Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 160 The Summer Olympics   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3397338 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-13

Pokémon, also known as Pocket Monsters in Japan, is a Japanese media franchise managed by The Pokémon Company, a company founded by Nintendo, Game Freak, and Creatures. The franchise was created by Satoshi Tajiri in 1995, and is centered on fictional creatures called "Pokémon". In Pokémon, humans, known as Pokémon Trainers, catch and train Pokémon to battle other Pokémon for sport. Games, shows and other works within the franchise are set in the Pokémon universe. The English slogan for the franchise is "Gotta Catch ‘Em All!". There are about 898 Pokémon species.

International Pokémon logo.svg

Queen Elizabeth declares 1992 "Annus Horribilis" (The expression was brought to modern prominence by Queen Elizabeth II. In a speech at Guildhall on 24 November 1992, marking her Ruby Jubilee on the throne, she said:  1992 is not a year on which I shall look back with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it has turned out to be an annus horribilis (horrible year))

Day of the speech........

The unpleasant events which happened to the royal family in this year include:

Separation of the Queen's second son, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, from his wife, Sarah, Duchess of York (19 March)
Divorce of the Queen's daughter, Anne, Princess Royal, from Captain Mark Phillips (23 April)
Publication of Diana, Princess of Wales's tell-all book Diana: Her True Story, revealing the problems in her marriage to the Queen's eldest son, Charles, Prince of Wales, particularly his affair with Camilla Parker Bowles (Sunday Times, 7 June)
Publication of photographs of the Duchess of York sunbathing topless with her friend, John Bryan (20 August)
Publication of intimate conversations between Diana, the Princess of Wales, and James Gilbey from a tape recording of their phone calls (24 August)
Fire in Windsor Castle, one of the Queen's official residences (20 November)

After her speech, one more event transpired that became notable: the separation of her son Prince Charles from his wife Diana (9 December).

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-13

The Rwandan genocide – between 6 April 1994 until mid-July 1994 a mass killing of hundreds of thousands of Rwanda's Tutsis and Hutu political moderates occurred by the Hutu dominated government under the Hutu Power ideology

Spice Girls (are a British pop girl group formed in 1994. The group comprises Melanie Brown, also known as Mel B ("Scary Spice"), Melanie Chisholm, or Mel C ("Sporty Spice"), Emma Bunton ("Baby Spice"), Geri Halliwell ("Ginger Spice"), and Victoria Beckham ("Posh Spice"). In 1996, Top of the Pops magazine gave each member of the group aliases, which were adopted by the group and media. With their "girl power" mantra, the Spice Girls redefined the girl group concept by targeting a young female fanbase  instead of a male audience. The led the teen pop resurgence of the 1990s and became pop culture icons of the decade)

Taking a break...........................

LvlSlgr

Jun-13

Tickle Me Elmo -  is a popular toy from the children’s TV show Sesame Street. The toy would giggle when you tickled its belly and then say Elmo‘s catchphrase “Oh boy, that tickles”. Tickle Me Elmo was one of the most popular holiday season toys during the 90s. The toy was first produced in the United States in 1996 and slowly became a fad, reaching its apex during the 1996 Christmas shopping season, with some instances of violence reported over the limited available supply. People reported that the toy, which retailed for $28.99 according to its MSRP, was being re-sold by scalpers in newspapers and on the Internet for up to $1,500 by the end of 1996.

• Edited June 13, 2021 3:08 pm  by  LvlSlgr
PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-13

FBI arrested Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber, on April 3, 1996.

I actually have a Tickle Me Elmo in my spare room, I also have the chicken dance one (still in the box)...........................

Vargas Tragedy (was a natural disaster that occurred in Vargas State, Venezuela on 14–16 December 1999, when torrential rains caused flash floods and debris flows that killed tens of thousands of people, destroyed thousands of homes, and led to the complete collapse of the state's infrastructure. According to relief workers, the neighborhood of Los Corales was buried under 3 metres (9.8 ft) of mud and a high percentage of homes were simply swept into the ocean)

LvlSlgr

Jun-13

Wings (1990-1997) - Brothers Brian and Joe Hackett attempt to run an airline, Sandpiper Air, on the New England island of Nantucket while surrounded by their various wacky friends and employees. Tim Daly and Steven Weber starred as brothers and pilots, Joe and Brian Hackett. Crystal Bernard played Helen, their friend since childhood and later Joe's love interest and wife, who ran the lunch counter at the airport but dreamed of becoming a concert cellist. David Schramm played Roy Biggins, who ran a competitive airline called Aeromass. Rebecca Schull played Fay, Joe and Brian's employee at Sandpiper Air. Thomas Haden Church portrayed the mechanic Lowell in the first six seasons, Tony Shalhoub was taxi driver Antonio from season 3 onwards, and Farrah Forke was Brians's love interest, Alex, during seasons 4 and 5. 

• Edited June 13, 2021 8:13 pm  by  LvlSlgr

I loved that show.......................

Xena: Warrior Princess (is an American fantasy television series filmed on location in New Zealand. The series aired in first-run syndication from September 4, 1995 to June 18, 2001. Critics have praised the series for its strong female protagonist, and it has acquired a strong cult following, attention in fandom, parody, and academia, and has influenced the direction of other television series)

LvlSlgr

Jun-13

The 1996 Yosemite Valley landslide occurred on July 10, 1996, near the Happy Isles trailhead in Yosemite Valley, Yosemite National Park, Mariposa County, California. 162,000 tons of rocks and other debris fell to the ground at over 160 miles per hour. Of the 12 campers/hikers involved in the incident, one was killed. The landslide competes with the 1997 Merced River flood and the 2013 Rim wildfire for the designation of the worst natural disaster in Yosemite to date.

I don't know if this is from the 1996 landslide but it gives you some idea the power involved.

YOSEMITE SLIDE CAUGHT ON CAMERA: A second landslide in Yosemite National Park has been captured on

A second landslide in Yosemite National Park has been captured on video