Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Optimizing Trina   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Oct-9 by Tannie2018; 743 views.
Tannie2018

Oct-9

What level do you think would best optimize Trina's demands? If you could go back and stay at a level that would make either Trina or the DQ's easier, what level do you think that would be?

Years ago, I read a forum post that someone claimed level 36 was the optimized level. I think that was for the DQ's and probably before shards.

I now have this choice since my game reset to level one after finishing all achievements except Trina's 5k achievement. I also lost my postcards making the last 2,000 an almost impossible task. But, what keeps me in the game is working on achievements, and I now have the ability to try to maximize them.

AEGram

Oct-9

Tannie, I cannot remember at what level you have sufficient HOS open that you can do in one hour so that when you complete the last one, the first one is ready for your re-entry. But, you would want to get to that point.

Also, when you advance in levels, the wheels you get from the airship increases, which requires more items to be packed (you receive 3 wheels for every item you pack, so an airship delivering 300 wheels will require the packing of 100 items in total).

So, I would first want to be at a level where I can continue to play all available HOSs ....none in excess. And I would hope that the airship wheel count would be somewhere between 150 and 200.

I long ago computed that (in my game) ... to maintain a balanced quantity of airship items, I needed to do 3.5 full rounds between each airship sending. If you only have about 60 HOSs opened, you can do those within one hour.

However, the the airship area is increasingly against the player.....as you advance in levels, you're requested to pack more items. The premise is that you have more HOSs opened from which to get those airship items. .....HOWEVER, there's a finite amount of HOSs I can do in one hour. We currently have 177 HOSs opened (which, by the way would take me nearly 3 hours to do one round)......but, the airship is delivering wheels in excess of 400....today I got one for 465!!!!! ...... That's 165 wheels more than Trina has ever requested in her quests....That's 55 items more required than I need to pack....and there's no compensation for retaining the excess wheels.

We've begged the Devs to limit the amount of wheels the airship will deliver....put a cap on it (like it capped the amount of scenes, zz, wheels, postcards, and shards in Trina's quests. But it's fallen on deaf ears.

• Edited October 9, 2021 5:18 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 2
Tannie2018

Oct-9

I was thinking that too. That would be about Cloud City. But then I was thinking there's be no Blue Key Quests, no special pets, and no Ice Breath. Not sure how necessary those are, but I sure did rely on them, especially the BKQ.

If people were to go back in time and stop leveling, what level do they think would be best for them?

AEGram

Oct-9

Tannie2018 said:

But then I was thinking there's be no Blue Key Quests, no special pets, and no Ice Breath. Not sure how necessary those are, but I sure did rely on them, especially the BKQ.

I'm not the correct person to ask about the Blue Key Quests because my opinion of them is far different from others. I respect the explanations from others and I don't say they're wrong, but in my mind, their logic is flawed. In the Daily Quests, you're never asked to give the character an item. True, they ask you to open a ZZ and you lose the items required to open that ZZ, but that's the same with the Side Quests. If a Side Quest character asks you for the Torch, when you get it from the Crypt and complete the other task, that Torch is removed from your inventory.

Some use the Side Quests to get a Destiny Key they can convert to a shard....but if they added up the shard value for the inventory they lost to get that single Destiny Key, they'd find they actually gave away items worth more shards than the single one they received from the Destiny Key.

Destiny Keys, of course, are required for getting the game items from the Ghostly Chest, and for getting the Exclusive Pets from the chest. Other than that, there is no real need for them...you get the Exclusive Food free randomly at HOS completion like you do the other pet food once you get the first Exclusive pet. 

The Exclusive Pets themselves......it's true that you can get 10 items from their Crystal Chest, which include airship items. The airship items help a LOT toward sending the airship for Trina, DQs, and for CCs. But, when you feed the pet, you aren't guaranteed that you will get the Crystal Chest. Also, I've received as few as 3, 4, 5 airship items and the rest of the items are shards or coin bundles. So, you aren't even guaranteed a high quantity of airship items if you actually do get the Crystal Chest. And the coin bundles are only for 200 coins; gold chests yield 400 coins per bundle. ..............so, the Exclusive Pets are nice to have, but don't offer that much player advantage.

Regarding the Ice Breath.....again, my opinion differs from the masses. I got Magic Miser without one Ice Breath disenchanting. I would never participate in the swapping of them. If players would just have 100 friends, play the event rooms of those friends who display an event room (not all of them will), and play as many each day as they have time for.......they will amass a great amount of coins, pet food, stamps, AND event inventory. I usually get at least 1500 of the items you can trade with the children. There are a varying amount of items, but each event has at least 6..... Even if you save 500 of each... 1000 x 6 is 6000 shards from those items alone during just the one event. PLUS, for Christmas, the Christmas Cards are worth 3 shards each! Collect the morphs and you will get a lot of them. 

Last year, I disenchanted all of my 5 different Christmas Cards down to about 100 each. During the event, I collected 500+ more of each of them. That's 500 x 5 = 2500 cards x 3 = 7500 shards for Christmas cards alone! Spring items -- The Rattle, Recipe Book, Top Hat, Bow Tie, the Reg Egg, Blue, Egg, and Golden Egg are all worth 3 shards each. I could go on, but check the event items to see which ones are worth more than one shard. 

I got Magic Miser just by disenchanting event inventory during one set of events .... Fall, Winter, Spring.

So are Side Quests/Blue Destiny Keys, Exclusive Pets, Ice Breath necessary and essential.......I don't think so. Others will differ in opinion. But that's how it computes in my brain.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Tannie2018

Oct-10

I used the Blue Key Quests because I was lazy. I could visit a hos 20 times before it could/would give me a zz item, but using the bkq, the item was guaranteed. So I only used them when Trina wanted zz's. Of course, this eventually caught up with me when my airship items decreased to less than 200 each, so just before I lost my game, I started doing the endless rounds of hos for them which was quite boring to me. Coin, shards, and inventory didn't matter to me because I either had way more than I would ever need, or in the case of inventory, didn't need.

AEGram

Oct-11

Tannie2018 said:

I used the Blue Key Quests because I was lazy. I could visit a hos 20 times before it could/would give me a zz item, but using the bkq, the item was guaranteed.

This is true....if you're sent to a location to get an item by a DQ or a Side Quest, you're guaranteed to get that item.....IF....you don't have any in inventory.

Since I have a little over 270 of Torch, Rune Stone, Murderer's Eye, Winged Amulet, Shard of Soul, and Forged Key alone, that strategy doesn't work for me. 

Over the years, I built up a "generous" amount of inventory so I could focus on the DQs and Trina when I had all other achievements completed. Unfortunately, the huge demand on airship items as you get to the higher levels has done me in.....I literally cannot play enough HOSs in a day to accommodate the sending of an airship that's 465 wheels!!!!! .....so, I send them off empty and hope for one that's closer to 300.

Again....as you level up, though, the airships that deliver close to 300 - 321 wheels are rare.

To add insult to injury, the Devs changed Trina's quests at the Spring 2021 download so that she only asks for wheels, shards, HOSs, and ZZs....

Shard requests in the beginning were reduced to 50...they've climbed up to 56 for now. But, she asks for wheels about 56% of the time. The Devs attempts to make it easier for players, actually makes it harder.

We tried for years on the BF forum to suggest modifications to the airship area increasing the wheels with each level the player advances....we suggested putting a cap on the number of wheels an airship would deliver, we suggested letting us pack x number of items in the crates, but doing it like when we trade with the children: choosing from which item we had the most of to keep them balanced. 

They don't listen to valid solutions that will actually help the players reach their already ridiculous 3000 and 5000 Golden Keys for those 2 achievements. I truly don't think any of the developers of this game actually play all the aspects of the game because they don't have a clue how to make changes to lessen the burden on players. 

I don't mind having achievements that you have to work for to achieve. After all, if they were all so easy to complete, they couldn't truthfully be called "achievements." However, having to work 5-8 years to complete one achievement is also not an achievement....it's an "impossible dream" to most players.