Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Windows 10 Updates   Technical Issues

Started Apr-21 by katiek2; 831 views.
WildOneN3w

Jun-9

And, save three important files and even if you lose the game, you can regain your status.

Go to This PC/Users/[Owner]/Appdata/Roaming/Elephant Games/Midnight Castle. You'll see three files. 

Logfile.txt
Save.db
Settings.json

Save these to a USB or other removable drive. 

If you lose your game, Reinstall, activate it, close it, and then find the location of these files. They should be in the same location. But, they will be for your new ID. 
Then, copy the files you saved to that directory. Voila! You'll be restored. Worked for me when my hard drive crashed and I lost everything.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Myelle (Myelle01)

Jun-28

Speaking of Windows Updates, there is a new major one.

Windows 10, 2004 and it is full of glitches. I suggest that you put it off for as long as you can. 
It already hit my computer at work and now it has a glitch. Fortunately I can work around it.

Di (amina046)

Jun-29

Hi there, I have indeed postponed the 2004 but whats sort of glitch did you find? 
Keep safe!

Myelle (Myelle01)

Jun-30

Hi Di

There is a whole list of them on the update information page on Microsoft’s website.

anglegirl70

Jun-30

Hi Myelle,  Any suggestions of how to put that off.  I just hate the updates.  I just had one download itself because I wouldn't do it.  I keep clicking off everything it wants me to do.  Thats the only way I know of to not use the update.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks a lot.   Sandy

Myelle (Myelle01)

Jul-1

Hi Anglegirl,

See the 2nd message of this discussion.

I just updated the Feature Update Version 2004 (on my 2 Win 10 Pro Lenovo Laptops) and so far NO GLITCHES.   It may be because this update is different for Win 10 Home Users vs. the Win 10 Pro/Business versions???

Or M$ fixed some of the bugs?