Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spring Event   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Apr-1 by anglegirl70; 1517 views.
anglegirl70

Apr-1

I'm confused.  Has the spring event started?

SharpEye1

Apr-1

Hi Sandy,

Yes,, it has started.  Check manually for the update, it should come back saying 1 update is available.  If so, you now need to check the the left side of the game manager and it should show 1 update available there.  You click that to open it, click on the update and click install, then go to your Queue and it should show it downloading.  If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.  You won't lose your progress.  Hope this helps.

Ada

LadyClaire

Apr-1

How do you check manually for an update? 

SharpEye1

Apr-1

You open the game manager, upper right is a little wheel, click on it, you'll see tabs, click on the downloads tab, then click on the check manually option.  It will tell you if there's an update available.  If there is one, close that, then look on the left side of the game manager and you should see the word update, click it and then click to install the update, then go to your queue to finish the download.

anglegirl70

Apr-1

Hi SharpEye!, That did not work and I'm not gonna lie to you.  I am not computer Savy at all and I am afraid to pcs. to try to uninstall and then reinstall my game.  If I don't do it right I could lose the game.  If it comes to that I might have to just quit playing.  I have never had trouble with an update before.  They always just download automataclly.  I'm so frustrated right now.

SharpEye1

Apr-1

You haven't said what platform you play on.  Is it PC, android, or Ios?  My instructions are for PC.  I'm not tech savvy either, trust me on that!  But, that being said, I have had to uninstall and reinstall my game more than once in all the years of playing and it's been fine each time. (knock on wood).  If you don't play on PC, once I know what platform you play on I can cc others who may be able to help. heart_eyes

LadyClaire

Apr-2

It insists that there is no update. I am so frustrated.

And to uninstall and reinstall? Do not wish to risk losing anything and start over. I'm on a Desktop PC.

LadyClaire

Apr-2

I tried also and no go. It is very frustrating.  I even went to the game site and tried a new download. Nope! 

And not able to get support from the game site anymore as they withdrew support is very frustrating. This is a great game.

AEGram

Apr-8

LadyClaire said:

I tried also and no go. It is very frustrating.  I even went to the game site and tried a new download. Nope!  And not able to get support from the game site anymore as they withdrew support is very frustrating. This is a great game.

Just a few thoughts that may help.....first click on your windows icon in the lower left corner....scroll through your listed programs until you reach the Game Manager....click on that one......At the top right will be a gear next to Options....select that and on the options screen click on the Downloads tab.

What's selected? Automatically when I launch the BF .... or Manually? 

1. IF Automatically is selected.....click the radio button next to Manually....close out of Game Manager, reopen, navigate to same page ...then click the check for updates button next to manually.

2. IF Manually is already selected, just click on the check for updates button.

IF it says there is no game updates available.....click the OK button to close the window.......then look at the "tree" on the left side of the Game Manager...MyGames should be highlighted....look at the one just below that = Queue .....there's a little circle to the right....if it has a "0" there, then your game isn't showing any update...............however..........sometimes the update goes to this Queue (in which case you will see a "1")....If there's a 1 there, click on the Queue word and follow the instructions on the right side of the panel.

AEGram

Apr-8

LadyClaire said:

It insists that there is no update. I am so frustrated.

IF you've followed the procedure in my previous post and there still seems to be no update......it could be because the "temp" folder is holding onto some old MC files that are preventing your game from using the new files it's placing in this folder. This "temp" folder is a hidden folder, so you must first unhide it:

1. In the search field at the bottom of your screen, type Control Panel.

2. There are two viewing options for the Control Panel (field is in the upper right area of the screen.....the easiest way is to view by "Category" ....if that shows, then select "Appearance and Personalization" from the items listed. (If large or small icons is selected for the view, use the dropdown to change it to category)

3. On the Appearance and Personalization screen....choose under File Explorer Options .... Show hidden files and folders

4. On the File Explorer Options screen, click on the View tab.....then look for the Hidden files and folders section.....move the radio button to "Show hidden files, folders, and drives......close that window....close the Control Panel window. ------------------then make sure all your apps, including Internet are closed (this is so everything will clear from the temp folder)

5. In the search window at bottom of screen, type File Explorer.....From the tree under "This PC" navigate as follows.....select Windows (C:).....select Users......select the name you use to log onto the computer........select the AppData folder (should be second item)......select Local......select Temp....

6. THIS IS THE FOLDER WHERE YOU NEED TO BE.......INSIDE OF IT...... Everything, including all folders in this folder should be highlighted and deleted....just single click somewhere in that open field...then hold down your ctrl button and the letter A at the same time to select all.......right click your mouse and choose delete, or just hit the delete button on your keyboard.

7. Some files may resist deletion because they're being used by an open app. (for instance, you may have left Delphi open to read these instructions...that's okay).......................but, most of what was in that folder should now be gone.

8. Almost finished.......all that junk went to your Recycle Bin.......items in your Recycle Bin are held there using your Random Access Memory (which you'd prefer to be available for actual app and program usage)...............so, now you need to empty the Recycle Bin......Just right click on it, and choose "Empty Recycle Bin"

9. Best practice would now be to reboot your computer. This is mostly to ensure that nothing that was in that temp folder was impacting the Game Manager.

10. Now that you've cleared the junk from the temp folder and rebooted.....go back into the Game Manager to see what it tells you.

Hopefully, you'll now see an update available.