Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

  • 3388
    MEMBERS
  • 153265
    MESSAGES
  • 53
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Alpha Game 167 Funny Bone   Fun and Games

Started 5/11/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 4428307 views.

Isla del las Muñecas in Mexico (Spanish for Island of the Dolls, it is located in the channels of Xochimilco, south of the center of Mexico City, very close to the Estadio Azteca football stadium, is a chinampa of the Laguna de Teshuilo and one of the main attractions of the channels. Dolls of various styles and colors are found throughout the island, originally placed by the former owner of the island, Julián Santana Barrera. He believed that dolls helped to chase away the spirit of a girl who drowned years ago. He died in 2001 of a heart attack. Sources say he was close to the same spot where the girl drowned. In 1987, an eco-tourist rescue was made and the island was found covered with water lily. After the death of Santana, the chinampa became a tourist attraction. The place began gaining fame in 1943, when Mexican filmmaker Emilio Fernández filmed María Candelaria there. with.  A significant number of international and local channels have featured articles on the island, including The Huffington Post, Travel Channel and ABC News. The dolls are still on the island, which is accessible by boat. The island was featured on the Travel Channel show Ghost Adventures and the Amazon Prime show Lore. It was also featured in BuzzFeed Unsolved. Shane Madej, a firm skeptic of the paranormal, has asserted that he believes in the legends about the island.[9] The Island was also used for the episode "Estas son Las Mañanitas" ( Season One Episode 10 ) of the Spanish TV comedy Nosotros los guapos for Televisa, where the main characters Vítor and Albertano are left behind on the island by a irritated Doña Cuca and as night falls they are rescued by the local emergency crews and end up on the news)

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

'Island of Dolls' Thousands of Dolls Hang From Trees Began As Memorial To Drowned Girl In Mexico

Hundreds of photographers and thrill-seekers travel to the haunted Island of the Dolls every year, but it was never meant to be a tourist attraction.They wer...

Calling it a night..................................

PTG (anotherPTG)

From: PTG (anotherPTG)

May-1

Jermyn Street is a one-way street in the St James's area of the City of Westminster in London, England. It is to the south of, parallel, and adjacent to Piccadilly. Jermyn Street is known as a street for gentlemen's-clothing retailers

In around 1664, the street was created by and named after Henry Jermyn, 1st Earl of St Albans, as part of his development of the St James's area of central London.  It was first recorded as "Jarman Streete" in the 1667 rate books of St Martin's, which listed 56 properties on it. In 1675, there were 108 names listed

Many tailors owned or still own the houses along the street and often let rooms to people. No. 22, Jermyn Street, for instance was once owned by Italian silk merchant Cesare Salvucci and a military tailor who rented rooms out to people such as the banker Theodore Rothschild.

The Duke of Marlborough lived there when he was Colonel Churchill, as did Isaac Newton (at No. 88, from 1696 to 1700; he then moved next door to No. 87, from 1700 to 1709, during which time he worked as Warden of the Mint), the mid-18th century highwayman and apothecary William Plunkett, the Duchess of Richmond, the Countess of Northumberland and the artist John Keyse Sherwin (in whose rooms in 1782 the actress Sarah Siddons sat for him for her portrait as "Euphrasia).

The Gun Tavern was one of the great resorts for foreigners of revolutionary tastes during the end of the 18th century, whilst Grenier's Hotel was patronised by French refugees. At the Brunswick Hotel, Louis Napoleon took up his residence under the assumed name of Count D'Arenberg on his escape from captivity in the fortress of Ham.

Diamond Jubilee- 3rd June 2012 (7541400768).jpg

Kalachi in Kazakhstan (Since 2013, the residents of Kalachi, a village in Kazakhstan, fall asleep in unexplained bouts of sleep. The sleep sometimes lasts for weeks at a time. The strange sleeping sickness affects both young and old, with school children falling asleep in mid-class. The most intriguing factor of this phenomenon is that the person could fall asleep anytime. Whether the person is riding a bike, walking, performing some chore, or just sitting around, this sleeping sickness can strike at any time. Surprisingly, when the person wakes up, he can remember absolutely nothing. Even pets are not immune to this strange occurrence. Multiple reports of pets behaving erratically and then falling asleep surfaced after 2013. When scientists began researching this, they thought radiation from nearby uranium mines (now closed) might be affecting the people. But tests showed nothing like that was occurring. Even sleep-disorder experts were baffled. After numerous tests, the mystery was solved, and it was found that the cause indeed lies in the uranium mine, but it wasn’t radiation. Actually, the sleeping sickness is being caused by a high level of carbon monoxide escaping from the ground above the mines. It depletes the level of oxygen in air causing this surprising sleeping sickness. In 2015, half the population of Kalachi abandoned the village in fear. The other half still stays there, refusing to relocate, the sleeping plague be damned!)

See the source image

See the source image

The Strange Sleeping Sickness Plaguing This Village in Kazakhstan, Explained

In 2013, the town of Kalachi in Kazakhstan was struck by mysterious sleeping sickness. The residents would fall asleep, suddenly and involuntarily, in masses...

Calling it a night..........................

PTG (anotherPTG)

From: PTG (anotherPTG)

May-2

Loch Ness is a large freshwater loch in the Scottish Highlands extending for approximately 37 kilometres (23 miles) southwest of Inverness. It takes its name from the River Ness, which flows from the northern end. Loch Ness is best known for alleged sightings of the cryptozoological Loch Ness Monster, also known affectionately as "Nessie" . It is one of a series of interconnected, murky bodies of water in Scotland; its water visibility is exceptionally low due to a high peat content in the surrounding soil. The southern end connects to Loch Oich by the River Oich and a section of the Caledonian Canal. The northern end connects to Loch Dochfour via the River Ness, which then ultimately leads to the North Sea via the Moray Firth.

Loch Ness is the second-largest Scottish loch by surface area after Loch Lomond at 56 km2 (22 sq mi), but due to its great depth it is the largest by volume in the British Isles. Its deepest point is 230 metres (126 fathoms; 755 feet), making it the second deepest loch in Scotland after Loch Morar. It contains more water than all the lakes in England and Wales combined,

Loch Ness monster "compelling" new sighting emerges - then submerges -  Gloucestershire Live

RNLI warning over 'Storm Loch Ness' monster hunt - BBC News

Mysteries of Loch Ness

Marvel Cave in Missouri (is a National Natural Landmark located just west of Branson, Missouri, on top of Roark Mountain in Stone County. The cave was known by the Osage Indians in the early 16th century, after a tribe member fell through the cave's main entrance, a sinkhole. There is evidence that in 1541 the Spanish explored the cave, but the first recorded expedition was in 1869, led by Henry T. Blow. The unofficial Stone County chapter of Bald Knobbers, a local group of vigilantes, were rumored to have taken people to the top of Roark Mountain, and thrown them in the sink hole. Marvel Cave was originally called Marble Cave, after explorers in 1882 saw what they thought was marble on the cave's ceiling. This started the Marble Cave Mining Company, although later it was realized that there was never any marble in the cave. The Marble Cave Mining Company ceased all operations after only four and a half years. William Lynch purchased the cave in 1889, and soon after opened the cave to the public. In 1950, Hugo Herschend leased the cave for 99 years. The Herschends made renovations to the cave, and later opened a theme park, Silver Dollar City, on the surface above the cave. Marvel Cave is known for being one of the largest caves in Missouri, having one of the largest cave entry rooms (the Cathedral Room) of any cave in North America, and for being one of the longest running tourist attractions in the Ozarks)

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

Marvel Cave - Missouri Caves Project

Like other show caves in Missouri, Marvel Cave in Branson comes with its own fascinating history -- but few caves actually have their history come to life ar...

Off to work..................................

PTG (anotherPTG)

From: PTG (anotherPTG)

May-2

The Nanda Devi National Park and Valley of Flowers National Parks is an UNESCO World Heritage Site in Uttarakhand, India.  It possesses of two core areas about 20 km apart, made up by the Nanda Devi National Park and the Valley of Flowers National Park, plus an encompassing Combined Buffer Zone.

In 1988 the site was inscribed as Nanda Devi National Park (India). In 2005 it was expanded to encompass the Valley of Flowers National Park and a larger buffer zone and it was renamed to Nanda Devi and Valley of Flowers National Parks.

The Nanda Devi National Park is renowned for its remote mountain wilderness, dominated by India's second highest mountain at 7,817 m and protected on all sides by spectacular topographical features including glaciers, moraines, and alpine meadows.

Nanda Devi

Nanda Devi Temple. Uttarakhand | World heritage sites, Uttarakhand,  Picturesque

Orava Castle in Slovakia (is a castle situated on a high rock above Orava river in the village of Oravský Podzámok, Slovakia. It is considered to be one of the most beautiful castles in Slovakia. The castle was built in the Kingdom of Hungary in the thirteenth century. Many scenes of the 1922 film Nosferatu were filmed here, the castle representing Count Orlok's Transylvanian castle. Orava Castle stands on the site of an old wooden fortification, built after the Mongol invasion of Hungary of 1241. Its history follows a familiar pattern of construction, destruction, reconstruction, fire, various ownerships and territorial squabbles. The original design was in Romanesque and Gothic style; it was later reconstructed as a Renaissance and Neo-Gothic structure, hugging the shape of the 520-metre spur on which it perches. The mining magnate Thurzo family, who took charge in the mid-16th century, were responsible for a great deal of rebuilding work, although its present form was not finalised until 1611. It burned down again in 1800, after which it was no longer used as a residence. After a period of dilapidation dating until World War II, the castle became a national monument)

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

4 minutes in ORAVA CASTLE - ORAVSKY HRAD

The Orava Castle (Oravsky Hrad) is one of the most beautiful castles in Slovakia, situated on a high rock above the Orava river in the region of the North Or...

Calling it a night.........................

PTG (anotherPTG)

From: PTG (anotherPTG)

May-3

Pisa  is a city and comune in Tuscany, central Italy, straddling the Arno just before it empties into the Ligurian Sea. It is the capital city of the Province of Pisa. Although Pisa is known worldwide for its leaning tower, the city contains more than twenty other historic churches, several medieval palaces, and bridges across the Arno. Much of the city's architecture was financed from its history as one of the Italian maritime republics.

The city is also home to the University of Pisa, which has a history going back to the 12th century, the Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa, founded by Napoleon in 1810, and its offshoot, the Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies.

Historic centre of Pisa on river Arno

New PISA results show the challenges of teaching reading in a digital world  - European Trade Union Committee for Education

Leaning Tower of Pisa - Everything you could possibly want to know

Pisa's Medieval Walls | Visit Tuscany

Qiandao Lake in China (a human-made, freshwater lake located in Chun'an County, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China, was formed after the completion of the Xin'an River hydroelectric station in 1959. 1,078 large islands dot the lake and a few thousand smaller ones are scattered across it. Over 90% of the area is forested. The islands in the lake include Bird Island, Snake Island, Monkey Island, Lock Island (featuring supposedly the world's biggest lock), and the Island to Remind You of Your Childhood. The lake covers an area of 573 km2 (221 sq mi) and has a storage capacity of 17.8 km3 (4.3 cu mi). The islands in the lake cover about 86 km2 (33 sq mi))

See the source image

See the source image

A tea garden on one of the islands.............................

See the source image

East China's Qiandao Lake Transforms into Popular Eco-tourism Destination

Qiandao Lake in east China's Zhejiang Province has emerged in recent years as a prominent eco-tourism destination in the country, attracting tourists with it...

Submerged in the lake, at the foot of Wu Shi Mountain (???, "Five Lion Mountain"), lies an ancient city known as Shi Cheng (??, "Lion City"). It was built during the Eastern Han Dynasty (AD 25–200) and was first set up as a county in AD 208. The city acquired its name from nearby Wu Shi (Five Lion) Mountain, which is now known as Wu Shi Island since it too became partially submerged by the reservoir. At present Shi Cheng remains well-preserved and undisturbed at a depth of 26–40 m (85–131 ft). Besides the city of Shi Cheng many other historic sites have been confirmed beneath the water..............................................

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

The Lost Wonderland @ Qiandao Lake

At the bottom of the calm Qiandao Lake lie two ancient cities.According to historical documentation like Chun'an County Annals, in 1959, for the construction...

Off to work....................

PTG (anotherPTG)

From: PTG (anotherPTG)

May-3

Robin Hood country in Nottinghamshire contains  countless Robin Hood tales that mention the city of Nottingham and around the area too. But, some locations in Yorkshire are mentioned just as much in the ballads.

A monk of Witham Priory (1460) suggested that the archer had 'infested shirwode'. His chronicle entry reads: 'Around this time, according to popular opinion, a certain outlaw named Robin Hood, with his accomplices, infested Sherwood and other law-abiding areas of England with continuous robberies. Specific sites in the county of Nottinghamshire that are directly linked to the Robin Hood legend include Robin Hood's Well, located near Newstead Abbey (within the boundaries of Sherwood Forest), the Church of St. Mary in the village of Edwinstowe and most famously of all, the Major Oak also located at the village of Edwinstowe. The Major Oak, which resides in the heart of Sherwood Forest, is popularly believed to have been used by the Merry Men as a hide-out. Dendrologists have contradicted this claim by estimating the tree's true age at around eight hundred years; it would have been relatively a sapling in Robin's time, at best/

Robin Hood's grave! near Kirklees Priory West Yorkshire

TOP