Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arrangement of Friends question    Friends

Started Apr-12 by ZeldaBrarian; 681 views.
ZeldaBrarian

Apr-12

Hi all,

Two questions about how Friends are arranged. 

1. How are friends ordered on the friends list? It seems alphabetical but then it goes out of order

2. How are friends ordered in the private rooms for the events? That’s not alphabetical at all. Just when I think I know the order of friends, it shifts and some friends move to the end of the queue. I’m trying to keep track of whose room I’ve completed because I can’t do them all in one go.

LadyAstra

Apr-12

ZeldaBrarian,

Friends are usually listed alphabetically when the Castle resets for the new "day".  Once you gift a friend, their card should move to the back of the list (occasionally it doesn't).  Friends who are not currently requesting gifts (and therefore have blank cards) will also be at the back of the list.  Sometimes, when you are ready to turn a "page" of friends, the next friend or two in the list won't appear (at least, this happens in my game).  If this ever happens and you know a friend is being skipped, just exit out of the friend page and go back in.  They should appear.

As for the Private Rooms, they are listed by ID number, with John always at the front.  If you have recently gifted a friend, they will for some reason move to the back of the list.  I'm not sure what purpose that serves.

Hope this helps!

Astra

• Edited April 12, 2021 9:22 pm  by  LadyAstra
SharpEye1

Apr-14

Here's an odd little quirk for you.  Yes, friends are usually listed in alphabetical order, as Lady Astra says.  However, in my friend Randy's game, his friends have never been listed alphabetically!  So annoying for him, to say the least.   heart_eyes

If you have friends that use symbols before their name they will appear first in the alphabetical order.

AEGram

Apr-15

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

If you have friends that use symbols before their name they will appear first in the alphabetical order.

Which is incredibly annoying for those of us who like to have things alphabetical in our lists we're keeping.

In reply toRe: msg 5
SharpEye1

Apr-15

AEGram said:

Which is incredibly annoying for those of us who like to have things alphabetical in our lists we're keeping.

That, and changing their name to a phrase, without leaving enough of their name to know who they are all of a sudden, without having to look up their codes.  heart_eyes

LvlSlgr

Apr-16

SharpEye1 said:

changing their name to a phrase, without leaving enough of their name

There's one person who apparently doesn't even use a name. The so-called name is always some phrase about the time of the year, holiday, whatever, and it appears to change frequently. So you don't have a clue who the heck the person is.