Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 161 Fashion & Accessories   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 3595789 views.
PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-30

Xevious: Fardraut Saga is a 1988 vertical-scrolling shooter video game published by Namco for the MSX2 in Japan. An updated PC Engine version was released two years later in 1990.

Xevious: Fardraut Saga - Wikipedia

LvlSlgr

Jun-30

"You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson premiered at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on September 2, 1995. This was the first-ever single in US history to enter the Billboard Hot 100 at #1. It's far from Jackson's most popular song, but there was so much anticipation and promotion for the single that it jumped right to the top spot. It was only in the top spot for one week.

You Are Not Alone.jpg

• Edited June 30, 2021 2:19 pm  by  LvlSlgr

Zero Effect (is a 1998 American mystery comedy film written and directed by Jake Kasdan. Starring Bill Pullman as "the world's most private detective", Daryl Zero, and Ben Stiller as his assistant Steve Arlo, the film's plot is loosely based on the Arthur Conan Doyle short story "A Scandal in Bohemia". Shot in Portland, Oregon and scored by The Greyboy Allstars, the film was screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 1998 Cannes Film Festival)

LvlSlgr

Jun-30

Round 8 ...

Aurora, Colorado, Chuck E. Cheese shooting on December 14, 1993. The perpetrator, 19-year-old Nathan Dunlap, a former employee of the restaurant, was frustrated about being fired five months prior to the shooting and sought revenge by committing the attack. He fled the scene of the shooting with stolen money and restaurant items. Dunlap was found guilty of four counts of first-degree murder, attempted murder, and other charges, and was sentenced to death by lethal injection on May 17, 1996. A judge initially set an execution date for him in August 2013, but Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper signed a temporary reprieve that would postpone Dunlap's execution date. Dunlap's death sentence was commuted to life in prison without parole in 2020 after Colorado abolished the death penalty.

See the source image

Blizzard of 1996 (was a severe nor'easter that paralyzed the United States East Coast with up to 4 feet of wind-driven snow from January 6 to January 8, 1996. This storm was a classic example of a nor'easter, but the storm would not have been as historically significant without the presence of the arctic high pressure system located to the north of New York. It was followed by another storm, an Alberta Clipper, on January 12, then unusually warm weather and torrential rain which caused rapid melting and river flooding. Along with the March Superstorm of 1993 and the January 2016 United States blizzard, it is one of only three snowstorms to receive the top rating of 5, or "Extreme", on the Northeast Snowfall Impact Scale)

LvlSlgr

Jun-30

I remember that ... That was my first winter in Richmond, VA and winters were supposed to be milder than the Louisville area. We had a foot of snow reported at the airport which is east of the city but more than that where I lived west of the city. I called my dad (they were in FL for the winter) and told him about it and said, "Dad, it just follows me wherever I go." This was because in '94 we had a blizzard in Louisville and then in '95 when I was in Springfield, MO for work they had something like 14 inches. My dad calmly responded to me, "Karen, whatever you do, don't move to Florida. You'll kill the citrus crop." LOL

LvlSlgr

Jul-1

Chicago Hope premiered on CBS on September 18, 1994. It was an American medical drama television series, created by David E. Kelley. It originally aired on CBS from September 18, 1994, to May 4, 2000. The series is set in a fictional private charitable hospital in Chicago, Illinois. It starred Mandy Patinkin as Dr. Jeffrey Geiger, a hotshot surgeon; Adam Arkin as  Dr. Aaron Shutt, a world-renowned neurosurgeon; Thomas Gibson as Dr. Daniel Nyland, a promiscuous ER doctor and trauma surgeon; Rocky Carroll as Dr. Keith Wilkes an E.R. doctor; Peter Berg as Dr. Billy Kronk known for his cowboyish demeanor. Peter MacNicol, Alan Rosenberg, and Héctor Elizondo feature as the hospital's in-house attorneys and chief of staff, respectively.

Comment: This show and ER on NBC premiered the same year and for a while were both on the same night, same time. This was before I had a VCR so I chose to watch Chicago Hope.

Oh ... Mark Harmon joined the cast in season 3. So all the more reason to watch this. LOL

Deep Blue vs Kasparov (was a pair of six-game chess matches between the world chess champion Garry Kasparov and an IBM supercomputer called Deep Blue. The first match was played in Philadelphia in 1996 and won by Kasparov. The second was played in New York City in 1997 and won by Deep Blue. The 1997 match was the first defeat of a reigning world chess champion by a computer under tournament conditions)

LvlSlgr

Jul-1

Enemy of the State is a 1998 American action thriller film. The film features an ensemble cast and stars Will Smith and Gene Hackman, with Jon Voight, Lisa Bonet, Gabriel Byrne, Dan Butler, Loren Dean, Jake Busey, Barry Pepper and Regina King in supporting roles. The film tells the story of a group of National Security Agency (NSA) agents conspiring to kill a congressman and the cover-up that ensues after a tape of the murder ends up in the possession of an unsuspecting lawyer. The film was released on November 1998 in the U.S. and worldwide. Enemy of the State garnered positive reviews from film critics and audiences, with many praising the writing and direction as well as the chemistry between Smith and Hackman. Given the events of 9/11, the Patriot Act and Edward Snowden's revelations about the NSA's PRISM surveillance program, the film has become noteworthy for being ahead of its time regarding issues of national security and privacy.

• Edited July 1, 2021 12:41 am  by  LvlSlgr

"Flu Game" (The 1997 NBA finals was tied 2-2 going into Game 5 on June 11, 1997. Game 5, known by its misnomer as "The Flu Game", was one of Michael Jordan's most memorable games. At 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning, Jordan called his personal trainer to his hotel room, where he was lying in the fetal position and sweating profusely. He hardly had the strength to sit up in bed and was diagnosed with a stomach virus or food poisoning, likely caused by a pizza ordered the night before. Jordan eventually claimed it was food poisoning in the 2020 docuseries The Last Dance. The Bulls' athletic trainers told Jordan that there was no way he could play the next day. The Jazz were a perfect 10–0 at home in the postseason up until that point, and a third consecutive win would give them the series lead. The Bulls needed their leader for this critical game, and despite his sickness, Jordan got out of bed at 5:50 p.m. on Wednesday, just in time for the 7 o'clock tip-off at the Delta Center. Jordan was weak as he stepped on the court for Game 5. At first, he displayed little energy, and John Stockton, along with reigning MVP Karl Malone, led the Jazz to a 16-point lead (36–20) in the second quarter. But Jordan slowly began to make shots despite lacking his usual speed. He scored 17 points in the quarter as the Bulls ended the half with a large run cutting the Jazz lead to four (53–49). While Jordan was fatigued in the third and sitting on the bench, Utah was able to reclaim the lead and stretched it to 8 points (77–69). Jordan shot well again in the fourth quarter, scoring 15 points. With 46.4 seconds left and Chicago down 85–84, he was fouled and went to the free throw line. He made the first to tie the game, but missed the second. Toni Kukoc got the offensive rebound to Jordan, who dribbled back to allow the offense to set up. He passed the ball to Pippen, who was quickly double-teamed. Pippen then passed the ball back to a now-unguarded Jordan, who made a 3-point shot to give the Bulls an 88–85 lead with 25 seconds remaining in the game. A Greg Ostertag dunk brought the Jazz back within one point, but Luc Longley answered with a dunk of his own, and Chicago held on for a victory when John Stockton missed the first of two free throws in front of the stunned crowd. With only a few seconds remaining and the game's result safely in Chicago's favor, Jordan collapsed into Scottie Pippen's arms, creating an iconic image that has come to symbolize The Flu Game)

Michael Jordan "The Flu Game" Highlights 1997 Finals G5 vs Jazz - 38pts! (HD 720p 60fps)

Which game do you want me to do next? Feel free to ask me in the comment session.Like, Comment, Share and Subscribe for more!!!-----Boxscore: http://www.bask...

Calling it a night.........................................