Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Technical Issues FAQ Links   Technical Issues

Started 9/2/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 22495 views.
In reply toRe: msg 32
AEGram

Oct-9

GogaT said:

I can't download the new update because my Game Manager doesn't have the Updates Tab but only the Queue with the number zero.

My guess is that with all the problems this update has caused .....the total wiping of many, many, many player's games....the Devs have pulled the update from the download queue to keep others who had not installed it from downloading it.

You do not want this update!!!!!!!!

Continue to play your game without the update and you will be safe and keep your game......figure out a way to download it and you chance being put back to level 1 as you continue play into Level 108.

Secondly......"backups" of the game from YOUR computer will do no good in this particular case.....The problem resides on THEIR servers.....and that's where your game info (achievements, coins, shards, pets, pet food, etc. etc. etc) is housed. It is not on your computer, so your computer has nothing it can push to their servers to resolve this issue for those who had games moved back to Level 1.

You CAN make screen shots of literally every inventory page, every private room, every page in your albums, every achievement page.......and hope and pray that if you lose your game, the technician you get connected with will have the necessary information and the knowledge to actually put your game back close to where you were. 

LvlSlgr

Oct-9

AEGram said:

My guess is that with all the problems this update has caused .....the total wiping of many, many, many player's games....the Devs have pulled the update from the download queue to keep others who had not installed it from downloading it.

I don't recall who it was, but someone posted they saw they had the download in the Game Manager but didn't do anything with it. When they went back a few days later it was gone. So it sounds like the Devs wised up and pulled it.

I very much hope you & they are right.  [fingers crossed]  The update is still showing in the Game Manager for both of my games.

ETA:  Just checked my feeder game.  It didn't even load.  Immediately after the Big Fish splash screen, it displayed a message that the game was out of date and to please install the update.  Um ... No, I don't think so.

In reply toRe: msg 42
oiuoiu321

Oct-11

I also haven't updated since this glitch started, and also got a message this morning that my game is out of date and it closed automatically.

I'm hoping this means that they've put in a fix for those having the glitches.  But I'm not ready to update yet, I must say.

• Edited October 11, 2021 2:59 pm  by  oiuoiu321
frankie563

Oct-11

went to open game this morning and got an information notice stating the game is out of date and needs to update, maybe manually....game then froze and had to manually shut down.

LvlSlgr

Oct-11

I just checked and there isn't an update in the Game Manager. I also checked manually for it and there's nothing.

frankie563

Oct-11

I couldn't get into the game to play it today, think they shut it down to fix it, at least that's what I'm hoping.

So I got the update when it dropped but it appears I've dodged a large bullet here, I haven't had any terrible game-ruining issues. 

HOWEVER, grinding (or as people call it doing 'rounds') has gotten increasingly difficult as the game starts to frameskip/freeze after a while. Nothing crippling but it's a fair inconvenience. I've figured it's just because there's so much content that it's bogging down the game because it just, does not feel well optimized. 

katiek2

Oct-13

Moose, it would be a good idea NOT to play your game until the current glitch is fixed.  I lost my entire game.  I've played since 2015 and have never had any problems such as you have mentioned, EXCEPT after this last update, I noticed the skipping/stuttering as you described, kept playing and shortly thereafter lost my game.  Several others on this forum have described the same just before they lost their games.  The general consensus is don't play your current game or open a new one until after we've been notified the game has been fixed.  I opened a new game shortly thereafter, played through level 6 just to see if I had anything left.  It opened with my same ID at Level 1.  Kept my friends list, but nothing else.  No avatar, name showed as Player.  The same thing happened.  Lost that game also.

This is a BigFish server problem - it cannot be fixed by installing any backups you've made on your computer.

Best wishes,

katiek

• Edited October 13, 2021 8:05 pm  by  katiek2

Fair enough. I'll take extra precautions and make a list/screenshot of everything I have and how far I am just in case something happens! I'm not on the game very often anymore anyway.