Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where are blue key quests??   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Sep-18 by Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1); 2688 views.

Are they not supposed to reappear after completing the content of the update??

AEGram

Sep-18

So far, the Side Quests are in cyberspace because they haven't presented at the end of this update.

In all cases, when we've had an update, the Side Quests have become available from several of the characters. Unfortunately, they weren't activated at the end of this update.

It's unknown if the Devs now don't plan to offer them in between updates or if they just forgot to press the "activate" button in the software. I'm sure someone will notify them that they don't display. The fix might be sent in some mini-update or it may be added to the Fall Event software. Or....they just may no longer be offered.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Do you show the update ending with Lilith the Huntress (seems like the 12th of 15 ---- or close to that)?

CzoeMC

Sep-19

Yeah! I like to get the update done before an Event (though not so fast that I won't enjoy it), because the Blue Keys quests can be very helpful for daily challenges.

Quite disappointed that they didn't appear, and hope that it is just a glitch that will be fixed before the autumn event starts.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Siberlene

Sep-19

Well, let's hope they just forgot to activate because if they no longer offer the side quests how will we craft exclusive food?  We need those blue keys. 

I had a very mini update yesterday.  I wonder what that was all about.  

AEGram

Sep-19

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

Do you show the update ending with Lilith the Huntress (seems like the 12th of 15 ---- or close to that)?

It is on Lilith's 13th task that you get the message: Shh... Don't bother me while I'm on the hunt, If I need help I'll ask. ...... This is 4507/8160 experience points into Level 102 for most people.

That is the final resting place for the current content. The blue Side Quests do not present for any of the characters.

AEGram

Sep-19

Siberlene said:

Well, let's hope they just forgot to activate because if they no longer offer the side quests how will we craft exclusive food? 

The Side Quests are just fluff and busy work. It is not necessary to continue to do them to get the Destiny Keys because the Keys fulfill no game necessity.

Regarding the Exclusive Food........It is a waste of game resources (in my opinion) to craft the Exclusive Pet Food either in

the Laboratory where it requires 5 Destiny keys, 5 pet medallions AND 2000 coins for one bag of food OR

the Ghostly Chest where it requires a Keys of Fate that requires 50 Destiny Keys, 1 Rare stamp, 2 unusual stamps, 5 plain stamps AND 2000 coins to get 5 bags of the food.

IF one wants to craft the food, the better bargain for coins is to use the Ghostly Chest.

HOWEVER...................It is totally, completely, positively, absolutely not necessary to craft it at all.......when HOSs are completed, it drops randomly as does the other pet food. All you need to do is maintain at least 20 bags of the Exclusive Pet Food in your inventory to encourage the game to give it to you. Plus, if you have at least 50 bags in inventory, it will drop much more frequently.

I have over 2500 bags of Exclusive Pet Food in my inventory and haven't spent a single coin or Destiny Key to get any of it. I got it all free from doing the HOSs.

In reply toRe: msg 7

2500!!!!???!!!! ---- and I thought I had an enormous amount at 1100.

But you are absolutely right ---- they drop all the time ---- no need to craft them or use the ghostly chest.

Thanks for the reply!

In reply toRe: msg 7
CzoeMC

Sep-19

I humbly disagree that blue quests are fluff, lol. For strategy purposes in event challenges, they can be useful.  I like to set up ZZs ahead of time, for use in the challenges that require using items in zz, for instance. AEG, you always amaze me with your knowledge, don't hold it against me if I see different on that point.

AEGram

Sep-19

CzoeMC said:

I like to set up ZZs ahead of time, for use in the challenges that require using items in zz, for instance.

Indeed, there are many people who follow this procedure. By having a Trina quest open that is asking for a Torch, you are guaranteed to get one from the Crypt.

However, if you already have 100 Torch in inventory, I don't know if that will still work.

I keep forgetting that many people don't carry in inventory the same amounts that I do.

Also......regarding the castle challenge tasks that require ZZ openings .... IF it is a task to open x number of ZZs, the quickest, easiest, and most economical way of getting this one completed is to go into the "Castle 6 ZZs" (Burnt Tree, Iron Chest, Birdcage, Rock Garden, Stone Gargoyle, Astral Lamp) .............each of those ZZs only require one item to be opened, so opening a combination of them 20x fulfills the task with the least amount of inventory spent.

To get those items....play the puzzles......first ask for Torch, Murderer's Eye, Shard of Soul......You have 2 free chances to get that first one because they're set before the diamonds.

If you get the item on the first guess, play again...keep playing until you lose....close that puzzle, take your winnings and try the next puzzle for the next item.

If you only get the Torch, then for the second puzzle, ask for Murderer's Eye, Shard of Soul, Forged Key ..... play to get what you can win.

Rinse and repeat until you've successfully won all 6 of the items. I can play the puzzles 3x a day, so I can earn 18 of the items by playing puzzles.