Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 133876 views.
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

11/30/20

In the case of Ben Bova, he published his first book before I was even born, back in 1959. He seems to have always been there, and I can't remember a time I wasn't reading Ben Bova's books. They are just a part of my life. It's hard to think he is no longer with us.

KNIMtheTOAD

12/3/20

Losing an author is like losing your best friend. We are lucky to be able to go back and reread them. Some of my favorite books I've read over and over again. 

My daughter brought home five new audio books from library that say 2020 on them. Sadly I had read them all before in book form. We both learned that audio books are dated the year they are recorded. Not when they were written.

Just finished Great expatiations by Dickens. Again. Just as good as ever. On my night stand to be read is: The Nemesis Manifesto , Eric Van Lustbader  

Dead Land , Sara Paretsky       Riviera Gold, Laurie R. King  

Conjure Women, Afia Atakora   The Last Train to Key West, Chanel Cleeton

I know I know all very different writers but I read so much My daughter just goes to the new books and takes handful. 

When I was working I wished that all I had to do is get comfy with cats books Hot chocolate or lemonade and read the day  away. Guess what? I have my wish!  

I lift my cup to fellow readers.           KNIMtheTOAD  STAY SAFE ALL

LvlSlgr

12/3/20

I used to record and watch a lot - and I mean A LOT - of TV shows. One - NCIS - I've been watching for 18 years. Well, guess what. I don't want to watch TV unless maybe it's a comedy. So as my DVR has been automatically recording the new shows - now that they've started - I've been going in and not only deleting the shows but canceling the recording option. I know the pandemic has a little to do with it, but the nastiness of the of the campaign season this year is the main reason. I just want want peace and quiet in my life.

What does this mean???? MORE TIME TO READ!!!

katiek2

12/3/20

What a good idea!  Although I don't know that I would be happy without NCIS and NCIS New Orleans.  I used to read voraciously.  Wasn't happy unless I had a stack of books to read and now have 7 bookcases full of books.  But, for some reason, I haven't read ONE book for more than a year.  I will have to unhook my computer as well as stop recording.

Old Woman Playing Video Games Cartoon Vector Clipart - FriendlyStock

LvlSlgr

12/3/20

That's so true, katiek2. Especially because I usually try to multi-task and watch TV and play the computer games at the same time. Reading ... that is something that gets my undivided attention. Although I have learned that I don't have to need long periods. If I find 5 or 10 spare minutes ... grab the kindle and read. If I'm in the kitchen and waiting on something for 5 minutes ... read. I always take my kindle with me wherever I go, so if I have to wait a few minutes ... read. Then I'm not impatient and don't mind waiting. If I forgot my kindle, I have the Kindle app on my smartphone. I also find that using Goodreads.com and the yearly reading challenge helps but also tracking how much I read in a book each day on that site keeps me on track so that I don't let the computer interfere too much.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

12/4/20

Did you read Conjure Women? If you did, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I have been contemplating getting that one.

I love Ben Bova's Grand Tour books, and there are more than 20 of them now. So I am going to spend 2021 re-reading the entire Grand Tour of the Solar System.

katiek2

12/4/20

My daughter also mentioned Goodreads.com.  Think I'll try it out.  

rossiking

12/14/20

I'm reading Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (HPMOR) now. is a Harry Potter fan fiction by Eliezer Yudkowsky

KNIMtheTOAD

12/14/20

Weesam, Haven't read Conjure Women yet,  I have 3 books  ahead of it. Will put review here when I do. 

KNIMtheTOAD 

LvlSlgr

12/19/20

I just recently read "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald ... for the first time.  Just a few comments.

First, I'm 68 years old and i can't believe I hadn't read this classic before. Why not? I have no clue. I would have read it on Kindle except I was waiting for it to be at a reasonable price. I was thinking I was going to have to get it from the library instead, but finally found it.

I was amazed at how short it is. I was expecting it to be a 300-400 page novel. Not so.

As much as I'd heard about Jay Gatsby, Nick Carraway and Daisy Buchanan ... I had no idea how the book ended and was surprised. Or maybe I just wasn't paying attention to what was being said. I don't know, but it came as a shock.