Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PETS GONE WILD   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 5/7/18 by Dot (aussieDot1); 93692 views.
In reply toRe: msg 37
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Oberon’s Arrival

Oh, dear! A very demanding creature has appeared at the Castle Gates. He says he is Oberon - King of the Elves. He is arguing with Oeland Silver Mane - leader of the Werewolf Clan - about an Artifact. Oberon has bought his bodyguard & his Secret Service with him. The Secret Service elves have spread throughout the Castle & the Town. You can see where they have been by all the vines, etc they leave plus in places, you can see them watching. It really is not safe for the pets to be out & about. However several of the pets are getting "cabin- fever" so I decided to take them to the Inn to visit Salty.

When we get there, we can hear growling & roaring. It was the Armoured Bear & he was frightening all the patrons - even Salty was not game to go near him. Taking a deep breath, Fireball Phoenix barrels over to the Armoured Bear & asks "What's the matter?" It turns out a sharp piece of bone is caught between the bear's teeth causing not only a toothache but cutting the inside of the bear's mouth each time he tries to close it. Fireball worked the piece of bone loose much to the bear's relief. Salty was so grateful that he gave Fireball a gold chest.

Happy Turtle met up with his friend, the Drunken Skeleton & together they reminisced about old times. As a thank you for visiting, the Drunken Skeleton gave Happy a silver chest.

Hoppy Tiger was most indignant when the unruly Monkey dropped a rusty chest on Hoppy's head.

uddenly there is a loud squarking & we saw a brightly coloured parrot flapping his wings furiously trying to dislodge a crab that has grabbed hold of Pauly Parrot's tail. Apparently Pauly had been wandering round on the dice table when he went too close to the crab's waving pincers. Salty had a good laugh at the spectacle. He gave Pauly a silver chest as compensation after we rescued him.

Singing a jaunty tune, we passed the Secret Service elves on our way home.

In reply toRe: msg 38
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Morning Jog

Thank goodness!! The King of the Elves has finished whatever he came to do & has taken his bodyguard & Secret Service Elves & gone home. All those vines, etc have disappeared also. A person can move around the Castle now.

Cuddles Panda with Hooter Owl on his shoulder & Hoppy Tiger alongside go for their morning jog. They notice that the Fairy Sculpture in the Castle Entry has changed to the Elfish Bas-Relief but are not game to investigate further because Oeland Silver Mane is in the Castle Entry & he is muttering about WAR with the elves. OH, dear!

So they head for Cuddles' old stomping ground - the Castle Vicinity or simply the Road to the Castle. The members of the Broken Carriage Bamboo Eating Contest welcome Cuddles back & SURPRISE! He is still the reigning Champ. With the disruption caused by the elves, there is no contest organised but Cuddles is happy to talk to his old friends. Outside the Carriage, they find a rusty chest & give it to Cuddles as a reminder to come back soon.

Hooter flew up onto the Road Sign. This, too, had changed because the elves damaged the original sign. The gnomes had to replace it with a new one - now known as the Gnome Road Sign - fancy, it is too! Opening the barrel, Hooter found a rusty chest. Trust the gnomes to keep the best.

Hoppy Tiger took 2 Murderer's Eyes from the Crypt & went over & opened the Iron Chest - to find a gold chest. "Scored! My hunch paid off," thought Hoppy!

Feeling energised & happy, the pets continue their jog but not around the Castle - instead they jog home.

In reply toRe: msg 39
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Playing Hide and Seek

They were supposed to be jogging. Even though the doctor had declared Cuddles better - the pets kept up the jogging routine. They knew I would not be happy if they weren't. But it was all so much fun! Playing Hide and Seek ... in the Dungeon of the Cursed. Cuddles Panda stayed in the Throne Room counting to 100 while the pets scrambled for a hiding place in the Dungeon.

Emerald decided on hiding in plain sight. Since the removal of the 3 Prisoners (skeletons), 3 Dragons had moved in. They were green so Emerald joined them to make 4 dragons in the alcove.

Gabbi Griffin flew up on to the Stone Chaps & tried to blend in with the shadows around the Stone Chaps.

Hooter Owl went to the Skulls & sat next to the owl already in residence. He was a surly type who disappeared at a click so Hooter said nothing - just sat there.

Cee-For Cat climbed down into the Battle Pit BUT it wasn't the Battle Pit anymore, it had become the Castle Armoury. So many changes have taken place. Investigating further, Cee-For found the ideal hiding spot behind the curtains & the glass showcase with the sword in it.

Coming! Ready or not! shouted Cuddles. When he got to the Dungeon, he saw no-one, so he started hunting. He went left first & opened up the Carnivorous Lily - being too big to swallow the Lily spat him out but not before Cuddles got his hands on a silver chest.

No-one there so Cuddles turned his attention to the Castle Armoury. He found Cee_For's hiding spot & tagged him. Cee-For picked up the rusty chest beside him & went & waited for the others. Peering into the Skulls, Cuddles did not find Hooter at first. Then there was a click & the resident owl disappeared leaving Hooter exposed. Hooter grabbed a rusty chest & joined Cee_For.

Cuddles passed Emerald's hiding spot 3 times before one of the dragons sneezed & drew Cuddles' attention. He smiled when he saw Emerald. Emerald thanked the dragons for allowing her to hide among them. They gave her a silver chest because they had enjoyed the game too.

Cuddles couldn't find Gabbi anywhere. In the end, he said "I give up! Where are you hiding?" Gabbi chortled. The Stone Chaps opened to reveal a rusty chest which Gabbi picked up before she flew down to join the others.

Excited & happy, the pets decided they would go home to show off their 'finds'.

In reply toRe: msg 40
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Fun in the Snow

The pets & I had been away. When we returned home, it was to find that winter had come to the Castle. Snow lay like a thick white blanket across the landscape while icicles hung from the roof guttering - all glistened in the weak winter sun. The pets 'oohed & ahhed' & couldn't wait to pile out of the car. "Everything inside first!" I shout. "And put away!" I add as an afterthought as Fireball Phoenix dumped his stuff just inside the door & made a dash for the snow-filled yard. I got lots of glares but we unloaded the car & put away all the things. I had no sooner said "All done!" then there was a mad scramble for the door out into the snow to play.

There were sounds of delight from all over the yard as the pets danced, pranced, bounced & rolled in the snow. Happy Turtle even created his own version of a 'snow angel'. Pup Puppy dug into the snow & unearthed an old bone covered in snow - his very own Snow Bone. Sebastian Seal & Prickles Hedgehog rolled snow into a ball & began to make a snowman. The other pets soon joined in & a crooked, 'wobbly-looking' snowman was made. Mandy Manticore dashed inside & grabbed her scarf to decorate the snowman & a carrot for it's nose. Meanwhile Hooter Owl had found 2 stones for the snowman's eyes.

Then the pets decided on a snowball fight. Teams were decided on & what area each team would defend. They quickly built their forts & walls of snow - then turned their attention to moulding snowballs. Cee_For blew the Battle Horn & the snowballs began to fly. Using the snowball like a Cannonball, the pets tried to knock down each other's defences. Every so often, a Call of Triumph could be heard when a snowball found its target. Then I spotted him, Hoppy Tiger trying a sneak attack on his opponent's fort. Crouching low, he used his white colouring to hide his approach & then, like an Attacking Snow Leopard, he pounced on the fort's snow wall - knocking it down. As far as the other side was concerned that was the Sign of War. Soon snowballs & when they ran out, handfuls of snow were flying - aimed at each other.

Much later, the exhausted pets came back inside thoroughly exhilarated by their 'fun in the snow'.

In reply toRe: msg 41
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Operation – Christmas Decorations    (14 chapters)

Chapter 1. Egg delivery

I hear a noise, like tinkling bells, on the roof. I shake my head - 'Nah! I am hearing things!" Then a soft thud. "That's it. I am going to check it out!" I open the front door and there is a largish box (sealed) with a sign "FRAGILE: Handle with Care" plastered on it. I drag it inside & carefully open it. The pets gather around to see what is going on.

There are 5 coloured eggs inside. All have decorations on them. What!! Then I spy a delivery docket and taped to the back of the docket is a set of destructions - SORRY instructions. It reads:
* Keep in a Cool Place.
* Hatch As Soon As Possible.
At the bottom in very tiny print - Clue: See the Keeper of the Castle.

Mandy Manticore asks "Where's a cool place?" I decide to turn the old icebox on its side. Cuddles Panda, Gabbi Griffin & Hoppy Tiger troop outside & gather snow to fill the ice chest. We place the eggs inside. Satisfied they are in a cool place, I set off to see the Keeper of the Castle. The pets keep an eye on the eggs.

The Keeper of the Castle is not in a very good mood. "Hmph! Those blasted elves!!" Apparently some of the elves (still on learner's plates) took the sleigh out for a test run. They overturned it, spilling Christmas decorations all over the place. A massive clean-up is needed to get the Castle & the Town back into shape.

When I ask about the eggs, the Keeper tells me, they are Christmas pets. "But the instructions say to see you on how to hatch them." I answer. "Of course, I have the cards!" he replies. Then he looks at me & says "I will make you a deal - get your pets to clean up the Christmas decorations spillage & I will give you the cards!"

I agree & head back home. I tell the pets tomorrow we have a job so we best get a good night's sleep. They have had a full day so they go quietly to bed.

Chapter 2.  First Stop Mirror Lake

I awake to find the pets peering into the icebox at the eggs. I send Cuddles Panda out to get more snow to pack around the eggs. After breakfast, I tell the pets "We have a quest for the Keeper of the Castle to do today!" They perk up & listen. I explain that "all the Christmas decorations have disappeared". They look dismayed. "So we need to find them." Heads nod. It was decided that Happy Turtle would take a crew & check out his friend, Skull Pete's haunt - Mirror Lake. While Fireball Phoenix would take his group to the Underground Grotto. The rest of the pets would stay & guard the eggs.

Happy & his crew arrived at Mirror Lake. Skull Pete greeted them, smiled at Perdita Pegasus & looked relieved that Emerald Dragon, Petunia Pig & Heather Hippo were not among the group. Those 3 cause havoc - he claims. When Happy explained their mission, Skull Pete waved his hand & said "By all means, go to it!"
Snazzy Snail crawled into the Bag - pulled out 15 Christmas Wreaths & a Silver chest.
Hoppy Tiger went over to the Bow Figure & politely asked if he had seen any Christmas decorations. "Décor-ations!" groused the Bow Figure & showed Hoppy a pile of 20 Santa Hats. Hoppy picked them up along with a silver chest.
Mandy Manticore checked out the Pirate Ship. She did not find any decorations, only a rusty chest. However she did find a Wizard's Ball. While she was holding it up to the sun, it exploded - showering her in Christmas Tree Trimmings (20 of them).
Perdita Pegasus looked over the rigging for the Pirate Ship. There she found 20 Candy Canes - just hanging on the sails & rigging. She collected them & then flew to the crow's nest for a rest. Here she spied a silver chest.
Cuddles Panda investigated the Tent. Here he found 20 Christmas Bells & a gold chest (under Skull Pete's hammock).
Happy Turtle opened the Pirate Standard - to find 20 Christmas Wreaths & a silver chest.

Happy & his crew thanked Skull Pete & headed home with the decorations & their other 'finds'.

In reply toRe: msg 42
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Chapter 3.  Next the Underground Grotto

Fireball Phoenix led his contingent to the Underground Grotto. He introduced himself & his crew to Arabella Scales & explained their mission. "Well, just don't stand there! Get to work!" She was very ill-tempered - all the decorations were making it difficult for her to get her potions right.

Prickles Hedgehog went to the Crocodile Bush & said hello to mama crocodile. A long while back mama crocodile had tried to eat Prickles but after a mouthful of spikes, she decided that Prickles was better as a friend than as food. Prickles went & knocked on baby crocodile's egg. When it popped it's head out, they had a chat while Prickles cleaned up the nest - finding no Christmas decorations, just a rusty chest.
Bright-Eyes Lemur climbed up to Six Paws home. She discovered a distant relative (on her mother's side of the family). They talked. "Why are you locked up?" Bright Eyes asked. Six Paws explained that he had a really nasty alter ego & could change at any time. "Definitely family!!" said Bright Eyes & told him about Liv. Six Paws was delighted with the company & gave Bright Eyes a silver chest. Together they searched Six Paws quarters & found 15 Santa hats.
Sebastian Seal's mouth fell open when he saw the mermaid at the Stone Bowl. She was the loveliest creature he had every seen. However the mermaid remembered some of the stupid things Sebastian used to do so was only semi-welcoming. Subdued Sebastian worked - finding a rusty chest & 15 Tree Trimmings. Before he left, he told her "I've changed, you know!"
Steffany Squirrel checked among the stalactites - to find Candy Canes (20 of them) hooked there. She also found a silver chest.
Arabella spotted Pup Puppy making a beeline for her Cauldron & chased him away. "Not again!" she bellowed. So Pup contented himself with digging up the grassy mound near the Rune Altar. He unearthed a rusty chest & 15 Tree Trimmings.
Fireball Phoenix, whom Arabella remembered as the one who set her clothes alight, also stepped cautiously around Arabella, peered in the Cauldron (saw nothing) so he investigated the Rune Altar. Opening it, he found a gold chest & 15 Christmas Bells.
The clean-up complete, the pets head for home.

Chapter 4. Just John Comes A-Hatching

I gather the Christmas decorations collected so far & go see the Keeper of the Castle. He reminds me the job is far from finished when he hands me some Christmas cards. I agree & look at the cards. "Well, hurry up home then! I have already notified Just John that you are ready to hatch a Christmas pet!" Not having a clue what the Keeper was talking about, I speed home. As I rush through my front door, a strange looking carriage pulls up in front of my place. The pets have their noses pressed to the window watching. A young fella gets out & pulls a smallish black box from the carriage. He puts it in the snow at the foot of the stairs. With a flick of his wrist, the box expands - whirring metal 'arms' appear & a thudding sound can be heard. Just John knocks on the door & holds his hand out for the Christmas cards. I give them to him. He looks at them & selects the pale brown/ burnished gold coloured egg with green trim. He places it in his gizmo which starts to make a funny noise. Then it stops. He hands me the egg which is starting to crack. With a wave of his hand, the gizmo folds back down to the black box which he loads into his carriage & disappears.

I carefully place the egg on the floor. More cracking & I see 2 soft brown doe-eyes looking at me. "That's it! I am a goner!" Slowly a brown head & 2 spindly legs appear; followed by a body covered in soft brown hide & lastly 2 more spindly legs. A reindeer!! The pets & I watch as It tries to stand on wobbly legs but falls over. It tries again & soon has the hang of standing up. She (it's a girl!) looks at everyone watching her & tries to hide. I call her Ryia Reindeer. Perdita Pegasus is enthralled - she has a playmate. Perdita & Gabbi Griffin offer to make space in their room for Ryia. While Perdita & Gabbi take Ryia to re-arrange their room, I look at the remaining pets. We still have a quest for the Keeper of the Castle to finish, I remind them. They nod & 2 work crews head into the Castle.

In reply toRe: msg 43
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Chapter 5.  Searching The Mystery Chamber

The working bees plan to start at the furthest point & work towards the Keeper of the Castle. When they reached the Dungeon of the Cursed, Mandy Manticore halted her group while Cuddles Panda & his crew continued on to the Mystery Chamber.

At the Chamber, Cuddles greeted Count Vesnik & his family. He explained what the Keeper of the Castle wanted the pets to do. The Count said "That's fine!" and moved his family out of the way.

Happy Turtle crawled into the Shining Split. Although he searched everywhere, he could not find any Christmas decorations but he did find a gold chest which he kept.

The Column of the Fallen groaned when he saw Steffany Squirrel heading for him. She always used him as a racetrack & today he just did not have the patience for it. However Steffany simply scampered up the Column looking for Christmas decorations. She found 20 Santa Hats and a rusty chest at the top.

Sebastian Seal opened up the Secret Slab. "You know, this is not really a secret anymore!" thinks Sebastian. "Everyone knows about it!!" Inside he found 20 Christmas Wreaths & a rusty chest.

Bright-Eyes Lemur (I am so glad she has not changed to Liv yet) climbed up to renew her acquaintance with the Chained Eagles. She feels sorry for them - being chained like that. But she continues with her search & find mission. A silver chest & 20 Christmas Bells later, she bids the eagles farewell.

Snazzy Snail races (well, races at snail's pace!) up the Tree of Knowledge. Candy Canes are hanging everywhere so she gathers them up (20 in all). In the Wise Owl's nest is a silver chest which she gathers up as well.

Cuddles checks the platform & the floor - spying 20 Tree Trimmings sitting in one corner. Apparently, Count Vesnik's wife did not like the balls cluttering up the Chamber so she swept them into one corner. As a reward for removing the pile, the Count gave Cuddles a rusty chest.

Their part of the quest completed - the pets head for home,

Chapter 6.  Down in the Dungeon

Meanwhile in the Dungeon of the Cursed, Mandy Manticore's group broke up & started on their search & find quest.

Pup Puppy actually fell into the Castle Armoury but this did not faze him. He began checking out everything & there were lots of things to 'check out'. He found a silver chest behind the curtain. Then he finally remembered, he was supposed to be looking for decorations. Santa Hats were hanging all over the weapons so he collected them & went to wait for the others.

Hoppy Tiger approached the 3 Dragons & asked politely if any Christmas decorations had landed in their alcove. Surprised the dragons looked into their home & saw there were Tree Trimmings strewn around. (Shows how much interest some creatures take of their surroundings.) Hoppy quickly gathered up the Trimmings. The dragons gave Hoppy a rusty chest.

Petunia Pig flew up to the Stone Chaps. Hanging on the chains were lots of Candy Canes. Petunia made a 'right pig of herself' scoffing down Candy Canes. She still managed to keep 20 of them plus a rusty chest she spied in the Stone Chaps centre.

Fireball Phoenix dived into the Skulls - banging some thick heads together. He found 15 Christmas Bells & a silver chest. Satisfied, he went & waited with Pup.

Heather Hippo tackled the Carnivorous Lily - literally! The Lily thought the Christmas Wreaths were food & was busy trying to devour them. So Heather got the Lily in a chokehold & forced the Lily to relinquish it's hold on the Wreaths. In disgust, the Lily spat a silver chest at Heather but Heather didn't mind. She picked up the 20 Christmas Wreaths (& her chest) & joined Fireball & Pup.

Mandy Manticore took a look around the Dungeon. She almost fell through the opening into the Underground Grotto. She checked the walls & a weapons stand - finding a small pile of mixed Christmas decorations - some Tree Trimmings/ Wreaths/ Candy Canes. She also found a silver chest.

Just then, Cuddles's group came through the Dungeon. They were finished in the Mystery Chamber so Mandy called her group together. Laden with their "finds", all the pets trooped home.

In reply toRe: msg 44
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Chapter 7.  Checking Out the Throne Hall

The pets return home with armfuls of Christmas decorations. I decide that I am not going to the Keeper of the Castle until more of the clean-up is done so we stow the decorations in the study. The pets are still gung-ho to get back out there & find all the decorations. They want to see what creatures are in the other eggs. So after a rest & a feed, 2 more crews head out.

Arriving at the Throne Hall, Hoppy Tiger directs each member of his crew to investigate a different area.

Steffany Squirrel climbs the wall to check out the Flag. It is a small area but flicking a hidden catch reveals a deep cabinet. Inside Steffany sees a pile of Tree Trimmings on a rusty chest. She collects all items & goes to wait for the rest of the group.

Pauly Parrot flew up to the Armour & Banners. He did not find any Christmas decorations but he did strike up a conversation with the hunting falcon. He lifted the covers from the falcon's eyes but after being in the dark for so long, the light hurt the falcon's eyes so Pauly put the covers back. For trying to help, the falcon gave Pauly a rusty chest.

Heather Hippo opened the Chained Chest. A Winged Guard flew out & challenged Heather. Heather used her feminine wiles & talked him into letting her look in the Chained Chest. She saw Christmas Bells & asked nicely if she could have them. As the guard considered them litter, he was grateful that they would be removed. With a wink, he said to Heather "Come back soon!" & gave her a silver chest.

Cuddles Panda investigated the Mirrors. There were Candy Canes everywhere so Cuddles set about gathering them all. In the process, he discovered a gold chest. He was very pleased with his 'find'. Cuddles asked Pauly to help carry some of the canes.

Bright-Eyes Lemur clambered up onto the large bat-wing structure above the Dungeon doorway. Here she found 20 Christmas Wreaths hanging from any small projection in the structure. Collecting them, she was about to go back down when she spotted a wooden chest so she took it as well.

Hoppy examined the Door Cache. Using a Black Lily & the Links of Steel, he opened it to reveal Santa Hats. When he picked them up, he found that they were hiding a gold chest. He picked it up as well.

Satisfied they had found all the decorations, Hoppy takes his crew home.

In reply toRe: msg 45
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Chapter 8.  Meanwhile in the Tower

Fireball Phoenix took his work group into the Forbidden Tower. Anabel & the Iron Knight were happy to see Fireball & his group again. Fireball explained about the search & find mission. Anabel was impressed so the Iron Knight & Anabel did a temporary disappearing act to 'get out of the road'.

Turning to his crew, he finds that they have already split & are tackling different spots around the Tower.

Emerald Dragon flutters her wings & rises up to check out the Mosaic Panel. It's fiery colours act as a camouflage for the 15 Santa Hats. Then she notices a Santa Hat sitting on top of the snake's head - that makes 16. She carefully removes the hat & puts it with her stash. Keeping a wary eye on the snake, Emerald finishes her search when she finds a rusty chest.

Hooter Owl checks out under the stairs. He discovers Christmas Wreaths in dusty corners, even in the canon barrel. While collecting all the wreaths, Hooter espies a rusty chest - now, thanks to his new glasses, he know what it looks like.

Prickles Hedgehog waddles over to the Writing Corner. He remembered last time he was here, there was something under the table so he crawls underneath. Sure enough, there are 20 Christmas Bells & a silver chest under the table.

Gabbi Griffin heads to the Scroll Storage & immediately strikes up a conversation with the cherub. Balls (also called Tree Trimmings) line the shelves. The cherub says "Help yourself!" So Gabbi does along with a wooden chest she has uncovered.

Happy Turtle dives into the Book of Evil. He surfaces clutching a silver chest & 15 Candy Canes.

Fireball does a last sweep around the Forbidden Tower discovering more Candy Canes & Christmas Wreaths. He also finds a silver chest.

Everyone is tired & ready for home so they join Hoppy Tiger's crew & head out. Arms laden with decorations & chests, the pets were not impressed when the Keeper of the Castle stopped them to find out how they were going with the clean-up. In exasperation, Hoppy dumped his decorations in the Keeper's lap - the other pets followed suit. The Keeper of the Castle was most annoyed with the pets but he still gave them the cards in exchange for the decorations. With a much lighter load, the pets retreat home.

In reply toRe: msg 46
Dot (aussieDot1)

5/7/18

Chapter 9.  Introducing Ryia Reindeer

While the pets are away on their 'search and find' quest, I haul out the Christmas tree. I place it in the lounge. Ryia comes to see what all the noise is about. She is still a little unsteady on her long thin legs, Yet she is testing her newfound skill out by kicking out with her back legs. Most times she falls over but she just gets back up again & tries -- "Noooo! Not there! Too late!"" The coffee cup I placed on the small table in the lounge goes flying - hitting the wall & smashing. My bad for leaving it there. Ryia freezes 'like a deer caught in headlights'. She has a scared look on her face so I drop to my knees beside her & cuddle her telling her "it is okay!" I clean up the mess & do a sweep of the house - putting all breakables either away in cabinets or up out of reach. Ryia follows so I will introduce her.

Sharing a room with Gabbi Griffin & Perdita Pegasus is

Ryia Reindeer
Ryia is the newest addition to our home - a baby (newly hatched). I savour this time as a toddler because it won't last long - just a Drop of Time. Reindeer mature quickly. Already Ryia is starting to master walking. Soon she will be galloping around. Ryia has large brown eyes & a soft brown coat. She loves soothing strokes along her flank. Ryia is sweet & trusting with a gentle, quiet nature. However when Perdita gave her a green scarf, Ryia paraded around showing off to everyone. The long ends trailed on the floor & she often tripped so I wrapped it around her slender neck & pinned it. So she went around everyone & showed it off again. She is a little darling! One with a persistent, inquisitive side. She is alert & watchful - and copies what you do. I am hoping the other pets do not teach her bad habits.

The pets return empty-handed. Hoppy explains. I say "That is okay. All of you have worked hard today." I stow the cards in the study & set about getting the pets ready for bed. Tomorrow is another day.