Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 157 Reading Rainbow   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3055480 views.
LvlSlgr

Apr-8

Loosen Up Lighten Up Day is a special day celebrated on celebrated on November 14 of every year. Loosen Up Lighten Up Day is a day to remind us, we just have to let go and enjoy the confusion which the life brings us with a smile.

See the source image

• Edited April 8, 2021 5:41 pm  by  LvlSlgr

Mummers Parade (Jan 1) - The Mummers Parade is held each New Year's Day in Philadelphia. Local clubs compete in one of five categories. They prepare elaborate costumes, performance routines, and movable scenery, which take months to complete. This is done in clubhouses – many of which are on or near 2nd Street in the Pennsport neighborhood of the city's South Philadelphia section – which also serve as social gathering places for members.

From 1928, the old parade route.................

From 1946..................

LvlSlgr

Apr-9

No Housework Day (Apr 7th) - Put down the laundry and toss out the to-do list. For this one day, we can give ourselves a break and do what we want around the house. Maintaining a clean and liveable home can sometimes feel like a never-ending chore. As soon as you have finished the washing and the cleaning, it all needs doing again, and again, and again. Well, that’s why National No Housework Day is here, to allow yourself a break, meaning that  for one day at least, you don’t need to worry about the housework.

Everyday is "No Housework Day" for me. That's what I love about living alone.

See the source image

• Edited April 9, 2021 12:08 am  by  LvlSlgr
LvlSlgr said:

Everyday is "No Housework Day" for me. That's what I love about living alone.

I'll second that one.................love the Maxine cartoons!! So instead of not doing housework we'll have....................

Open That Bottle Night (last Sat in Feb) - Open That Bottle Night is dedicated to making sure that those bottles of fine wine put away for a special occasion, are used and enjoyed. Created in 2000 by ‘Tastings’ columnists Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher, ‘Open That Bottle Night’ is an annual occasion that aims to motivate people to reconnect with each other over a bottle, and create good memories with friends and family.

This "holiday" was even a question on Jeopardy.............

What is fine wine Alex (RIP)...................

Calling it a night...............

PTG (anotherPTG)

Apr-9

Pilgrim Fathers Day - November 21st

Pilgrim fathers: harsh truths amid the Mayflower myths of nationhood |  Colonialism | The Guardian

Who Were The Pilgrim Fathers & Why Did They Leave England? - HistoryExtra

kthreads

Apr-9

I've been told Quirky Country Music Song Title Day doesn't count as it was used in a previous round. I didn't know I was to go back to start of the thread. Took a while but I found it. The recurring annual Queen's Day has already been used, as are the other Q days I was able to locate.... I did find a single day marking a commemorative occasion.

Queen's Diamond Jubilee ~ Feb 6 2012.

February 6, 2012 marked the 60th anniversary of the accession of Queen Elizabeth II on 6 February 1952. The only Diamond Jubilee celebration for any of Elizabeth's predecessors was in 1897, for the 60th anniversary of the 1837 accession of Queen Victoria.

At the 2011 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Perth, Australia, British Prime Minister
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited April 9, 2021 10:46 pm  by  kthreads

That works..................

Repeat Day (June 3), Repeat Day (June 3) - Repeat everything you do on June 3. Possibly created by someone who loved doing the same thing over and over again, Repeat Day is an unofficial holiday that encourages people to re-do or re-state things multiple times. It is unclear why someone invented a holiday that would make celebrators sound like a broken record.

LvlSlgr

Apr-9

Sadie Hawkins Day (Nov. 13) - is an American folk event and pseudo-holiday originated by Al Capp's classic hillbilly comic strip Li'l Abner (1934–1978). This inspired real-world Sadie Hawkins events, the premise of which is that women ask men for a date or dancing. 

See the source image

Talk Like a Pirate Day (Sept 19) - Talk Like a Pirate Day is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur and Mark Summers, of Albany, Oregon, U.S., who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate. An observer of this holiday would greet friends not with "Hello, everyone!" but with "Ahoy, maties!" or "Ahoy, me hearties!" The holiday, and its observance, springs from a romanticized view of the Golden Age of Piracy.

My favorite pirate...............

See the source image

See the source image

PTG (anotherPTG)

Apr-10

Ukulele Day Ukulele Day takes place on February 2, when ukulele players from around the country will strum their favorite tunes to celebrate.

WORLD PLAY YOUR UKULELE DAY - February 2 - National Day Calendar

4 fun facts for World Play Your Ukulele Day! | Explore | Awesome Activities  & Fun Facts | CBC Kids