Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Game Lost !!   Technical Issues

Started Jul-15 by Marcia68; 3724 views.
THEdella

Aug-18

I recently posted a question about getting my game back when my computer bit the dust.  Some months back, someone had posted info about how to make a back-up copy of an MC game and I did it.  Then, my computer would no longer let me get online, but everything worked off-line.  So, when I bought my new computer, I downloaded MC, got a new ID# and notified Elephant Games to restore my old game to my new ID.  Then I thought about the backup I had made.  I copied those files onto a flash drive, put that flash drive into my new computer and copied them, lo, and behold, I had my old game back (it re-wrote my over my newest ID and all, including all my friends over the new ID#)  It was better than anything Elephant Games has ever done for me in restoring a game.  I urge everyone to please back up your game anytime you can, it is a live-saver as far as I'm concerned!  Elephant Games has been pretty good about getting my games back in the past, but never did I get my full inventory, friends, etc. as this back-up did.   I don't remember who posted this method I used, but I thank them from the bottom of my heart, well done!  If I can find the old post and whoever posted it, I will re-post that info to give them credit and a BIG HUG FOR A JOB WELL DONE.  You know who you are, and I thank you!  You saved my sanity!  Usually in the past, Elephant Games restored your progress in the games, but you didn't get your friends back, most of your inventory, etc.  But this method brought back EVERYTHING I had.  Even though I could not get online to play on my old computer, I did manage to find my way into my files, found what I needed, then copied it all to a flash drive, and viola!  So now I have it all on a flash drive for future use.  I will now be backing up my games on a daily or weekly basis!  In other words, even if your computer craps out, there may still be info you can salvage and save for your new computer as I did!

LvlSlgr

Aug-18

THEdella, it was probably Dhyani who helped you. She's helped lots of us. I'm copying her in this reply so that she knows.

THEdella

Aug-19

Thank you so much, and those that helped me.  I want everyone in this forum to know how to do this backup, it was such a big help, saved my sanity.  I wish it could be posted above everything else as a go-to for all problems.  Especially when we all lose our games, which will almost always happen at one time or another!  I was so grateful that I had remembered that I had printed out the instructions way back then about how to save a game.  And I think you're right that is was Dhyani (sp) that posted those instructions.  For some reason, I printed it out and pinned it to my cork-board, and I'm so glad that I did! After about 5 years of playing and losing so many games, I decided to try her method. and it worked! But only after I recently lost  my internet connection and could not access my games and bought a new computer and I could not access my old game and contacted BigFish Games to restore my old game., did I remember her post.  I tried it, it replaced everything, old ID, all friends, everything!  It did more than Elephant Games ever did.   If you have contact with her, please let her know how grateful I am.  Is there anyway y'all can post this info at the top of the forums for everyone to see?  This is by far the best info I have seen on any forum!  It took me awhile to figure out how to do it, but it was sooooo worth it!!!!  Don't get me wrong, Elephant Games does wonders, but her method preserves everything that we have, and Elephant Games cannot restore everything.  If I can help explain it to newbies, I will.  Thanks again for all the help this forum does for us!  This is the best info ever!  All newbies need to learn how to do this, will help when we/they think they've lost their game!

In reply toRe: msg 56
oiuoiu321

Aug-20

My turn!  My computer died. 

I've got my game back on my new computer now.  I'm off to post on a friends needed thread.

• Edited August 21, 2020 9:25 am  by  oiuoiu321
Marcia68

Sep-14

Thank You for all your help with restoring my Midnight Castle.