Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Airship Misery   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Sep-13 by 1MagentaRose; 2281 views.
LvlSlgr

Sep-16

AEGram said:

Have you contacted Big Fish or Elephant Games for game restoration?

Oh yes ... both. The first time with the "hijack" (2019) BF restored a lot of what I had records of. However, they didn't restore the avatars I had received from the CCs and I had ALL of them. That was the most upsetting thing to me. I contacted EG and they didn't do anything other than commend me on being such a faithful player. I responded to that email a few days later asking again if they could help but I didn't get any response.

After that problem, I started backing up my game weekly.

The second time when my game went back to Level 1 as a new game (2020), I tried to restore from the backup but it didn't work. I contacted Dhyani since she seems to be our "expert" on this. We spent at least 2 hours on the phone and nothing we did worked.

So I contacted BF again. They restored my level (highest at that time), coins, diamonds, energy balls, etc. But they didn't restore any of my crafted items (amounting to about 6 million if cashed in) or eggs (amounting to about 4 million). None of the regular inventory, shards, etc. Honestly, I was seriously thinking about just quitting the game, but they restored ALL of the avatars from the CCs. That is the only I've continued with the game. No, I didn't contact EG this time since they didn't do anything to help me the first time.

I can tell you this much - I'm probably jinxing myself - if I have another problem like either of these I will l definitely quit the game.

Gardendiva3

Nov-6

I'm still trying to figure out why I would want shards.  Can't find anything that describes specifically what benefit shards are to the player.

Also why send ships for a measly bag of pet food?  I must be missing something here!  I would rather sell my air ship items for coins as I am still a newbie.

Lastly - what benefit are steering wheels?

Thanks for all of your answers.

Reb  

Hirento

Nov-6

Gardendiva3 said:

I'm still trying to figure out why I would want shards. Can't find anything that describes specifically what benefit shards are to the player. Also why send ships for a measly bag of pet food? I must be missing something here! I would rather sell my air ship items for coins as I am still a newbie. Lastly - what benefit are steering wheels? Thanks for all of your answers. Reb

Shards- I suppose one might call them another kind of currency. You pay for items in the game with them, just as you do with coin and Diamonds. It's just that the items are not "useful" as such, the furniture in the Private Rooms can be bought for shards, but the furniture itself has no practical use.

Also, many Achievements can be obtained by some form of using shards. The Furniture finder (or whatever it is called), and the ultimate one - where you need to find/get 50000 shards. And then there is the Trina quests, if you like doing them (terribly boring IMO so I don't usually do them). Some of her quests call for shards, others she wants Steering wheels.

Airship - some get airship items and sell directly for coin.

Some use the airship items to send the airship for coin -  pack the crates; get coin.  When you click "Send the airship" you also get steering wheels and  some stamps or pet food in addition.

Steering wheels is used by Trina - who knows why she wants them...

And the Airship is just one more "thing to do" in the game. One more type of challenge or quest.

Susanna502MC

Nov-7

Also, the Daily Quests (Gnome) sometimes require you to send airship. There are Achievements related to the Daily Quests, Trina, and the airship. Trina gives you the keys needed to open the private rooms and furniture. The Daily Quests change at new day, but Trina's quests don't change until you meet all the requirements which may include airships/wheels or shards. So if you don't do shards or airships, you can't open the private rooms. That means you can't do the seasonal event HOS.

You'll want shards in the future, that is if you hope to decorate your private rooms but more importantly, if you want to get any of the Achievements that require completing quests for Trina.  No rush, but you most likely will want shards if you stay with the game.

Here ya go...a little light reading. lol

MC Game Guide [midnightcastle 109.1] (delphiforums.com)