Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PLEASE WAIT !!!!!!!!!   Technical Issues

Started May-26 by anglegirl70; 1196 views.
Honeyphan

Jul-23

I am wondering if it has to do with Windows udpates...

I was going along just fine yesterday, when I got the notice that it was time to do a Windows update, so I did, which lasted only about 15 seconds, and when I went back into the game, the "Please Wait" has hounded me ever since!

In the friends, for gifting,  and in the private rooms, for shard collecting. I didn't have this problem before the update.

The "Please Wait" box does eventually go away and the game screen/private room/friends list does come up - it just makes things slower.

• Edited July 23, 2020 7:03 pm  by  Honeyphan

You're lucky if the "Please wait..........." goes away for you.  For most of us it freezes our game and we have to use the Task Manager to get out of the game.  We've been experiencing this since the Fall update last year.

Honeyphan

Jul-23

Do you think it might have something to do with hitting higher levels?  I had also just hit level 78 when this started...

The "Please Wait" does go away, after about 15 seconds. ...

As I gain more progress and achieve more levels, it will be interesting to note if it stays the same, goes away, or stays up longer (to support above theory)...

LvlSlgr

Jul-23

What Tammy said above is absolutely true. This happened to several of us immediately after the update for the Fall Event last year. There's a thread/discussion somewhere in this forum about it that we started when it happened.

And I don't think it has anything to do with the upper levels. I'm usually at the highest level but Tammy has stopped leveling up and is only at Level 80.

mdpetdoc

Jul-24

On my laptop, a previous Windows update changed my Wi-Fi connection properties causing a slower connection and please wait problems. I waited a few days then went to the manufacturer's website and downloaded the latest drivers and patches which solved the problem. MC has a long history of please wait problems but since yours started after a Windows update, it's worth checking. You may also be able to reverse the update if you do it immediately to see if the problem resolves.

Honeyphan

Jul-24

Thank you guys! :)

mdpetdoc - That's definitely worth looking into - I also noticed booting up is taking longer for my Firefox windows to show up and not just endlessly load...when you say manufacturer to get the patches, if available - do you mean Windows, or Elephant games? (sorry if that's a stupid question, but I don't have my sons here anymore to run to when I'm in a computer bind and clueless how to proceed! lol)

• Edited July 24, 2020 5:12 pm  by  Honeyphan
mdpetdoc

Jul-24

Start by going to Lenovo, HP, Asus, Dell, etc. Most of them have a detection program which will scan for updates and drivers. 

Honeyphan

Jul-24

Oh, okay- cool! I didn't know that!

My boys always took care of those things - my youngest built my computer -ordering all the parts- with a friend of his who is savvy in it. (They also put in the drivers and such when they set it up) - looks like now I need to learn...

thanks! :)

Honeyphan

Jul-26

Thank you so so much for this info, mdpetdoc! I wasn't sure of what brand of computer it was (since my son and his friend put it together with parts from different places) - but he came over today and when I told him the problem, he went to the windows updates and installed the fix - it works great now! No more "please wait!"  (hallelujah! lol)  :)

mdpetdoc

Jul-26

I'm so glad there was an easy fix for you star2