Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Latest update   Technical Issues

Started Sep-24 by DevilinWales; 1064 views.
DevilinWales

Sep-24

Hi 

I have just updated game 3 no probs.

game 2 however gas gone haywire and us now back at the beginning!!!

i have sent in a ticket to see if it’s a glitch and once I have any info I will update on here

i have noticed on update that game ID is as it was but on my other game the friends ID gas changed which us weird to say the least

anyone else had similar ?

paul-devil 2 + 3

and it’s on 3 that the issue is as 2 looks fine and all updated ok

Hi my friend has just been in touch about problems with the update. She is unable to install it and BF have told her there is a glitch they are trying to sort out. I haven't even got the update.  It's not on the game and according to the game manager I have the latest version. Very strange. 

Norry

DevilinWales

Sep-24

Hi

i think it may be because I had my initial game transferred over when I updated my I-pad.

sure they will sort it 

update is available via App Store for us I-pad players

paul-devil

We are both on PC. It looks like there are other iPad players having problems with the update. I'm wondering if mine is because I'm still on Windows 7. Good luck getting yours sorted.

PaulaLoveRNR

Sep-25

There is someone else’s name showing up on my game. I play as PAULA - i1798960 level 100. Now it shows a Perin at level 39. Where did my game go? It still shows all my friends, but I’m not playing this until they give me my game back. 

DevilinWales

Sep-25

Hi

i noticed that and sent you/her/him a gift !!

my second game which is devil-3 crashed during update and I have lost all progress

awaiting help from whoever with my ticket

i transferred from devil-1 to devil-3 and that looks like the issue as it has put me back to the new fame before transfer

annoying but these things happen 

nice to meet you anyhow as one of my friends

paul-devil

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Sep-25

It is my understanding that your MC Game is or may be automatically?? saved to some iOS cloud . . . if you set it up to do so.

I will defer the 'how to' get your game back yourself since I have no experience with iOS.

Hopefully some iOS players will chime in soon . . .

Short of that, you can contact Elephant Games Customer Support.  Send email to:

support@elephant-games.com

It may take a while for them to get back to you.

And you could send a Ticket to Big Fish, but, again,  it may take a loooooong time for them to get back to you.

https://bigfishgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/230538107-Contact-Customer-Support

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK WITH THIS!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

CC to AEGram
AEGram

Sep-25

PaulaLoveRNR said:

There is someone else’s name showing up on my game. I play as PAULA - i1798960 level 100. Now it shows a Perin at level 39. Where did my game go? It still shows all my friends, but I’m not playing this until they give me my game back. 

There is nothing you can do about "games crossing/intermingling" except contact Elephant Games. While Dhyani gave the link to contacting Big Fish, I would go directly to Elephant Games at support@elephant-games.com .... Just use this email address as the recipient in your mail program.

Be sure to give them your in-game name; your game ID; the person's name who shows instead of yours as well as that ID if it also shows.

Give as much explanation as you can while being brief. 

When I went though my iPad game to level it to the max level, I had a problem connecting the Polar Star (which is the last item we receive for the Northern Breath artifact before the current content ends). My star would not attach to the Northern Breath even though it was obvious where it should go. I sent them an email at about 6:00 pm CST to let them know I had a problem and all I had done to try to resolve the issue. A little later, I tried to connect the star after clearing cookies and history. When that didn't work, on a whim, I released the Polar Star in the area where the final item will go (the wing) and the Polar Star flew up to its appropriate position.

Because I know they are busy, I sent a "please disregard my previous email" message (with a copy of that email at the bottom of my ignore message) at about 8:45 pm CST. When I woke up the following morning, I had an email from Elephant Games telling me they were happy I had been able to resolve the problem and to contact them anytime. The time stamp on that return email was 3:52 AM CST, so they responded quite quickly.

That said....Dhyani also mentioned the possibility of restoring from a previous backup. There are some things to know should you want to try that before contacting Elephant Games:

1. This will ONLY work if you have automatic backups turned on; if your game is DEFINITELY backing up on a regular basis. 

2. If you absolutely know that there is a backup of your game that's in good condition, you can reset your iPad -- this will wipe it clean of EVERYTHING and restore it to its factory condition when you originally secured the device.

3. When going through the prompts, select to set up your iPad using a previous backup. Generally, there will be the latest 2 presented from which you can choose. 

4. You absolutely want to be sure that you have the backup, though, because if you reset the iPad and when setting it up, there is no backup presented for you to use, you are totally hosed. You will have lost everything on your iPad.

5. I don't know if someone from Apple Support can view your portion of the iCloud to tell you if there's an iPad backup there or not. But, if you aren't absolutely sure, you have nothing to lose by calling them and asking the question. I've found Apple technicians to be incredibly helpful and knowledgeable when calling them for assistance. 

In reply toRe: msg 8
PaulaLoveRNR

Sep-25

Thank you. I have contacted support with my issue. I understand they are heavily inundated with problems so I will have to wait for this to be resolved. I have played for a few years and hope I can get my game back as it was and reap the rewards of my efforts. This is the first real issue I have ever had with this game, and hope it can be resolved quickly. I have the game backed up on Facebook and iCloud so am baffled by why my game id is showing up under a different name. I will keep it shut down until they fix this issue. Thank you AEGram, I have followed your advice for many years, and appreciate your taking time to help me through this problem.

AEGram

Sep-26

Thank you, PaulaLoveRNR, for your kind words.

In addition.....before this iOS 14 problem, some players were experiencing problems with getting another download for the game.

The solution was to make sure they were closer to their WiFi source......I can't remember who, but one person having a problem had a family member streaming video that was taking up a lot of bandwidth. As soon as that was stopped, the update worked just fine.

So, I'm also wondering if perhaps some of these iOS 14 issues aren't partially caused by players not having a very strong WiFi connection. 

It is becoming increasingly more obvious that as the game updates are released, players really need to be in a place with a very strong, high-speed WiFi connection to get the download to their game successfully.