Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 99715 views.
In reply toRe: msg 531
~J (amsavs)

Nov-7

The library finally delivered the latest Stephanie Plum book... Hopefully it will be a nice distraction from the stress and anxiety that popped up Friday.

LvlSlgr

Nov-7

~J (amsavs) said:

Hopefully it will be a nice distraction from the stress and anxiety that popped up Friday.

Stephanie Plum books are always a nice distraction from life! I love those books. Enjoy!

In reply toRe: msg 533
LvlSlgr

Nov-7

The last time I posted in here about the current book I was reading was Oct. 23 and I had just started Life of Pi. It was a little slow at first and kept thinking ... when is he going to end up on the lifeboat with the tiger. Well, once Pi did then it got a lot more interesting. After I finished reading the book i checked the recommendation for age of children reading it and called my son and told him his 12-year-old son Carson might like it. Carson's really into adventure and using his imagination.

I then read a novel What You Did by Claire McGowan which was one of my Amazon First Read picks for June 2019. After reading it, I noticed some gave it really bad reviews. But I liked it and it had an unexpected twist at the end.

Yesterday I started Hope: A Memoir of Survival of in Cleveland by Amanda Berry. It's the true story of the girls who kidnapped - separately - and kept captive by a Cleveland school bus driver Ariel Castro. The first girl, Amanda Berry, was kidnapped in 2003 one day before her 17th birthday and held captive over 10 years. She escaped in May 2013 when she fled the Cleveland home where she was being held captive and called 911, saying: “Help me, I’m Amanda Berry. . . . I’ve been kidnapped, and I’ve been missing for ten years.”

The book is written by both girls with help of course for two journalists. There was a third girl but she decided to write her own book.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Nov-8

Just finished Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame and marveled at his use of the language!

~J (amsavs)

Nov-10

I did like this one more than some of the recent ones. I'm not a huge fan of love triangle storylines but I tolerate this one. I've also never been a fan of Morelli. They're fast reads,  which is fun, but now the wait begins again. 

And my hold for the Notorious RBG came in,  so we'll see if I'm in the mood for it. I also have 3 other books waiting. 

You have me a bit curious about What You Did. Maybe I'll look for that one too. 

I had started a book that seems like I've read it before.  I checked goodreads but I didn't have it marked as read. So either it's similar to the other book I've read in the series or I forgot to add it whenever I read it.   

Speaking of... I don't think I've added books since early Oct.

KNIMtheTOAD

Nov-10

There are 2 more WITW, one by Grahame and another that was approved by the family after many  many years.  Also I have a crochet book based on the characters. Notice  my Avatars TOAD , Otter, MOUSE. Love the books.   Glad you enjoyed. 

KNIMtheTOAD

In reply toRe: msg 537
~J (amsavs)

Nov-14

Just finished books 3 & 4 in the Jezebel Files by Deborah Wilde. Book hangover time. I didn't realize the 4th was going to be the last one. I'm not ready for the series to be over. Definitely goes into my "re-read" and "buy" categories. 

In reply toRe: msg 538
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-30

One of my favourite authors, Ben Bova, just died of COVID-19 related pneumonia. I am absolutely gutted by this news.

I still have one more book of his in the Grand Tour of the Solar System to read. I am so sad there will be no more books and he is not with us anymore. He was a giant in the field of Science Fiction.

LvlSlgr

Nov-30

It's always hard to learn of the death of a favorite author. I know I went through that with Sue Grafton a few years ago. And many of my other favorites have retired.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-30

In the case of Ben Bova, he published his first book before I was even born, back in 1959. He seems to have always been there, and I can't remember a time I wasn't reading Ben Bova's books. They are just a part of my life. It's hard to think he is no longer with us.