Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

COINS!!!   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Feb-28 by Mara1022; 3089 views.
MirtaiAmazon

May-1

I've only just discovered the jigsaw puzzle thing - can't think why I just never registered the "Play" button before seeing it mentioned here!  ()  Anyway, is the child's game truly random, or is there a reliable pattern to his hands?  I can see the shoulders always move the same way, but so far I haven't identified a pattern to the 'full' hands.

LvlSlgr

May-1

It's strictly random ... no tells at all. Each person has their own way of playing. Myself I tend to pick the hand that started off empty. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. LOL

The real secret to the puzzles is knowing when to quit playing. If you lose twice then you lose anything you had won during that play. So quit while you're ahead. And never, never pay to play one more time.

MirtaiAmazon

May-1

Okay, thanks. relaxed

AEGram

May-2

MirtaiAmazon said:

is the child's game truly random, or is there a reliable pattern to his hands?  I can see the shoulders always move the same way, but so far I haven't identified a pattern to the 'full' hands.

The "full hand" isn't always the hand in which you will find the object. 

Until recently, I'd been able to see a pattern that runs for awhile. Of course, just when I've figured out the "pattern," it changes. 

I've finally just decided to open the puzzles.....decide which hand I'll select every time and stick with that decision until I get the items I really want to get. Since I'm trying to build ZZ inventory, the items I want are in the Castle ZZs. That puts the items before the diamonds. So I get 2 chances to get an item.

When I've settled on the left side, the item will many times be in the right side far more frequently. But by staying with the left side, I generally get the items I want after playing the first 10 or so puzzles. Sometimes I pick the hand in which it's hidden most of the times during the "set" that I play to get my items.

But, basically, I've found that if I tally up all those right hand items and the left hand items, I find that it comes out pretty equal over several of the times I play.

I've also found it to be far less stressful to just decide which hand I'm always going to pick during a "set of play." I just continue to select that hand until I eventually get all the items in my list. Sometimes I play 7 puzzles to achieve that goal; sometimes it's 10-11 puzzles. 

katiek2

May-2

MirtaiAmazon said:

is there a reliable pattern to his hands?

This is going to sound silly, but I recreated the motions of putting something in one hand, then hiding my hands behind my back, changing the hand the item was in (or not), then holding my arms out in front.  Then I watch how the kid's shoulders move, first as he puts the item behind his back, then as he brings his arm forward.  It works a good 90% of the time, maybe more.

Tannie2018

May-11

I made Mechanical Heart to help get coins. It takes 2 components & stamps. I put them on my wish list, and friends helped supply the items I needed. That was before event rooms gave so much coin, so back in those days it was way worse than today.

RBL37

May-24

I just have to tell you that your tip changed my puzzle game!! I had tried everything else I had read (and even tried some of my own) but couldn't nail ANYTHING down. Then I remembered what you had posted. It took me a couple of tries but I'll be d@mned your discovery absolutely worked!!! Not every time BUT I counted and out of 13 "plays" I got 11 of them right!! Two times I actually made it from beginning (coins) to end (for me an egg or other higher value need) with only using the "try again" feature 1x in each series. So THANK YOU for posting this. At least for tonight I felt like I had a leg up on that cute lil' sneaky b@st@rd!!!! L ;~))

In reply toRe: msg 16
katiek2

May-24

I know - it sounds ridiculous, but it works!!  I'm so glad you tried it and it worked for you too.  I rely on it to replenish my diamonds when I have to use them to call an airship back.  Good luck in the future.

AEGram

May-24

katiek2 said:

This is going to sound silly, but I recreated the motions of putting something in one hand, then hiding my hands behind my back, changing the hand the item was in (or not), then holding my arms out in front.  Then I watch how the kid's shoulders move, first as he puts the item behind his back, then as he brings his arm forward.  It works a good 90% of the time, maybe more.

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble here, but everything is the same on the puzzle screen...

1. The item goes into one hand .... left or right.

2. The right shoulder rises; the left shoulder rises.

3. The right shoulder rises; the left shoulder rises.

4. The hands are presented in front of the urchin for a selection. (The left hand is always presented followed by the right hand when the hands come from behind the back)

So.....the rising and falling of the shoulders is the exact same regardless of which hand the item is inserted. Whether the hand enlarges to perhaps the indication of something in that hand is also irrelevant. That hand can be empty as well as have an item in it.

But.....if someone thinks they see some sort of difference and can make an accurate guess most of the time, I'm all for it. 

• Edited May 24, 2021 8:23 pm  by  AEGram
RBL37

Jun-1

Hi katiek2 - Somehow I wound up back on this page. Wasn't my intention but since I'm here I just wanted to tell you that there is absolutely something to what you said. In my game the little guy does not always shrug R to L then R to L. Sometimes he shrugs the L one 1st. I can't speak to anyone else's game but I can say that mine is not like the other person's game who indicated the pattern is always R to L then R to L. There is something in the rhythm to which hand the item is placed in, which shoulder shrugs first, etc. Never in 5 years have I gone through multiple complete levels of hand swaps with that kiddo and been able to do all levels without screwing up and then do it all over again. So I stand by what I said. I never claimed it was right all of the time but its a whole lot more right than anything else I tried. I commend you for posting what you found to work for you. People are free to try and see what works for them. Keep doing you.