Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Still running like Crap   Technical Issues

Started Jan-31 by mlacomb; 2534 views.
mlacomb

Jan-31

Well I really thought after the event was over the game would be easier to play.  I no longer get the Please Wait lockup but after 20 minutes the game slows down until at 30 minutes it's so slow it's not worth playing.  Then I have to use the task manager to close the game.  I have the task manager running on my other screen so I can sit there an watch the memory usage go down as the game slows down.  I have to completely reboot my system in order to continue playing the same.  Nothing else on my computer is effected, just this game.  I'm assuming this is a disconnect  between the latest version of the game and the latest version of Windows 10.  Is there any trick out their other than patience to get past this?  As much as the 50 diamonds were appreciated they don't come near making up what was lost by not being able to play the Christmas rooms for more than 20 minutes

I have had to use the Task Manager on occasion to close out the game.  I noticed the column that says "power usage" reads high or very high before I close out the game.  I have absolutely no idea what's causing it.  But problems with this game go back years, it's nothing new.  It just seems to be happening more often now.  Can't really be of any help as to what to do other than clean out all the junk from your computer and see if that helps at all.  

Tannie2018

Feb-7

I have the same issue since the event. I can only do about 15 puzzles before i have to restart my computer. Shutting down game doesn't work. I have restart the computer.  It's like the game is leaking memory.

Judy (JudyHBishop)

Feb-12

Hi mlacomb,

I don't know the solution either. My main game is at the top level and can take a considerable length of time to exit. What I do if I want to switch games, I press Control, Alt and Delete together and choose the option switch user to go to my other game. I have yet to take the plunge to change to Windows10.

Take care and stay safe, Judy

dairrr

Feb-25

hey hi, i have been wondering what the hay over why is my computer always loading this that the other... then i have no problem getting onto favorite game sites buttt do have a problem with going here there and everywhere available to go to at the site so i did a what the hay search...

i just learned that every version of windows is in the throes of being unsupported...staying connected to the cloud will become more difficult...as i just learned during the 2/23/2021 update... plus i had to ditch the feeder game i began in September 2020....don't ask...took me nearly 48 hours to straighten out the glitches i encountered at downloading the update...do believe i picked up on feeder games can cause that glitch...during the unsupported processes...

we will all have to get NEW computers because windows 10 x can not be installed on the computers we all have.. they will not be updated with windows 10x...or you will have to use a security compnay prepared to keep your safe and internet able.. you know the odds of them creating another internet highway once windows 10 x is out on the market place in all kinds of computer brands etc...

there will be minimum support  by micro-soft until 2022,there are only two computer brands and models on the market in the moment that is available for Students and business... as i understand it..

i couldn't figure out why my in mint condition printer wouldn't connect to the internet and print a dang thing... 1/2021..just been told it will never ever connect to internet again.. it is fully unsupported...and is kept from....

being in the throes of being unsupported by all versions of windows is what is behind all of our computer woes...

your's truly

dair and yes if your for pc... you can friend me i play as dair....

In reply toRe: msg 5
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Feb-26

Read this article, looks like Win 10X is developed/intended for DUAL SCREEN Devices, and is NOT intended to replace our existing Windows 10 operating systems on our existing devices.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/windows-10x-news-rumors-specs-release-date/

It is RUMORED that Windows 10X might be coming to new, commercial single-screen Windows 10 laptops and tablets in the spring of 2021.

We shall see if/when that actually happens.  But this does NOT mean we HAVE to replace our existing Windows devices, unless we WANT to.  Or when our existing devices crap out . . . still we can buy a last years' model.

We shall see . . .

mlacomb

Feb-27

Just got my new laptop in Wednesday and it came with windows 10 home.  But the game still plays like crap. Even before I got my game successfully loaded there was a lag with moving the mouse.  It's like it's talking to the server at snail speed.  I don't have this probalem with anything else.  And all the S/W and drivers for everything are up to speed.  Got any ideas 

myvalek

Feb-27

I have the same problem in a new PC. The mouse starts to hack and then the whole game. I have to turn off the game through the task manager or log out. I also have a problem receiving and sending gifts. I have 4 games and I'm thinking of ending the games. You can't play games this way. After years of playing, I'm sorry, but no one knows the answer to how to fix everything. Player RENATKA, MYVALEK, KAJA a NATALI

mdpetdoc

Feb-27

I find that the speed of your internet connection makes a big difference in how MC plays. As long as my upload speed is at least 5 mbps, it works fine.

myvalek

Feb-27

I have high speed internet. Download up to 300mb / s and upload up to 20mb / s. The game worked well on an old PC.