Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Lost All Achievements and Inventory.....   Achievements and Musings

Started Aug-21 by 1MagentaRose; 887 views.
1MagentaRose

Aug-21

I almost gave up on this game after losing everything for the 3rd time since starting this game in 2014.

This is what I lost recently when I updated the MC Castle Challenge in April 2021 and the game crashed.  ALL Achievements, all items in every inventory category i.e. 3 pages of pets, 1000+ items in first category, 1000+ each stamp, all crafted items, all eggs, all airship items, all special event items, amulet, all room furniture in every room, all avatars, all completed jigsaws. I was back to LEVEL 1 again.

I reached out to bigfish and they kindly gave me coins, diamonds, a few pets, stamps and airship items and they were able to get back my Level to 97 but without all of the above. I did have a back up copy of my saved game before it crashed but was told it could corrupt the game, so it could not be used.

So, after several months of brooding I returned to the Castle only to be greeted by Trina wanting  in the first 3 quests: 2 airships sent, then 20 gifts to friends!!!  Luckily this time I DID not lose all my friends.

So enough ranting..... back to the Castle!!! 

LvlSlgr

Aug-21

MagentaRose, I know what you mean. I've been there two times. The first time was in April 2019 when my game was "hijacked". That's when I started do weekly backups. Then in April 2020 my game went back to Level 1 as if I had just started a new game. Lost everything. I tried restoring from the backup but it wouldn't take. BigFish restored coins and diamonds but very little inventory. I've vowed that if it happens again, I'm done with the game.

Good luck!

1MagentaRose

Aug-21

I think this proves I'm a glutton for punishment LvlSlgr !! I've also had to restart "Found" and "Wanderland" several times also after losing everything and starting again at Level 1. It always happens at high levels too between Level 95 to Level 120. I don't play "Found" anymore.

I was close to the Achievement of finishing Trina's quests and the 3, 5, 10 day quests,  but I'm now back to the beginning. I doubt I'll live long enough to finish Trina's quests now - chuckle :) 

LvlSlgr

Aug-21

1MagentaRose said:

I was close to the Achievement of finishing Trina's quests and the 3, 5, 10 day quests,  but I'm now back to the beginning. I doubt I'll live long enough to finish Trina's quests now - chuckle :) 

I'm with you there. I really don't pay any attention to them anymore. I just do what I can and that's it.

1MagentaRose

Aug-21

LvlSlgr said:

I'm with you there. I really don't pay any attention to them anymore. I just do what I can and that's it.

Good idea blush

Azurina

Aug-27

that completely sucks!

Q - how can someone hijack your game? I see several people say this.

thanks

Azurina

LvlSlgr

Aug-27

Azurina said:

how can someone hijack your game?

Noticed that I put the word "hijacked" in quotes. The other player doesn't really "hijack" your game - that's just what we call it. They aren't even aware that anything has happened. Apparently, it's a glitch with the server that happens from time to time where you open your game and it's no longer your game. With mine the only thing that was the same was my ID code and my friends. I had a different name and all of my inventory, level, coins, shards, avatars, achievements - you name it - were different from what I had previously. The real problem was that other player was at a lower level and had a lot less than I had. BigFish restored my level, coins, and some of my inventory but they didn't restore my avatars, event inventory, achievements and other things. It was very frustrating.

Azurina

Sep-6

what if you had screenshots of all the loot? do you think they would have restored it all then?