Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Coin goal?   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Apr-22 by ZeldaBrarian; 491 views.
ZeldaBrarian

Apr-22

I’m at level 35 and wondering what is an appropriate goal number for accumulating coins during the spring event? I guess I’m wondering how much I should have in ‘savings’

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Apr-22

As much as you can! Levels get more expensive as you progress. So get as many coins as you can.

AEGram

Apr-23

ZeldaBrarian said:

I’m at level 35 and wondering what is an appropriate goal number for accumulating coins during the spring event? I guess I’m wondering how much I should have in ‘savings’

Look at the MC Game Guide .... in the back is a list of all the character quests. At the end of each level is a cost for that level in coins and stamps if you have to craft everything and don't win a crafted item from the Wheel or get it as a gift.

We're currently into the beginning of Level 106......total game cost from beginning to our current end is 7,275,625 ...... and the upper levels are the most expensive.

So, in answer to your question....you would want to collect as many coins as you possibly can during events.

In reply toRe: msg 3

And don't forget about the added costs to play the dice table, spin the fortune wheel, craft items, etc., to complete the DQs and some of the achievements.

So get as many friends as you can handle and play their rooms, yes it gets tedious but it is worth it for the coins and other items. You can also sell or disenchant any extra items (keeping some for later events) for coins or shards. This is how I leveled up after my first Spring Event (which is when I started playing the game 4 years ago) when I had no friends except John (had not found the old forum until later). I learned quickly to get as many friends as I could handle and play the rooms, play the rooms, play the rooms during the events.

In reply toRe: msg 3
ZeldaBrarian

Apr-24

That guide is my most referenced post in the Forum. I’m doing as Tammy below suggests, playing the rooms consistently. In a separate post I read not to try leveling up during the event. I’m following that advice, too. 

Thanks so much for all the help from everyone. This forum is invaluable and has really contributed to my enjoyment of the game!

ZB

You're welcome, happy to help!! Yes, putting off leveling up is a very good advice.

AEGram

Apr-25

ZeldaBrarian said:

Thanks so much for all the help from everyone. This forum is invaluable and has really contributed to my enjoyment of the game!

An interesting footnote to your comment: Big Fish had the original forum. The moderators on the forum were tasked with keeping the forum restricted to game comments and keeping the posts "friendly." 

When some of the changes were made to the game, some of the early forum posters vehemently disagreed and continued to post in the attempt to get the Developers to undo what they felt were unfair changes made to the game.

At first, a "contrary" poster would be banned from posting for a certain number of days. If they continued, they were permanently banned from being able to post to the forum. If the offense was grave enough, they were immediately permanently banned.

Those who were permanently banned completely left the playing of Midnight Castle because being able to post to the forum had become such an extension of the game itself.