Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 132488 views.

I thought the movie was great! And I did not find out until years later that Mary Steenburgen and Malcom MacDowell fell in love on the set and got married. (there's today's trivia lol)

I think the ladder thing is where I got ---- we are the same game level but I am still stuck on Treasure Island. I never knew that playing ahead would make it harder to progress in the story!

Honeyphan

Jun-1

Thanks for the trivia! I love hearing about real-life romances/marriages that developed on set between the hero/heroine of the show/movie. : )

New event in The Hidden Treasures ---- Spring Fair. So far, I am completely underwhelmed. Story is boring, prizes are minimal, M3s have a new and uninteresting mechanic.

But I'm loving the Sherlock event!

Honeyphan

Jun-3

Thanks for the heads-up, Jenny!

The magic dice in the M3s of Hidden Treasures are like the hot air balloons that rise to the top and must be gotten rid of, but at least they don't count against you if you don't get them in time...

In Sherlock- I was so excited to see that one of the M3s had the bunnies! :))) lol

Yeah, I'm such a kid at heart...

Started another one that looks interesting - Twin Moons. I like that to get into the HOS you have to first do activities, like in the HOPA paid games, with nary a clue to find what is needed (unless you ask with the hint button, which like all G5 games is an earned thing) ...but the activities sorta remind me of the Nancy Drew games - sorta. Those adventure games are really hard, since there is little to no guidance as you go along and so much deduction of what the puzzles are and where to find the clues - a lot of thought goes into figuring things out - but it is oh so fun! I have all of them but the last few and am hoping Bigfish offers them again soon - or Steam.... hmmm.... I wonder if bluestacks has them...I should check that out!

In reply toRe: msg 656
Honeyphan

Jun-4

Okay, so in Coastal Hill there is a button with an arrow that you can click to continue with main story and not get lost in all the subplot/side tasks. It is the coolest thing - it takes you directly to the next quest of that line. I wish all G5 games would do that so we don't always have to scroll to find the main thread of diary story! lol It gets so cluttered with all the extra tasks, it gets difficult to see the forest for the many many many trees all around! lol

I wonder if there is a suggestion box or anything like that for G5 games...

No, but there should be. I did not realize until too late how to stick with the main story ---- so now, although I am at level 33 in Hidden City, I have not not even completed the first investigation, and now, to do that, they want me to find 22 hidden objects at a place called the "station" (with lights out, no less) and that's not going to happen in the 3 minutes they allow. So ---- essentially because it was so unclear as to what to do, where to go, etc. that game is ruined.

The same is true for The Hidden Treasures ---- but I might find my way back on that one since the chore requirements stay the same.

Fortunately they were more clear as to what to do in Sherlock ---- but I am still on Treasure Island whereas you are on EA Poe, yet we are the same level.

So, IMO, they are shooting themselves in the foot due to a lack clear directions, and your suggestion should be followed

Honeyphan

Jun-4

If the pause-and-play method doesn't work for you, you could take a screenshot and pause game that way - but use a lighter first, so the scene will be well-lit. That's what I do - but also, the night scenes usually give you 5 minutes and not 3. That helps a lot, so I don't always use the lighters from them, once I learn the area well and where the items generally would be.

Or if you don't want to use the pause method - then just build up enough lighters to get through the scene. : )  I wish I could send you some of mine if you need them - I have over 130 right now - but there is no way to do that in gifting from what I've seen.

• Edited June 4, 2022 5:36 pm  by  Honeyphan

Truth be told, I don't really know why I mess with Hidden City. There is so much interruption ---- do this, play that, go there, stay here, gather these, etc. that it is very confusing to me. Heck, I'm so far behind in the story with the demands so high (21 objects in 1:30!!) that I just have been totally demotivated by the game itself. I'm only at level 31 or so and still sort of unsure what to do. But I try to gift every day although I'm still not sure what I'm doing there.

And, while I'm at it, have you noticed how cheap and minimal the rewards are in The Hidden Treasures event?

But I am really enjoying Sherlock ---- about 30% through my 2nd trip to Oz ---- then can finally do 20K Leagues ---- plus I am liking the time travel event (saving up the entry items to give a big push in a couple days ---- got 800 of them saved up!)

But I will offer this comment about ALL the G5 games ---- it seems the developers think that as far as M3 goes, we are all super expert players. I enjoy M3, but am no expert, and I think the devs should ease up on the difficulty of M3. I've have always said that making a game harder does NOT make it more fun.

Honeyphan

Jun-12

On Hidden City - I may be leveled up at 137, but I am waaaayy behind in the story. I think I am only on case 4 or 5 of main story. lol And I usually only dabble in them when a daily challenge has me do low level areas or something like that.

My big beef with Hidden City is how many times I get the runtime error, which causes game to freeze and then I have to log back in. Sometimes it gives me a choice of how my computer left it and how they left it and lets me check mark which applies - that is fine. By check-marking the first box, I get all the rewards I earned that way, before having gotten kicked out of game.

But when that chart doesn't show up - I lose all the rewards I just earned -as if I never played that HOS before getting kicked out - but even worse, if I went somewhere where I had to pay tokens to get in - like the event area - I lose those too. They are not returned to me. So I lose my rewards and my tokens and my energy - as if I lost the HOS. They really need to fix that...

But one thing they have fixed - it no longer takes 3 - 5 minutes for game to load - yay! - now it goes into it almost immediately, like it does for the other G5 games. : )

On Hidden Treasures - I know what you mean about the rewards the gifts give - they are hardly worth it. And the chests aren't much better. So now I just play every day, only to get the daily rewards, gift friends, and open the sparkling totem to get the tokens for the Match 3 event. That I play once a day, with those free tokens, because they are usually fun and I like the music. If I really like the Match 3, like the bunny - then I play a few locales to get more tokens to play more Match 3 - but I don't play the events anymore on Hidden Treasures to win.

Sherlock- ah, yes, love that game. I understand how you feel about the Match 3 - what I usually do is when I have free energy, I go battle a difficult one, just to try to win it - man vs. machine - lol - but at least we have the Hidden Object to fall back on if they get too hard. I am nearing the end of the Edgar Allen Poe quests and assume from there I'll go to one of my least favorites - the one with the demons (can't remember the name of the book, but it is of Asian origin if I recall correctly) - though with the back and forth the story does, they might send me to a book I've been to before...

I have really enjoyed playing Seeker's Notes (by Mytona), June's Journey, and Paula's Peril (by Wooga) - you should give those a try. : ) I think you might like them... (If you do join June's Journey and progress in level, be sure and join "The Colour Purple" when you get to the group events. That's the one I'm in.) Seeker's  Notes does have a lot of "buy me" ads but that is what the x in the corner is for, and at least there you get rewards and energy for watching the short ads you can allow (they give you a choice at the beginning of tutorial of game), many of which introduce new games (I have 3 on my list I might try)... I strongly recommend checking the box that allows the ads - total sum, I have gotten thousands in energy that way - and rewards that are part of inventory too. Also they have ads that allow a % off on energy to enter the HOSes and added time in the puzzles - which is really needed as you progress... If I don't like an ad, I take those 25 seconds to rest my eyes, take a drink of my tea/milk/lemonade, or even do a little spot-cleaning of my desk. lol Or I switch to another Firefox window to check my email or other things.. Oh - and I love the music on Seeker's Notes - it is the same in one of the paid-for games I have, but I'm not sure which one - sometimes I even let it run in background while I am playing Hidden City, so as to hear that music instead. lol

Coastal Hill is also fun, though I am playing that one in spurts. The HOS can be a bit difficult, but I take a lot of screenshots so as not to lose. lol It reminds me a bit of Wanderland, in the setup. I am still trying to figure out the friend thing - but I think I have realized that every time you log on, you appear on your friends' game map with gifts of energy, experience, or coins... (**anyone who plays Coastal Hill - can you verify this? I am still uncertain how to gift the friends who have joined my list and what that all entails...)

• Edited June 12, 2022 3:32 pm  by  Honeyphan
Cyberfox277

Jun-12

Yes, Sherlock is really improving, the only thing I loved about that game in the beginning was the music, but it's getting better and better grinning

HC on the other hand confused I was visiting my friends, it crashed, I was playing the monthly quest, it crashed worried And of course I've lost everything, come on G5 angry