Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Puzzles   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Jul-7 by Diannef130; 1080 views.
Diannef130

Jul-7

Has this happened to anyone else?  I needed a certain item to complete a quest.  I played three puzzles before I finally won that item along with all but the last prize.  When I collected my items, the only thing that went to my inventory was gold coins!!! THAT was very frustrating!!

oiuoiu321

Jul-7

This is frustrating.  It's important to read the paragraph that pops up.  You only get one free miss.  If you miss again, you only get the coins.  So if you miss once and then win something you want to keep, be sure to quit before you miss again.

Diannef130

Jul-8

Thanks for your response.  I thought sure that I did it correctly but I guess I couldn't have.  

oiuoiu321

Jul-8

You're welcome. 

It is possible, of course, that you did do it correctly and the game glitched on you.  That would be SO annoying!  But I've found that usually it's me who goofed.  Better luck next time!

AEGram

Jul-8

Just as clarification:

IF on the first guess, you guess correctly, guess again UNTIL YOU MISS. Then the game will prompt you asking if you want to continue and jeopardize what you've already won.

IF on the first guess, you miss. The message will present asking if you want to continue. Of course you want to continue because you've earned no item yet (only coins, which you always get to keep)....so, guess again. HOWEVER, if you win that second time, you must quit.

Because if you miss (see the message asking if you want to continue), then get an item....the next option in the game is to "play" or "get" the item. It doesn't remind you that you've already had your free chance.

So, if you miss, see the message, play again and win, AND THEN PLAY AGAIN, and LOSE, you will only get the coins when you close out of the puzzles.

Another little "gotcha" in the puzzles....IF it says you've won that first item and you then lose it because you forgot you already missed and used your free play, you will not be able to play for that item until the puzzle in which you "won" but lost the item has cooled down. The game considers that you've won the item even though you "gambled it away."

In reply toRe: msg 5
Wendulka

Jul-12

Sometimes i get absent minded and forget that i've already missed once, forget to quit after winning that first item and then i feel very annoyed with myself after losing all of it, like AEgram said
In reply toRe: msg 5
Diannef130

Jul-18

Thanks for the explanation.  That must be what I did.

AEGram

Jul-18

It's really unfortunate for how the puzzles present.....

When you lose the first time, the message presents that you have a free play left.

However, if you then win.....it only shows you the "play" button. 

It's easy to hit that "play" button instead of the "get" button to take your item you won and "run."

One thing I have noticed, though......IF you lose and then win......and IF you hit the "play" button by mistake. You can close out the puzzle area and not actually select a hand. When you close it out, since you haven't guessed (right or wrong), you still get that item you won.