Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

To Friends of WeeSam   Friends

Started Jun-15 by WeeSam (WeesamNZ); 979 views.
In reply toRe: msg 9
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-14

The new keyboard on my laptop has gone rogue again! This time there are 8 keys that won't work. Unfortunately 2 of those non working keys are required for my password to login to the laptop. Which means, I can't log in! So no way to play the game until they fix it. Sorry friends.

Fortunately I still have the work computer at home, which is where I am typing this from, but I can't download games on to it. Work would get a bit upset if I did.

It may be time to bite the bullet and go buy a new laptop. 

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

Aug-14

Hi WeeSam! Do you use a mouse with your laptop? If so, there is an "ease of access" icon on your password page. It looks like a clock with hands at 12 and 3. Click it and you can use the on-screen keyboard to click in your password. I assume you can use the scroll pad also.

I dropped my laptop on it's side and every once in a while something rolling around in there makes my keyboard useless. I've always used a mouse (hate the scroll pad). Now I have a wireless mouse and keyboard sitting on top of the laptop keyboard. $20 US at Wal-mart.

Hope this helps!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-14

I didn't know that 'ease of access' thing. I'll give it a go. At least I will be able to go in and do a back-up before my laptop goes in for repairs again on Monday.

I did think about plugging in my work computer keyboard to the laptop, and might go buy a keyboard if repairs go wonky again. I really don't want to waste money on a new laptop right now. Sadly I can't buy one at Walmart as I'm in NZ and we don't have that store here. 

I don't like the scroll pad either. Never found any reason to try to learn how to use it when a wireless mouse works just fine!

LvlSlgr

Aug-14

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

I don't like the scroll pad either.

I tried the pad when I first got my laptop and immediately decided I wanted my wireless mouse back. LOL

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-14

Are you like me, and remember when the mouse and windows based computing was new? I remember when mice first came in my workplace had us all learning how to use them by having us all play solitaire!

LvlSlgr

Aug-15

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

Are you like me, and remember when the mouse and windows based computing was new?

Yes! I remember we had these terminals (monitor with a keyboard) which were connected to the mainframe computer. Because the cost of maintaining/upgrading the mainframe was becoming more costly, they started looking at going client/server. We all got the desktop computers. We still had to maintain the database on the mainframe but in the meantime we were playing Solitaire and Minesweeper so that "we could get used to using the mouse." LOL

Weesam, I go back so far that I can remember when we had keypunch machines. My second job out of high school was as a keypunch operator at the American Printing House for the Blind in 1971. But that was my introduction to computers and I was in that field until 2003. Data entry operator, tape librarian/scheduler, computer room operator, programmer, programmer/analyst, database administrator and so on.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Aug-15

Wow, Cookie thanks for the tip. It worked. I've now got my computer backing up everything.

LvlSlgr: I don't quite go back as far as key punch machines, I don't think. I don't remember them anyway. Electronic typewriters had just come in when I started work, although I learnt to type on a regular old typewriter. I remember the first time I ever sat in front of a computer was when I went to work in Nairobi, Kenya, and my work place had just purchased a computer. No one had any idea how to use it, they just told me to 'figure it out'! And back in the pre-windows DOS days 'figuring it out' was not easy. Fortunately I found a wonderful Indian tech guy who helped me out.

CC to LvlSlgr