Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Your save has been updated in a later version of the game. Download the latest   Technical Issues

Started Sep-11 by a1168892; 601 views.
a1168892

Sep-11

I saw some similar messages from 2019 but no solutions. I was playing and it suddenly went back to the startup screen and just looped through the fake status messages but didn't really do anything. After clearing cache, I get "Your save has been updated in a later version of the game.  Download the latest version to continue playing."

So now what do I do? There is no newer version.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-13

I had a similar problem a while back. I contacted Elephant games and there instructions to me where:

Please, follow these simple instructions:
- make sure MC and Big Fish Game Manager are not currently running (restart your PC or press Ctrl-Shift-Esc to close running programs with Windows Task Manager)
- find location C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Roaming\Elephant Games\Midnight Castle\content and delete all files, including  save.db

And then, start your game again

Best regards,
Elephant Games Team

Take a back up copy of the whole Midnight Castle file under Elephant Games before starting - just in case!

Then delete all the files in the content folder, and delete the save.db file. It is the save.db file that has become corrupted. Elephant Games assured me that doing this is not going to affect my game, and it didn't.

When you have done this, open the game again, and hopefully it is all fixed. It will download the game again once you open it, so be prepared for a wait. If it doesn't help, put your old contents and save.db back and contact Elephant Games for assistance.

Good luck.

a1168892

Sep-13

Thanks for this, Wee Sam! I'm on an Android tablet, but the info you provided will prepare me for when Big Fish Support gets back to me. I'll go ahead and back up what I can while I'm waiting for them. Cheers! 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-13

If you get no luck from BigFish (I didn't get anything useful from them), email Elephant Games directly. They were very helpful.  support@elephant-games.com

a1168892

Sep-13

Oh, a bureaucracy, eh? Thanks for this!