Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 236702 views.
LvlSlgr

May-4

I managed to read 4 books in April.

2 fiction - The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene and Sorry I Missed You by Suzy Krause. The second one was my Amazon Prime First Read pick for May 2020.

2 nonfiction - Lucky Man: A Memoir by Michael J Fox and The Search for the Green River Killer by Tomás Guillén and Carlton Smith. The second one took me almost 2 weeks to finish. But it was good. It was originally published in 1991 before they had discovered who the killer was. This latest edition was published after the man was arrested and admitted to killing over 40 women in the area surrounding Seattle, WA back in the 80s. It wasn't until the science for DNA was better that they were able to determine who the killer was.

I'm off to a good start for May as I've already finished one - Broken by Karin Slaughter. It's her 4th book in the Will Trent series. I already have her books 5-10 of that series and can't wait to read them. I really like her character Wil Trent who is with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. He's not like other detectives. But I'll try to space them out a little.

Yesterday I started reading Honeysuckle Season by Mary Ellen Taylor. It's my Amazon Prime First Read pick for August 2020. I seem to have developed a pattern - one nonfiction book, one Amazon Prime First Read book and then a novel (usually mystery/suspense) preferably by an author I'm familiar with.

That's it for now.

Di (amina046)

May-4

You are doing great, I just read Truman’s  Murder at the CDC which seemed appropriate with our times LOL

LvlSlgr

May-4

Di (amina046) said:

I just read Truman’s  Murder at the CDC which seemed appropriate with our times LOL

I agree! Very appropriate. 

Di (amina046)

May-4

But the again her Murder at the Supreme Court might be even more justified! LOL

LvlSlgr

May-4

LOL ... Yeah! Who knows that might happen with what's going on there right now. 

In reply toRe: msg 651
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

May-25

I'm still on the Mercedes Lackey Valdemar series re-read. With 39 (40 next month) novels, and 15 anthologies to get through.

Currently I'm reading book 32 of 39. Hope to finish it tonight or tomorrow if I fall asleep. I've only read 3 of the 15 anthologies in the series though, so still a way to go before I completely finish.

In the meantime, I'm mixing it up by reading some graphic novels. I've finished the 9 novels of the Rivers of London series by Ben Aaronovitch, and recently purchased the box set of the graphic novels (9 of them as well). I've just finished the third of them. They are a much lighter read than the novels, but still a lot of fun. The most recent one pitted our magical cops against sentient, and seriously pissed off, black mould.

pclark200

May-26

I am reading the non-fiction book "The End of the Myth" about America's idea of the endless frontier and how it helped form economic policy (or excuse economic policy). Very interesting. 

PenWeb

May-26

Looking forward to Mercedes Lackey's next Valdemar book.  Planning on re-reading the series chronologically as soon a I finish re-reading Anne McCaffery's Pern series. Dragons must fly .......

Penny B.

LvlSlgr

Jun-2

I've been re-reading some of Pat Conroy's books that I read over 30 years ago. I just started "The Lords of Discipline" the other day.

In May I read 6 books - 5 fiction and only 1 non-fiction. The non-fiction was "We Were Soldiers Once ... and Young" and it's about a battle in the Vietnam War in 1965 that changed how we fought over there.

The fiction included 2 books that were Amazon Prime First Reads from 2020. I read the 4th book in the Will Trent (Georgia Bureau of Investigation agent) series by Karin Slaughter and also the 7th book in the Tracy Crosswhite (Seattle homicide detective) series by Robert Dugoni. The other one was the first in the trilogy about Kentucky by Fern Michaels. I'm not certain if I was impressed enough to read more of those.