Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New updates   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Apr-12 by Riddler (Riddler01); 1050 views.
Riddler (Riddler01)

Apr-12

Just remember all my FRIENDS (Riddler01) Whenever there is an update remember to go to into your room(s) , and change an item. Also do this to your gift lists. You can change it back,  but in order for your avitar to spin, and to be gifted you must do this. I think I just realized why some friends I have had for a while don't spin when I try to gift them. Thanks all!    Riddler01 

“SPIN” ?   You got sum ‘splainen to do Lucy.

Really, I’m not quite sure what that post meant.  Could you please explain?

pammy

Riddler (Riddler01)

Apr-12

By spin I mean the avatar turning around so I can see on the back what items that friend needs for gifting. When you tap that friend, the avatar doesn't move at all. So I cannot gift that friend who's avatar does not "spin", meaning move, or turn around so I can see their items and gift them. Hopefully makes sense now? Thanks for asking.     Riddler01

In reply toRe: msg 3
Riddler (Riddler01)

Apr-12

Does any one know for sure PLEASE, do you have to do anything to your room(s) and gift lists each time there is a Seasonal Event, CC, or Update for your game to work correctly and have your avatar turn around when tapped, so you can be gifted? I read somewhere in the Forum here, that you had to change something in one of your rooms, and also on your gift list so they will work properly, then you change back. Is this, any version like this that is true?

Riddler01

LadyAstra

Apr-12

Riddler,

No, you do not necessarily have to change something in your Private Room or gift list when there is a Seasonal Event, CC, or update.

It is true, though, that sometimes during a Seasonal Event, a person's Private Room is not visible to their friends.  This happens without the person knowing anything is wrong.  This is why we usually recommend that people open the new Room if one is offered, or change things regularly in their Private Room even outside of events or updates.  It may not always be necessary, but for safety's sake it's good practice.

Gift lists have nothing to do with Seasonal Events, CCs, or updates.  If your friends' cards aren't turning over, it's because those friends are not currently requesting gifts.  When a card is blank, it will not turn over.  There are many reasons why someone may not currently want gifts.  All you can do is wait to see if they change their minds.

Astra

• Edited April 12, 2021 9:18 pm  by  LadyAstra
Riddler (Riddler01)

Apr-12

Thank you so much for straightening that out in my mind. Now I can decide what to do, I have had several friends whose cards haven't turned over in months, though I continue to try and gift, and keep them on my running list so that I make sure my gifts stay (rotate) consistant, and accurate.   Riddler

Hirento

Apr-13

Hello Riddler,

you can easily see if a friend has a gift list or not. Just look for the arrow on the card. If it is there, your friend has a list, if not the card cannot turn over because there is no wish list.

I often take down my list simply because I don't need anything, and my card will look like this (friend without gift list vs friend with a gift list.

The ones without a list will most often be in the last page(s) of my friend section.

Just wanted to say thanks sooo much for the pics.  As for me, it makes explanations very much easier.

‘Keep stormen the castle.

Your fellow stormtrooper,

pammy

Do you also know why some friends cards have a red insignia instead of green?

thanks again,

pammy

Hirento

Apr-13

Hi Pammy, blush

glad it was useful!

The friends with a red dot/pin/whatever one calls it instead of green, have not been playing for some time, they are "inactive". This happens when a certain amount of days passes without logging in.

I usually stop gifting friends who have been red for a few days.

But I have heard of people saying their friends' cards were red, who had actually gifted them the same day. So it is apparently not to be trusted.