Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Get 20 Pet Medallions in 24 Hours   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-13 by Katijay (Katijay46); 449 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Jul-13

If you don't have any you can buy them, but if you are like most you have too many to sell off...You can get them by completing parts of DQ's feeding some pets...and as stated early there is a in-depth discussion on this topic by AEGram in this folder titled "Question about 20 pet medallions in 24 hours"...Good luck to all... 

AEGram

Jul-13

Since we're actually on THE day for Pet Medallions, I shall copy my post from the referenced other thread:

ONLY the Wooden and Iron chests (from regular pets) will give the Pet Medallions.

Players can also receive a Pet Medallion from a crystal chest offered by the Exclusive Pets.

Other than receiving them from the pet chests, the only way to earn these is through the parts of the DQs.

Most of the 3-part DQs give 1 medallion for each part completed. However, the Three Days of the Castle Explorer will give players 3 medallions for the first part, 4 medallions for part 2, and 6 medallions for part 3.

Players receive 2 medallions for each part completed of a 5-part DQ

Of the 10-part DQs..... Gnome Spy, In the Service of the Record Keeper, New Knowledge, Robbery of the Century, and Secret Delivery all give 3 medallions for each part completed. ..................Rare Editions, Something New, and What's Going On will give 1 medallion for each part completed.

So....for this task....one would want to feed pets that offer a high percentage for giving Wooden or Iron chests .....and I've found that during a CC, those percentages just don't seem to hold true. But, I've also found that trying to rely on JUST pet chests results in many feedings and few medallions.

As a result, I start the DQs, hoping for one that will give me several medallions in each part, and one that DOES NOT send me to the Ghostly Chest.....I will also pepper those DQs with periodic pet feedings. 

Something to bear in mind on DAY 7 - GET 20 PET MEDALLIONS IN 24 HOURS .... The clock starts ticking when you get that first medallion.......please, please, please watch your clock to be sure you don't get up to as many as 18 of them, take a break, and return to the game only to find your count is back to zero because the 24-hour clock wound down.

Edited to add one final comment...................it is possible to receive more than one medallion from a single pet chest. 

Adding this additional remark to the above copied post.....................yesterday when we were required to get 4 Silver pet chests, I lost count of all the Pet Medallions I received when I got a Wooden or Iron Chest. Because it was so shocking, I did write down that my Jack O'Lantern pet gave me 3 items in his iron chest...........all 3 were pet medallions! ...........Rainbow Dragon gave me an Iron chest with 2 pet medallions.

Today, when I want them, they will be few and far between.

In reply toRe: msg 2
AEGram

Jul-13

Just as a follow-up.............the new day is here, so I have my new DQ assignment: 

Three Days of the Castle Explorer
1. Griffin Stall (3x), Train Cabin (3x), Airships (x350)  -- 100 coins, 3 medallions, 1 HOS item
2. Flying Boat (3x), Create items (x3), Transformer Magus (3x) -- 100 coins, 4 medallions, 1 HOS item
3. Expedition Camp (3x), Feed Pets (x30), Statue of Angel (3x) -- 100 coins, 6 medallions, 1 HOS item

The quantity of medallions I would receive is very generous....a total of 13. BUT, the DQ I got was of the new variety. That means I have no idea which ZZ it will send me to during the 2nd and 3rd parts. ..........Trina is all I have left, so sending airships is done as sparingly as possible. 

As a result, I resorted to my pets.......I fed pets that gave a high percentage of Wooden and Iron, or a combined high percentage (Winter Cat gives Wooden chests 10% of the time; Iron chests 30% --- so I have a 40% chance of getting one from feeding him).

It took the feeding of 39 pets to get my 20 medallions, so I can safely ignore that unacceptable DQ. This is the first time that I've successfully secured all CC pet medallions from exclusively feeding pets.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Katijay (Katijay46)

Jul-13

My lower game got the DQ What's going on, but that had to airshipments so I played up to the 2nd request to send an airshipment, which got me a few medallions and I did the rest with pets so just glad it's done...my Upper game got Legendary Scroll which I should easily finish and feeding a few pets...

KatieAn56

Jul-15

I really lucked up on this one.  Opened a 10 part DQ and each part gave me 3 medallions so after doing 7 had my quota and finished this task in 30 minutes.  I was shocked. I had fed 3 pets and had only received 1 medallion before I opened the DQ. Good luck to all!!

• Edited July 18, 2020 11:39 pm  by  KatieAn56
LvlSlgr

Jul-15

I also had a 10-parter DQ. I had done 2 parts and had 6 medallions before going to bed Monday night. Tuesday morning I was able to complete another part so I had 9. Unfortunately I had errands to run which I couldn't put off and had to leave the house. When I got home later in the evening I was so tired I laid down for a bit and fell asleep. By the time I woke up I only had about 30 minutes left to the 24-hour period. So I started crafting the Simple Pet Food. I finally used up all of my medallions (a little of 100) and was able to start buying them. Crafting three more times and I was there. And I was able to make over 3000 extra coins while crafting the Simple Pet Food.