to the Hostess. Looks like he's been a Delphi member since 2002.

Michaela (mtkim)

Oct-8

Very weird.  Were you able to find out if they play MC?  It's not a name I've seen before.

I did a cursory check and couldn't find that they posted in this forum and although I did a search for their name on my game, it doesn't mean they do not play MC because I don't always have success when searching by name, although it may not be their game name.  So for those reasons I would have ignored them.

I don't think he has anything to do with Midnight Castle (the forum or the game), I think he may just belong to another forum here on Delphi.