Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

really shameful, devs   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-12 by Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1); 7800 views.

Devs, are you as bored with working on this game as some of us are playing it?

No updates in a long time?

No technical fixes (please wait, repeating DQs, Trina imbalance, freezing, etc, etc, ad nauseum)

Nothing at all to indicate that anything is happening with this game ---- oh, wait, you WERE ABLE to put up the "sale" banner.

If you ---- the development team ---- just plan to leave things as they are until the next round of repeating "events", why not bring this fantastic classic to some sort of dignified end? Where we could opt to replay it? And see an ending of sorts?

But allowing this wonderful game to wither into obscurity and irrelevance is inexcusable.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-12

In this game we have always been in the summer "doldrums"

It is easy to forget how far we have "traveled"to reach the dizzy heights of the top level, or how thrilling this has ben.

All credit to the Developers for staying with us for so long.

Sorry, I am NOT referring to the "summer doldrums" ---- not at all. I am referring to the lack of attention to the game for a very long time ---- no attention to the tech problems, nothing but begging for money.

Not to mention the repetitive "events" that offered nothing really different at all. So, except for the last update, there has not been anything significant in terms of developer contributions at all.

I FULLY realize how sensitive you and others are to ANY comment about the game or developers that is anything not full of praise, kowtowing, bowing, and complimenting ---- but that graveyard whistling will not serve you well when they pull the plug. And, keep in mind, Elephant has already stopped developing HOPAs. The writing on the wall becomes clearer every day, and I just wish the developers would not allow the game to slowly and pitifully lurch to the finish line. It has been too good a game for far too long to be treated as shabbily as is being done.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-12

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

I just wish the developers would not allow the game to slowly and pitifully lurch to the finish line.

What then would you prefer? The alternative is just just stopping overnight with no warning like they did with Sunken Secrets a couple of years ago in mid update? We then either start another game but without the excitement or just play repetitively what is still available until our two Trina tasks are achieved? (Personally I am too old for that!)

No, as I said, a conclusion to the story would be great ---- then offer a replay option with in game purchases still available.

I do know that Elephant/Big Fish pulled the plug quite unceremoniously on "Found" as well ---- and I am fearful they would think zero of doing that here. As to Trina and DQs ---- like you, I am too old to have ever bothered with those. And I hope they don't just leave it hanging out there but I'm wondering if that is what they will do. 

As I said, it is such a fabulous game that it deserves a proper conclusion. After all, (as so many here refuse to see) due to the developer inattention to the game, it is really, truthfully, starting to show its age. So I imagine time will take care of it, as it does to us all sooner or (hopefully) later. LOL

Honeyphan

Jul-12

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

And, keep in mind, Elephant has already stopped developing HOPAs.

Jenny, are you sure about that? Where did you hear that?

Because BigFish is still releasing new games from that dev. from what I can tell...

I hope this means the Christmas Stories games won't be a thing of the past - I so look forward to the new one each year!

• Edited July 12, 2021 4:21 pm  by  Honeyphan

Yes, I'm sure ---- of course they will release the games already in the works.

**** sending you a PM ****

Di (amina046)

Jul-12

If you think the Devs are bored, imagine how many of us feel when we see one of your periodic rants.

I love our great Devs, so go have a drink you old grouch and cheer up !

I'm having a hard time understanding why you think my having an opinion different from yours would have anything to do with "having a drink" (unless alcohol is a personal demon of yours), or being on a "rant", or "cheering up" ---- your post only shows who is REALLY angry, and it isn't me. You seem unable to be the least bit civil, and I really I don't see why you would care what I think one way or the other.

Grow up, and act your age.

--

(devs with a capital D! LOL)

Like all of us here, I love MC.  Unintentionally, that game has seen me through some very tough times.  I started playing January 2014 and began a second game in August 2016 just to document the dialog.  Sometimes I feel I know more about the castle and its characters than I do my own family.

That said, MC is old technology.  In a world where technology changes every day, 7 years is a very, very long time.  If you compare MC to a G5 game or even the one Honeyphan plays (The Panic Room), it becomes clear how old MC is.  I play a G5 game and it's graphics are beyond beautiful.  There's always something new and interesting and no sooner has one update finished than a new one begins.  

We are died hard fans of MC and we understand how the game is played.  But to younger players it might not be so appealing to wait around months and months for another update.  They're used to instant gratification and newer games tend to satiate that need.

I also played another BF game, Dark Manor.  I loved that game.  One day I clicked on the game to play it and....nothing.  I couldn't understand what was wrong, so I went into the forum to see if any info was posted.  Sure enough, BF just unceremoniously dumped Dark Manor.  They didn't just not update it anymore, they deleted it altogether.  I won't lie, I do worry that MC will suffer that same fate.

I hope with all my heart the devs find a way to improve MC and keep it going forever.  I hope they get back to the main characters and flesh out more of their background stories.  I hope they circle back to the original storyline and add less oddities that have nothing to do with the castle and its inhabitants.  I hope MC, retooled and renewed, continues forever.