Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lost a dear friend   Messages from the Heart

Started Apr-25 by LvlSlgr; 1998 views.
LvlSlgr

Apr-25

I didn't think I'd ever post in this thread, but here I am.

I'm heartbroken ... I read on Facebook this morning that my dear friend Missy died yesterday. She was only 60 years old. No, not Covid. It was cancer. This was the third time she'd had cancer. The first time was a kidney about 12 or 13 years ago. She got through that without any problems. Then it was breast cancer about 7 years ago. But it wasn't the normal breast cancer; it was the one that appears as a sore on the nipple area. She had a mastectomy and restructuring of the breast. She got through that. Then in June of last year she went to the doctor complaining of abdominal pain that wouldn't go away. It was pancreatic cancer. She knew this one wouldn't be good. Since then she has endured chemo on a weekly basis. The doctors told her she was doing better than expected, but they didn't mislead her. This was definitely not cureable. 

I saw her on Feb. 27 when we had lunch. She was looking so good and always had a good outlook. She knew she wouldn't beat this one but she had such a positive attitude. It's strange - the past 3 or 4 days I noticed she hadn't posted in FB and was wondering about her. Now I know ... I'm so sad.

I'd known Missy since 1979 when we both started a job as data-entry operators on the same day. We didn't have a lot in common at the time because she was 19 years old and single of course and I was 27 years old, married with two young children. But we got along okay. She left the company after she got married sometime in the mid-80s. Her husband was in the Navy and they moved around a lot. When he left the Navy they settled in northern VA. When I moved to VA in 1995 I reached out to her since she was only about an hour away. That's when we became friends. Once again we didn't have much in common at that time - she was married with two young children and I was now divorced and my children were in college. Actually my son had just graduated. Then about 3 years later she went through a divorce and moved back to KY with her two sons so she would have the support of her family. Whenever I came to Louisville we would get together. She always had time for me.  Then I moved back to KY in 2008. By that time her children were grown. She became my go-to person when I wanted to go to a movie or just gripe about work. She was such a wonderful person. I'm really going to miss her.

• Edited April 25, 2021 8:28 pm  by  LvlSlgr
mdpetdoc

Apr-25

I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like a friendship that was meant to be. 

LvlSlgr

Apr-25

Thank you, mdpetdoc.

katiek2

Apr-26

It's so hard to take when you lose a close friend, doesn't seem to matter whether you've seen him/her lately or not.  There's such an absence in your life.  I'm so sorry you've have to experience this.

TinyFaerie
Staff

Apr-26

Oh honey I am saddened by this. Close friend are like family and just as losing one. My prayers go out to you and her friends and family.

oiuoiu321

Apr-26

(((((HUGS)))))  I'm sorry for your loss.  Praying for you and everyone who loved Missy.  She sounds like a lovely woman.

SharpEye1

Apr-26

I am so sorry for your loss.  I'm keeping you and her family in my prayers!

I'm so awfully sorry for the loss of your friend.  She sounds like a terrific person.  I have a friend I met at work from around the same time period as you and Missy so I know what it's like to know someone for over 40 years.  Life may get in the way sometimes and you can lose touch for a while, but the connection lasts a lifetime.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Missy and her family at this sad time.

misstracy22

Apr-26

Oh I’m so very sorry to hear your friend of so long has died. Your friendship was meant to be, lasting through all your ups and downs in life. You were there when you each needed someone special. Your special friend will stay with you, watching what you are up to. Laughing with you when you laugh at your happy memories, you shared. Hugging you when you have tears in your eyes. 

You’re in my prayers and hugs are sent wit warmth to help ease the pains.

Tracy 

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.