Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 90632 views.
~J (amsavs)

Sep-28

I have to say, I might try to find that book about RBG.  

I'm currently stuck waiting for #10 in the Psychic Eye series. I'm glad I'm reading them again. I've forgotten a lot. Since this time I'm reading via kindle, it suggested another series that's about a psychic. There are 6 so far and I burned through those when I was waiting for book #5 in the Psychic Eye series. The series it suggested is "A Lost Souls Lane Mystery" by Erin Huss.

I got to adding books to my goodreads challenge and I'm over 100. I swear it's felt like I've been reading less.

And my hold on the latest JD Robb book is in, so that's up next!

LvlSlgr

Sep-28

Wow! Over 100 books ... I'm impressed. I set my goal at 40 each year in Goodreads and usually go over but not enough to feel like increasing that goal. Right now I've read 35 so far this year. A lot of the books I end up reading are 500-600 pages or more and those take longer. LOL

Right now I'm reading Cemetery Girl by David Bell. I started it Friday and I'm already on page 361 of the 406 pages. I'll finish it later today. He currently has 10 books - all mystery/suspense. They're not a series; each one has different characters. This is the 4th book of his I've read and I've really enjoyed all of them. They will keep me up if I read them when i go to bed instead of making me sleepy. LOL

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-28

i've read over 100 books in many years. People ask me how I do it, the response is always the same, read short books! None of those 500-600 page tomes!

~J (amsavs)

Sep-28

Yea, I set mine at 75. The past 5 or so years I've read at least 100 each time. The worst combo for me was goodreads challenge + kindle unlimited. joy My friend keeps asking why I don't increase it. My reading is already ridiculous!

Yea, I started reading the JD Robb before bed... I stayed up too late... again.  Books are a big reason why my sleep got messed up these past few months.

I think I'll look up David Bell, too. I've been in a mystery/suspense mood lately. 

~J (amsavs)

Sep-28

Those couple of cozy mystery series I burned through were pretty short. I think most of them were under 200 pages. I think the average book for me is 300 pages. 

Once in awhile I see an article about how to read more books. They're usually good for a laugh.

In reply toRe: msg 516
CzoeMC

Sep-29

I just finished reading P.D. James "Cover Her Head", a crime/mystery novel, "The Book Thief", by Markus Zusak, (very poignant), "The Organ Grinders" by Bill Fitzhugh, a novel, but an attempt to explain modern attempts at using or growing organs for transplantation, "The Invisible Man", by H.G. Wells, and a compilation of Dorothy Parker's works. Didn't appreciate what she called "poetry", nor her reviews of media of the time, but her short stories are full of acerbic wit. Then, "Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore", by Robin Sloan, was quite the treasure.

LvlSlgr

Sep-29

I finished David Bell's Cemetery Girl last night. The hardest thing for me about finishing a book is picking the next one to read. LOL It wasn't so hard when I had books by my favorite authors waiting in the wings, but that's not the case anymore. So many of my favorite authors are writing much slower these days or they got bored with the series and moved on to something different. But I finally made a choice for my next book. It's one of those "you may hate yourself in the morning" choices -

East of Eden by John Steinbeck

It's 602 pages and besides being long I know it's going to be much slower reading than many of the novels I usually read. But I'm willing to give it a chance.

marbur220

Oct-2

TJ -  If you’re still looking for light-hearted mystery/detective series, try the Chet and Bernie Mystery Series by Spencer Quinn..easy reading or listening and guaranteed to make you smile...

Dog On It

Thereby Hangs a Tail

To Fetch a Thief

The Dog Who Knew Too Much

A Fistful of Collars

The Sound and the Furry

Paw and Order

Scents and Sensibility

Heart of Barkness

Of Mutts and Me

TJ (StarBlazes)

Oct-2

Thank you I will check that out if library carries it will definitely listen blush I also found another series I’ve been enjoying similar to the others it’s called Booktown mysteries by Lorna Barrett.

LvlSlgr

Oct-4

Just curious ... Has anyone here read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand? The book is over a thousand pages. On both Amazon and Goodreads I've seen some very good reviews and some very bad reviews. If you have read it, I would appreciate your opinions.

Now why on earth I'm looking/asking about that book, I really don't know. Because I've barely made a dint in East of Eden by John Steinbeck. LOL