Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started 10/17/21 by Tennco (carlyMC); 31648 views.

Randy, I absolutely agree that no one should be playing the game that's been reset back to Level 1 once.  I know it's very difficult not playing, but better safe than sorry.

Having said that, here's my issues.  AllanaX7 posted a note sent through MC Mailman in October 2016 that if your game was reset back to Level 1, it may have something to do with moving the AppData file.  And I remember that.  It was around the time TazRuby posted on the old forum how to copy your game files in order to restore your game to a new computer.

Now the devs seem to be saying losing your game is due to the number of friends on your social tab.

Both reasons are ridiculous.  Neither has anything to do with a game not being saved.  The issue is either a flaw within the programming of the game or with the BF servers.  But they don't come here and tell us anything.  They know about this forum.  They used to post here.

I've been with BF for well over 12 years now, probably closer to 15 or 16.  As many of us are.  We deserve to be treated better.

Everyone who received an email either from EG or BF seems to get different info.  After 2 months, we should hear something directly from the dev.  Here at Delphi...not just on Facebook.

And I totally disagree with any fix being added to an upcoming Event.  The Fall Event never happened, so presumably the fix will be in the Winter Event.  If we even get that one.  My opinion is the update for the fix should be rolled out first.  Let's see how well it works on its own, before adding it to an Event update.  

I'm not a tech person and know very little about programming or computers, so I really don't know if this is a normal length of time or not.  I can tell you the only other time an update took this long was back in 2014 with the Level 18 lockout...players were locked out of their games in January 2014 and the update to fix it came out March 10, 2014.

While I completely disagree with their reasons for players losing their games and the way they've handled this situation, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this lengthy time away from the game fixes the issue once and for all.

LvlSlgr

Dec-4

Speaking as someone who was a programmer/analyst and also a database analyst with mainframe computers for over 20 years, I can tell you the hardest "glitch, bug," or whatever you want to call it, to find is one that isn't consistent. And that's what this one has been - inconsistent. Some people it wiped out their games right away, some played for days before having a problem, and some are still playing without any problems. So it's very hard to determine exactly what is causing the problem. Very often you may think you pinpointed it and changed something, and then test and test successfully. But ... oops! Just when you think that change fixed everything, you do one more test and discover it didn't. It's not fun and putting more stress on the developers really doesn't make it happen any faster. Just my opinion.

LvlSlgr

Dec-4

whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) said:

My opinion is the update for the fix should be rolled out first.  Let's see how well it works on its own, before adding it to an Event update.  

This is very true and something I've been thinking all along. I would never combine a "fix" with another update. 

Give them time? Sorry, imo, its been time enough. AND, if they need more time, then a generalized good will announcement to the players would be appropriate and the correct thing to do.

But ---- as I said before, and absolutely believe ---- playing their little secret games is counterproductive, totally silly, and completely disrespectful of the players who have invested their time and MONEY in this game. Don't want to announce an update? Fine ---- silly, but fine. But withholding information about a serious breakdown in the game is colossally rude and ---- yes ---- insulting.

And, just so we are clear ---- I have never said that the games should be restored, and I believe everyone should just stop playing until a fix is announced. I definitely have ---- in fact, I have never gone into the game since the problem arose. 

I respect the skills and abilities of the good people at Elephant to get the issue resolved but I disrespect the attitude of secrecy and lack of communication from the same group. It is uncalled for, rude, disrespectful, and insulting.

Erin7770

Dec-5

I suspect that they don't know what the problem is. I also think that as stated above, the original programmers are not the crew working on it now. I'm glad they put out an announcement on FB, though. 

Mara1022

Dec-5

Where on Facebook can I find this announcement?  Would someone please link me?  Thanks.

LvlSlgr

Dec-5

Mara, here's a link to the Facebook page with the Nov. 18th announcement.

https://www.facebook.com/midnightcastle/posts/4342048552590598

Or if you prefer not to go into Facebook, the content has been copied in this forum. You can find that at -

Saw this on Facebook Midnight Castle (delphiforums.com)

Mara1022

Dec-5

Thank you so much LvlSlgr. I've been wanting to check out that page for a while now.

Msg 4628.117 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 116

I was not aware of this announcement ---- which is good ---- but why only post it on Facebook where folks that are not enamored with social media will never see it? EG and BFG know we are here. 

AND, the announcement was what ---- almost 3 weeks ago? That's not keeping us posted, that's tossing a crumb.

EG and BFG have behaved in a shameful manner throughout this whole mess and have treated players that paid real money and invested valuable time like dirt. I know that many of the loyalists don't see it that way, and I know they get angry with me for having a point of view that differs from theirs ---- but I am looking at it realistically. The game suffered a massive failure, and the "fix" has taken entirely too long to happen. End of story.