Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Question about 20 pet medallions in 24 hours   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-9 by Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1); 460 views.

I have to admit I have been lazy about pet medallions ---- when this particular task has come up before I had so few medallions on hand I would just use what I had for pet food then buy the rest to satisfy the task.

But this time I have hundreds of medallions, so my question is ---- other than buying them with diamonds when you have none or finding them in chests, is there any way to get medallions that I have forgotten? I kind of don't want to drain my medallion supply, but I will do that before wasting pet food trying for medallions in chests ---- UNLESS there are certain pets that seem to yield medallions. Anyone know?

(I know, that is 2 questions!)

AEGram

Jul-9

ONLY the Wooden and Iron chests (from regular pets) will give the Pet Medallions.

Players can also receive a Pet Medallion from a crystal chest offered by the Exclusive Pets.

Other than receiving them from the pet chests, the only way to earn these is through the parts of the DQs.

Most of the 3-part DQs give 1 medallion for each part completed. However, the Three Days of the Castle Explorer will give players 3 medallions for the first part, 4 medallions for part 2, and 6 medallions for part 3.

Players receive 2 medallions for each part completed of a 5-part DQ

Of the 10-part DQs..... Gnome Spy, In the Service of the Record Keeper, New Knowledge, Robbery of the Century, and Secret Delivery all give 3 medallions for each part completed. ..................Rare Editions, Something New, and What's Going On will give 1 medallion for each part completed.

So....for this task....one would want to feed pets that offer a high percentage for giving Wooden or Iron chests .....and I've found that during a CC, those percentages just don't seem to hold true. But, I've also found that trying to rely on JUST pet chests results in many feedings and few medallions.

As a result, I start the DQs, hoping for one that will give me several medallions in each part, and one that DOES NOT send me to the Ghostly Chest.....I will also pepper those DQs with periodic pet feedings. 

Something to bear in mind on DAY 7 - GET 20 PET MEDALLIONS IN 24 HOURS .... The clock starts ticking when you get that first medallion.......please, please, please watch your clock to be sure you don't get up to as many as 18 of them, take a break, and return to the game only to find your count is back to zero because the 24-hour clock wound down.

Edited to add one final comment...................it is possible to receive more than one medallion from a single pet chest.

• Edited July 9, 2020 1:25 am  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks for all that info ---- maybe on that day, I can get a jump with a good DQ. But I won't send airships just to get medallions ---- looks like I might have to get a lot of pet food.

AEGram

Jul-9

You're welcome................in a normal situation, I might recommend for players to feed the Winged Cat and Griffin to see how many medallions they get.....let them wake up and feed again.....rinse and repeat.........

However, the 24 hour time limit has me nervous........If I get a good DQ, I will probably use an amulet to speed things up while periodically feeding pets just to get past this one. I definitely don't want to get over half of them only to lose them because the 24 hour time limit had lapsed.

Playbelle

Jul-12

Good idea, I would definitely advise putting some pet food on your Wish List. 

Remember that when you go to select a pet, you can hover over each type of chest (or tap the chest if you're using a touch screen) that the pet might bring to see the percentage of chance for each type of chest.  As AEGram says, you want wooden chests (so the Snow Griffin is a good example of one pet you'll want to feed) or a Crystal Chest if you have Exotic Pets.  

The Jack-In-The-Box and the Winged Cat are your other best bets for the regular pets (50% chance of a Wooden Chest for those 2, the Snow Griffin is 90% chance of a Wooden Chest).  That said, I don't always get a Pet Medallion even with a Wooden Chest, but sometimes I get 2 or more.  

It's extremely rare, but I have actually received an occasional Pet Medallion from an Iron Chest (only happened a few times and always surprised me). 

I sure wish we could gift each other Pet Medallions!