Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MIA   Howling with the Hostess

Started Dec-1 by Bingo (manybears); 1374 views.
Bingo (manybears)

Dec-1

I'm not sure the above folder states the facts.  I have kept my peace so far in this game, but it is becoming very apparent that this fall event is so stacked against the lower level players that it's beginning to cheese me off.  Green ghosts to start.  I'm at the top level and after 4 times going round in all levels I finally got my "15" ghosts.  If this is what it takes for me to find them, I don't even want to hazard a guess as to how those in the lower levels are able to find them. Now they want "15"  Azure ghosts. I've been through twice and have 2 to show for my efforts.  It's no wonder some of my friends are gone and have opened their Christmas rooms already.  Some (around a dozen of my friends) may have taken one look at what is required to earn the newest Avatars and just plain given up as they are not even start playing this time round (old event rooms still up and red hearts).   Elephant Games has missed the mark on this season's event and if they don't give their heads a shake for the next one, they will probably loose even more players.  I know there are a lot of people who are going to argue with my logic and that's o.k., but if a game becomes so difficult to advance either new players will opt out altogether or stay for one or two events and then give up.  I see it happen time and time again.  I have probably gone through more than 50 people since joining the friend club.  Covid may be playing a role in this, but my money is on, "Just too challenging to bother".  Can we not find a common ground to help all players in the game, new and old alike?? (ghosts are NOT gifts, they have to be individually earned)  Sorry for venting my frustration, but as of today, I'm peeved beyond caring.  It's taken me over half this event to get so worked up, I finally had to say something.....  Apologies to all who have to endure my tirade, but I think this needs to be addressed for what it is.   I'M SORRY!!

TinyFaerie
Staff

Dec-1

It's perfectly fine for you to vent your frustrations. Jenifer like to keep these post under her Howling With the Hostess and will move it there.

Hi Bingo, I'm right there with you.  Just trapping the Blue and Yellow Ghosts (of which we only needed 5 and 7) took me forever.  The Violet Ghosts (10) gave me a headache, the Green (12) made me give up and go to bed and the Azure (15) took at least 6 rounds.  I AM NOT looking forward to the red.

I think the ghosts are random so I don't believe it matters whether you're new to the game or been at it for years.  Where new players are at a disadvantage is the accumulation of ghost traps.  But we were all there once upon a time.

Some players find it helpful to close the game for a while and come back later.  I actually found sticking with it eventually forces the "right" ghost out.  Once the Azures in my game started showing up, it didn't take very long.  It's just getting them to poke their noses out that drove me up a wall.

Never apologize for venting.  Trust me, we've all been there.  At least on this forum we're allowed to vent without getting our knuckles smacked with the ruler. kissing_closed_eyes

Bingo (manybears)

Dec-1

Hello Butterfly,  

Thank you for your kind words.  I probably should have held my tongue, but I'm not noted for that.  I have a lot of sympathy for the newbies.  As you say, we were all there once upon a time.

The morphing pumpkins are driving me nuts this time.  Lots of pumpkins for 5 morphing.  I usually hunt them down waiting for the ghosts to put in an appearance.  If anyone needs pumpkins.....I have a boatload of 'em.  Sad that we can only gift 5 at a time though.  I can do twice but not 3xs /24hrs.  Stay safe...Bingo

LOL, I do exactly the same thing.  Click on all the pumpkins while waiting for that elusive ghost to float by.  Maybe we'll have better luck with the Christmas floaties.  thumbsup

Sometimes it is hard to mannage all three gifting slots (sorry for the typaing, Myrtle keeps butting my haNd to ahepl me type)  It is much better than the early days when we dcould only gift 5 people per day.  

Like whitebutterfly, I also click on the morphing pumpkins while chasing the ghosts.  At least they come in handy to send to new players for their achievement.

Bingo (manybears)

Dec-2

Hello Trixie,   Now you have me wondering........Who is Myrtle??    I have a Murphy (whoodle) who does the same thing.  About the pumpkins, how about 2458 of them??   Been racking them up for all  fall events for 3 years.   Way too many!!   Also noted that we are not seeing as many coin rewards this time around.

Be well 

Myrtle is my 12 year old tortie/tabby cat.  She drools when she is happy and shakes her head like a dog and you get slobber everywhere, many a cup of coffee has had to be ditched.  My main game is named for her. Like you I have over 2,000 pumpkins in her game.  

misstracy22

Dec-2

6375 and counting. Sorry I had to look to see how many of those pumpkins I had accumulated. I gift them to any one who wants them too. 
Still only x 5 azure ghost. 
Sorry I butted in. I wonder how many others have of those pumpkins? 

Hugs Tracy 

Bingo (manybears)

Dec-2

Hi Tracy,   No problem butting in. Don't you hate those ghosts??  Hate to tell you, they want 17 of the red ones coming up shortly.  Grrrrr.   And you certainly beat me on the pumpkins.   It's nice to get some mental stimulation these days.  I have a compromised immune system, so I'm pretty well housebound and I've pretty well exhausted all my topics with my husband.  The castle, these days, is my only break from banging my head on the desk.

Take care

Bingo