Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Use 60 hints in HOS Scenes    Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Apr-27 by Katijay (Katijay46); 1122 views.
Katijay (Katijay46)

Apr-27

A lot of people hate this one, but it is easy enough to achieve...All buttons (icons) on the left work for this one... not just the hint button...

LvlSlgr

Apr-27

I only hate it because I keep forgetting to use a hint ... LOL

AEGram

Apr-27

Katijay (Katijay46) said:

A lot of people hate this one, but it is easy enough to achieve...All buttons (icons) on the left work for this one... not just the hint button...

The easiest way to complete this particular task is to employ the use of the HOSs outside of the private room. Those inside the private room only allow the usage of the Hint button on the lower right, and the Crystal Ball and Wand on the lower left.

Those outside the private room area also include the Lightening Flash that can be used to change the room back to normal from the silhouette or mirror modes. Additionally, players can activate the night mode to allow for another way to use the Lightening Flash.

Here's an interesting note.....and a very important one: You do not have to complete the HOS....you just need to open it and use one or more of the various hint buttons. So, to speedily accomplish this task......be outside the event rooms, enter a room, use your hints, close out of the room, open the room again (or another one) and continue this process until you've used 60 hints.

• Edited April 27, 2021 5:59 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 3
AEGram said:

Those outside the private room area also include the Lightening Flash that can be used to change the room back to normal from the silhouette or mirror modes. Additionally, players can activate the night mode to allow for another way to use the Lightening Flash. Here's an interesting note.....and a very important one: You do not have to complete the HOS....you just need to open it and use one or more of the various hint buttons. So, to speedily accomplish this task......be outside the event rooms, enter a room, use your hints, close out of the room, open the room again (or another one) and continue this process until you've used 60 hints.

Just looked and I have 478 of the Lightning Flash, now I know how I'm going to finish this task................thanks AEGram!!

AEGram

Apr-27

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom) said:

Just looked and I have 478 of the Lightning Flash, now I know how I'm going to finish this task................thanks AEGram!!

Easy peasy with 478 of the Lightning Flash! .....just open an HOS...if it changes, use the Flash to change it back. Open it again, if regular, use another hint and go to another room. Should be able to finish in a matter of minutes.

In reply toRe: msg 5
LvlSlgr

Apr-27

I'm not doing it the "'easy" way for a couple of reasons. My supply of the hints are limited since my game was reset to Level 1 about a year ago. So I'll spread it out between the available hints. Also it really won't hurt me to do the HOS in the private rooms where I get 250 coins for each - except for the first Spring room. Besides the coins, I'm accumulating airship items and other Spring items. Those extra Spring items can be converted to shards when the Spring event is done.

In reply toRe: msg 3
WeekleyB2

Apr-27

I did that trick the first time....but now I can’t get any HOS to show the lightning flash hint—no mirror, night, or picture mode at all.  I’ve switched night mode off and on, switched lands and rebooted the game, but no effect.

What makes it challenging  is I have just under 60 of the other two hints so I hope I can get enough. 

In reply toRe: msg 5

Well in the end I completed the task just hitting the Hint button while doing the Private Rooms, didn't even use the other hints. I am going to remember you're advice for the next CC where an event isn't involved. Thanks again for the tip!!

OK, sorry for asking but do you have any Lightning Flashes in your inventory?

WeekleyB2

Apr-28

Yes, 100+. Fair question.