Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Midnight Castle   Achievements and Musings

Started Jun-11 by SHANERUSTON; 940 views.
SHANERUSTON

Jun-11

I hope that someone out there can answer this. Like everyone else (I'm guessing), I'm stuck at Level 106. On my list of friends, there is someone called John (no I.D.)  who is on Lever 121. How is this possible?

LvlSlgr

Jun-11

Hello Shaneruston, our expert who keeps us updated about the game is AEGram. So to answer you questions I'm repeating from things she has posted. Much easier than trying to explain it myself.

First  about Level 106 (This is from something I posted earlier to the same question by another member.) -

The following is from the MC Game Guide thread in the forum by AEGram - 

LEVEL 106
Genie - Visit Jewels Table & Look in Gnome Safe
Genie - Check out Old Turnstile & Example of Bravery (3500) 
Genie - I have nothing for you right now. Take your wishes elsewhere.            617/8480 into level

This brings us up to date with all of the character quests. When new game content is released, I will erase this post and continue with the Level 106 character quests .... 

You can always find how far the latest update takes you by checking the following -

In the Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice folder (on the left-hand side) you will see a folder called "COMPLETE INDEX - Tips, Tricks and Guides". Click on that. 

This opens a new window (at least it does for me) for that thread/discussion. Next click on the "Complete Midnight Castle Game Guide" link in red. 

Again, this opens a new window for that discussion -

At this point click on the last page - in this case it's 12.  When you get to the last page scroll to the bottom to see information about the last update. 

AEGram does a fantastic job of keeping us all aware whenever we have an update.

Now about your friend John - 

May-29

John used to be called "Just John." 

He's merely a computer generated friend exclusively for the purpose of introducing that feature (Friends) of the game. Every once in awhile, his level is increased when the game progresses to allow players to reach the level on which he currently resides. 

I can even remember that somewhere around the 60's, his level wasn't changed and players were actually able to go past his level. I believe that's when he went from 60-something to the current 121.

SHANERUSTON

Jun-12

Many thanks for clearing that up so, I can delete John with no repercussions?

oiuoiu321

Jun-12

The problem is that John doesn't have a trash can icon to delete him.

Also, he will occasionally gift you something you have on your wishlist.  So you might want to keep him just for that.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-12

No need to delete him! He will just sit there and gift you occasionally.

However, you are under no obligation to ever gift HIM!

SHANERUSTON

Jun-13

Yes, I found out that he cannot be deleted. I've been returning gifts when 'he' sent something to me in the past, I'll stop doing that now. Thank you so much for your response, it has been very much appreciated.

AEGram

Jun-20

SHANERUSTON said:

Many thanks for clearing that up so, I can delete John with no repercussions?

Just a little nostalgia (mine) about Mr. "just" John. 

I was a very novice player in the beginning of the game....no friends (other than John) until I was in the 30's, didn't know how/where the rosettes/flowers were or how to collect him, didn't know how to "move the knights" for the achievement, didn't pay attention to the down arrows to find the Troll and Dragon for like forever.....But I digress...

When John first showed up on my social page, I totally missed that the game was trying to tell me about friends in the game. At that time, I was very outraged that a friend had just "appeared" uninvited and had expensive items on his wish list, expecting me to gift them to him, when I was still at such a far level below him.

I tried numerous times to try to delete him. I wished at numerous times I could delete him!

Now I understand why he's there and how he got there. But the frustration at his arrival in the beginning  was maddening! 

In reply toRe: msg 7
misstracy22

Jun-20

I’m nodding in total agreement while reading your post. The things we learn and things we forget. Thank you you for for bringing a knowing smile to my face. 

hugs, Tracy kissing_heart