Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 153 - Name that Tune   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 2440334 views.

Ok, a quick one before I go..............................

Green Screen (is a visual effects (VFX) technique where two images or video streams are layered—i.e. composited—together. Think about behind-the-scenes clips or bloopers reels from Hollywood movies. It’s hard to miss the sheer amount of green you see on set. Green screen basically lets you drop in whatever background images you want behind the actors and/or foreground)

Check out the people in the dinosaur suits............................

Gotta go.....................................

LvlSlgr

Oct-24

You must have been sitting there waiting for someone to post something for "F". I was taking my time because I thought you were "off to work" ... LOL

The hook - is the nucleus of both a film and its screenplay. It is what grabs the viewer's attention, preferably in the first 5–10 minutes, as a reader might expect to find a literary hook in the first chapter of a novel. During the pitch process, a screenwriter will use a hook to prove the "bankable" quality of their screenplay. Knowing the importance of a good hook, many screenwriters write their hooks first.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-24

The Invisible Man is a 1933 American pre-Code science fiction horror film directed by James Whale. Based on H. G. Wells' 1897 science fiction novel The Invisible Man and produced by Universal Pictures, the film stars Claude Rains, in his first American screen appearance, and Gloria Stuart. The film was written by R.C. Sherriff, along with Philip Wylie and Preston Sturges, though the latter duo's work was considered unsatisfactory and they were taken off the project. As an adaptation of a book, the film has been described as a "nearly perfect translation of the spirit of the tale" upon which it is based. The first film in Universal's Invisible Man film series, it spawned a number of sequels and spin-offs which used ideas of an "invisible man" that were largely unrelated to Wells' original story.

Rains portrayed the Invisible Man (Dr. Jack Griffin) mostly only as a disembodied voice. Rains is only shown clearly for a brief time at the end of the film, spending most of his on-screen time covered by bandages. In 2008, The Invisible Man was selected for the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant."

The Invisible Man (1933 poster - Style B).jpg

LvlSlgr

Oct-24

Jib - In cinematography, a jib is any boom device used to mount a camera on one end, and a counterweight with camera controls on the other. In principal it operates like a see-saw, with the balance point located closer to the counterweight, which allows the end of the arm with the camera to move through an extended arc. Typically a jib permits the camera to be moved vertically, horizontally, or a combination of the two. A small jib can be mounted on a tripod, but many larger, purpose-built jibs have their own support stands, often on wheels. A jib can be used for getting high or low shots which are difficult for a hand-held camera operator to get, or shots which need to move a short distance horizontally or vertically, without the expense and safety issues of putting a camera operator on a crane for a crane shot or laying track for a camera dolly.

• Edited October 24, 2020 4:28 pm  by  LvlSlgr

Keanu Reeves (is a Canadian actor. Born in Beirut, he grew up in Toronto. He began acting in theatre productions and in television films before making his feature film debut in Youngblood (1986). Reeves had his breakthrough role in the science fiction comedy Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989), and he later reprised his role in its sequels. He gained praise for playing a hustler in the independent drama My Own Private Idaho (1991), and established himself as an action hero with leading roles in Point Break (1991) and Speed (1994))

Calling it a night......................................

LvlSlgr

Oct-25

Lionsgate Films - is an American film production and film distribution studio, headquartered in Santa Monica and founded in Canada, and is the flagship division of Lionsgate Entertainment. It is the largest and most successful mini-major film studio in North America. It focuses on foreign and independent films and has distributed various commercially successful film series, including The Hunger Games, Rambo, Divergent, The Punisher (prior to Marvel Studios acquiring its rights back in 2013), John Wick, Saw, Madea, Blair Witch, Now You See Me, Hostel, The Expendables, Sinister, The Twilight Saga and Step Up (both partially, via the firm's 2012 acquisition of two series' distributor Summit Entertainment. The latter was distributed by Disney's Touchstone Pictures since its first film).

HungerGamesPoster.jpg

• Edited October 25, 2020 1:02 pm  by  LvlSlgr
PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-25

Marilyn Monroe was an American actress, model, and singer. Famous for playing comedic "blonde bombshell" characters, she became one of the most popular ...Died: August 4, 1962 (aged 36);

Death in Hollywood: Was Marilyn Monroe murdered? – Film Daily

Nostalgia Film (A film that wistfully looks back at an earlier past time, often depicting it as more innocent and uncomplicated than it actually was, historically; nostalgia films usually look back on the protagonist's or narrator's childhood. Examples: How Green Was My Valley (1941), Amarcord (1973), American Graffiti (1973), A Christmas Story (1983), Radio Days (1987), Cinema Paradiso (1988, It./Fr.), Avalon (1990), Crooklyn (1994), The Inkwell (1994))

PTG (anotherPTG)

Oct-25

The Osaka Asian Film Festival is an annual film festival held in Osaka City, Osaka Prefecture, Japan in March. The festival began in 2005 and currently introduces Asian films

15th Osaka Asian Film Festival – Call for Entry 2020

Osaka Asian Film Festival - Wikipedia

OSAKA ASIAN FILM FESTIVAL 2020 | tokyofilmgoer.com

Purple Rain (is a 1984 American rock musical drama film directed by Albert Magnoli, written by Magnoli and William Blinn, and produced by Robert Cavallo, Joseph Ruffalo and Steven Fargnoli. The film stars Prince in his acting debut playing The Kid, a character based in part on Prince himself. Purple Rain was developed to showcase Prince's talents, and the film contains several concert sequences. Principal photography took place almost entirely in Minneapolis)

Prince - Purple Rain (Official Video)

Timestamps: 0:00 - Intro 1:10 - Verse 1 1:49 - Pre Chorus 1:56 - Chorus 2:30 - Verse 2 2:59 - Pre Chorus 3:05 - Chorus 3:39 - Verse 3 4:05 Pre Chorus 4:13 Ch...

I think I may have mentioned this before, a girl I went to school with was an "extra" in the bar crowd scenes, there is one point in the movie where I can actually see her face.....................