Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technical Issues FAQ Links   Technical Issues

Started 9/2/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 18560 views.
GogaT

Aug-7

Would you be so kind as to tell me what to do:
I can't download the new update because my Game Manager doesn't have the Updates Tab but only the Queue with the number zero.
Someone recommended to uninstall the Game Manager and then reinstall it. I am afraid of losing my game on the level 106 and don't know how to save it and install into the new Game Manager.
Pretty please help me and thank you in advance!
GogaT

In reply toRe: msg 32

Let's try something else first................

Open your Game Manager, click on Options in the upper right corner, a new box should pop up. Click on the Downloads tab, under Game Updates click Manually and then Check for Updates, the update should appear. 

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Let's see if Tammy's plan works first.

GogaT

Aug-8

Thank you but unfortunately it didn't work. It's always the same when i am trying to download MC-update.
Look at my screenshots. 

Regards,

GogaT

Attachments
In reply toRe: msg 35

I'm sorry that didn't work...............

Here is where you'll find info on how to uninstall/reinstall the Game Manager.....

Technical – Big Fish Games Help (zendesk.com)

And here you'll find info about backing up your game..............

Back up of game (delphiforums.com)

Good luck!!

GogaT

Aug-8

Thank you so very much!

I'll do it later or tomorrow because I'm waiting for my guests

Take care and stay safe and healthy!

GogaT

In reply toRe: msg 37

You're welcome, happy to help!!

Update, this afternoon............

Another player posted this, sounds easier and may help.......................

12:44 PM

Hi, PC users and all, This is how i got the new update. I went to Big Fish game manager and unistalled my game Midnight Castle . You just hit on the icon Trash Can. it will unistall your game. Then you go to Big Fish website and look for the Midnight Castle App and click on install Midnight Castle. It will automatically install back your game that you're playing now and it will continue to install the new update as well.  This is the method i used because everytime i played there would be no new update in my que in the Big Fish game manager . It would say no update . So the unistall and reinstall worked for me. Hopefully this will help

In reply toRe: msg 38
Marcia68

Aug-21

I had to do this on the previous update too. I was just like GogaT scared i would lose my game but it worked. !! Also it worked for the this lastest update. Just hit the trash can next to midnight castle it will unistall your game. Go to Big Fish app and look for Midnight Castle App click on install game. Then got to your game manager and it should be automatically binstalling your game and the new update.

AEGram

Oct-9

GogaT said:

I can't download the new update because my Game Manager doesn't have the Updates Tab but only the Queue with the number zero.

My guess is that with all the problems this update has caused .....the total wiping of many, many, many player's games....the Devs have pulled the update from the download queue to keep others who had not installed it from downloading it.

You do not want this update!!!!!!!!

Continue to play your game without the update and you will be safe and keep your game......figure out a way to download it and you chance being put back to level 1 as you continue play into Level 108.

Secondly......"backups" of the game from YOUR computer will do no good in this particular case.....The problem resides on THEIR servers.....and that's where your game info (achievements, coins, shards, pets, pet food, etc. etc. etc) is housed. It is not on your computer, so your computer has nothing it can push to their servers to resolve this issue for those who had games moved back to Level 1.

You CAN make screen shots of literally every inventory page, every private room, every page in your albums, every achievement page.......and hope and pray that if you lose your game, the technician you get connected with will have the necessary information and the knowledge to actually put your game back close to where you were. 

LvlSlgr

Oct-9

AEGram said:

My guess is that with all the problems this update has caused .....the total wiping of many, many, many player's games....the Devs have pulled the update from the download queue to keep others who had not installed it from downloading it.

I don't recall who it was, but someone posted they saw they had the download in the Game Manager but didn't do anything with it. When they went back a few days later it was gone. So it sounds like the Devs wised up and pulled it.