Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 150 - The Encyclopoedia   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2268543 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-14

Rosemary's Baby - 1968

I also saw this one at the drive-in. While Night of the Living Dead didn't scare me, this one did.

Rosemarys baby poster.jpg

Sock It To Me (Expression from the late 1960s until the early 1970s. Literally means "give it to me",  but generally had a underlying sexual connotation. Could also mean just give me your best.)

LvlSlgr

Jun-14

The Twilight Zone - 1959-1964

Thetwilightzone-logo.svg

The scariest one I ever saw was "Nightmare at 20,000 Feet" aired in 1963. Opening narration -

Portrait of a frightened man: Mr. Robert Wilson, thirty-seven, husband, father, and salesman on sick leave. Mr. Wilson has just been discharged from a sanitarium where he spent the last six months recovering from a nervous breakdown, the onset of which took place on an evening not dissimilar to this one, on an airliner very much like the one in which Mr. Wilson is about to be flown home—the difference being that, on that evening half a year ago, Mr. Wilson's flight was terminated by the onslaught of his mental breakdown. Tonight, he's traveling all the way to his appointed destination, which, contrary to Mr. Wilson's plan, happens to be in the darkest corner of the Twilight Zone.

Notice in the picture below Wilson was played by a then unknown William Shatner.

I think the reason it scared me was that my bedroom window looked out over the roof of the dinette in our house. I would have nightmares that there was something out there on the roof looking into my window.

• Edited June 14, 2020 7:11 pm  by  LvlSlgr

I could never get into that show...……………..

United Farm Workers of America (is a labor union for farmworkers in the United States. It originated from the merger of two workers' rights organizations, the Agricultural Workers Organizing Committee led by organizer Larry Itliong, and the National Farm Workers Association led by César Chávez and Dolores Huerta. They became allied and transformed from workers' rights organizations into a union as a result of a series of strikes in 1965, when the mostly Filipino farmworkers of the AWOC in Delano, California initiated a grape strike, and the NFWA went on strike in support. As a result of the commonality in goals and methods, the NFWA and the AWOC formed the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee on August 22, 1966. This organization was accepted into the AFL-CIO in 1972 and changed its name to the United Farm Workers Union)

World Wildlife Fund For Nature (is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1961 that works in the field of wilderness preservation and the reduction of human impact on the environment. It was formerly named the World Wildlife Fund, which remains its official name in Canada and the United States)

LvlSlgr

Jun-14

Xavier Cugat weds Charo - Bandleader Xavier Cugat discovered Charo as a young performer. They were later wed on August 7, 1966. When they married, Cugat was 66 and Charo was 20. Cugat had been married four times prior to this.

You've Come A Long Way, Baby (If you were alive and in America in 1968, you might remember the phrase "You've Come A Long Way, Baby." It was an advertising slogan for a brand of cigarettes, known as Virginia Slims)

Boy, looking at the old ads they sure did target women...…………...

LvlSlgr

Jun-14

ZIP Code - is a postal code used by the United States Postal Service (USPS). Introduced in 1963, the basic format consisted of five digits. In 1983, an extended ZIP+4 code was introduced; it included the five digits of the ZIP Code, followed by a hyphen and four digits that designated a more specific location. The term ZIP is an acronym for Zone Improvement Plan; it was chosen to suggest that the mail travels more efficiently and quickly (zipping along) when senders use the code in the postal address. The term ZIP Code was originally registered as a servicemark by the USPS, but its registration expired in 1997.

Round 6...…………….

The Addams Family (is an American horror/black comedy sitcom based on the characters from Charles Addams' New Yorker cartoons. The 30-minute television series was created by David Levy and Donald Saltzman and shot in black-and-white, airing for two seasons on ABC from September 18, 1964, to April 8, 1966, for a total of 64 episodes. The show is also notable for its opening theme, which was composed and sung by Vic Mizzy.)