Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New Castle Challenge - 02/28/2021   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Feb-28 by Oodie (Oodeveer); 1063 views.
Oodie (Oodeveer)

Feb-28

Hmmm.......There’s a new Castle Challenge.

I really don’t feel like playing this one. I don’t find the avatars particularly interesting and it came so soon after the content update that I’m not willing to play these tasks.

Maybe I’ll change my mind in a few days but I’m just not “feeling” it right now.

Shylo (shylo2425)

Feb-28

Hi Oodie,

Just a note to say I totally agree with you, however, I doubt that I'll change my mind in a few days. Neither the avatars nor the challenges are appealing. I already gave too many items going from 102 to 106, and the only hope I have for tokens lies with the Spring Event.

If you change your mind, good luck!

Shylo blush

bajon

Feb-28

I agree. Will sit this one out.

In reply toRe: msg 3
RiverLady55

Feb-28

I’ll sit this one out too. Avatars are just dull. Also, it looks like I’d need to send airships 5 or 6 times and I am way to low on airship items. Oh well...

In reply toRe: msg 4

When a couple of days went by after the update, I had hoped the devs would have chosen not to spoil the work on the content (excellent) with yet another repetitious, boring, asset grabbing, never changing "Challenge" (busy work) ---- I wonder when they will learn that many players are tiring of these same old, same old exercises with their never changing "tasks" and rewards? (what, avatars 154, 155, 156 ---- come on devs, a little change/imagination is needed)

Honeyphan

Mar-1

The 3rd avatar is definitely the best of the lot, though if only they could have gotten the fox in there too - it would have been even better - when you click on it to see the big picture - it is so darn cute!

But I guess there's only so much they can fit into that small circle. lol

I found it odd that some of the same type tasks were right next to each other - to make it more difficult I guess?

"I found it odd that some of the same type tasks were right next to each other - to make it more difficult I guess?"

Or, could it be that it was carelessly with little thought thrown together?

- 8-10 times to send the airship (depending on what you get in the "complete DQs") ---- and the airship problem with regard to Trina has not been addressed?

- feed pets a ridiculous number of times

- use up your hint stock

- morphing objects twice in three days

- waste your ZZ items

- and not one single new "task" we have not seen over and over

It's not a challenge, it's an exercise in same old, same old created by the "B" team at EG.

(just my opinion, of course, but I am so glad I finally broke away from these.)

In reply toRe: msg 2
Shylo (shylo2425)

Mar-1

I totally agree with everyone and then some. 

In my humble opinion, the developers are tired after developing so many new HOS games, that when it came to Midnight Castle, they just threw things together and slapped them up there. Did y'all notice in the new scenes, that rather than give us new items, they just duplicated older items - like the nest or the bones - that now show up in the same scenes together in different forms, but the same name? How clever.... Hmpf! expressionless

RiverLady55

Mar-1

Hi. What’s the airship problem with Trina?

AEGram

Mar-1

RiverLady55 said:

Hi. What’s the airship problem with Trina?

As you progress in the game, the amount of wheels you receive for each airship sending increases. I'm assuming the Devs thought that as long as players have more HOSs opened, they have more opportunities to get airship items by going into those HOSs. However, there is a finite amount of HOSs that any one player can do in 1 hour's time. 

So, while I can only do a maximum of 65 HOSs an hour, it does me no good to have more than that open. In my game, I found that I need to do at least 2.5 rounds for every airship sending to maintain a balance of each item needed to pack in the crates. We currently have 165 HOSs available. It would take me 2.5 hours to do one full round or a little over 6 hours for one airship sending.

Now to Trina......she asks for 300 wheels. Most of the airships at the upper levels are well beyond that. To send off an airship giving 420 wheels would require 40 more airship items to be packed than I need for a 300 wheel sending. Airship items are precious enough since she requests wheels so many times. 

The Devs have not "maxed" out the amount of wheels you get for the airship sending; the amount of items needed to pack in each crate increases with each level you advance; there's no provision in the game to save the overage required. As a result, it's an increasingly difficult task to complete Trina's quests as you reach the levels above 100.