Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started Oct-17 by Tennco (carlyMC); 28789 views.

MC was a beta game in late 2013.   Charlieisr would know more as she was playing it before it was officially released.

NewbieOne, just thought you'd like this link.  I gave a little of the history of MC here:

MC's 7th Anniversary **SPOILERS** (delphiforums.com)

TinyFaerie, we need cleanup in aisle 5 please...........................LOL!!

CC to TinyFaerie
TinyFaerie
Staff

Nov-11

My work is never done. LOL Dezombiefied!

In reply toRe: msg 24
1isalone

Nov-11

I have not received an email update from Elephant Games but I logged into Midnight Castle at 4 pm and have most of the stuff I asked to be replaced but not sure if they are done. My level is 104, coins, diamonds, shards, keys are there plus a lot of inventory. I will double check against the list I gave them. Hopefully, the update will come soon as that has not appeared for PC. I reported on 10/20 and received my first email 10/21 so it has taken 21 days for them to restore my game. 

I have not checked all the areas as I didn't want the game to crash but I will have to open my rooms and repurchase the furniture. Plus I didn't check HOS or all areas to see if they are open. Hope we can play soon. Update! Update! Update!

UPDATE: I went in and took photos of my inventory and checked the HOS. A few years ago I stopped trying to finish HOSs quickly so that I could have HOS with shorter times. The HOS that were maxed was in the Castle and 5 in the Town. All the others were in varying stages, which I should have told EG. All open areas' HOS are maxed out. Dang. I see some inventory items are not at the amounts I listed and I had created all pets but now show 5 that must be created. Since I have not received an email I am hoping they are not finished with my restore. Good luck to the ones still waiting.

UPDATE #2: I got the email from EG saying the restore was complete but when I went into MC many items I had requested had not been restored. They did give me extra coins, diamonds, and orbs I guess to help me replace what they did not. Therefore, do not be surprised if you don't get everything on your list. 

They do tell you to delete the content folder and save file (instructions provided); however, when I did that and logged into MC it started me with a new ID number and at the beginning with everything gone. Thankfully, the old content folder and save file was still in my Recycle Bin and I was able to put them back and now have the correct ID and the inventory that I had at 11/11/21 evening. I have emailed Maria back to let her know of this issue because I have seen others post that they were told the same thing. 

It is strongly recommended to not play until the update has been installed. Particularly avoid the Social tab, accepting gifts, and gifting. This may mean that they have narrowed down the issue to that area. Since it took so long to have my game restored I will not be opening the game until the update/fix comes through. Good Luck Everyone.

• Edited November 12, 2021 2:18 pm  by  1isalone
In reply toRe: msg 80

Surely everyone can see the handwriting on the wall ---- another week and not a syllable of information concerning MC from BFG or EG (I'm not talking about the personal emails some players get).

Seems pretty clear the game has reached its sad conclusion ---- what's it been, a month? And EG seems to have no clue, and BFG can't even get their new GM to work correctly for everyone. Really sort of pathetic. But mainly ---- inexcusable.

38kitkat

Nov-17

I totally agree!!  This is quite lame of the developers!

Billye (BillyeLH)

Nov-17

At least you can get in the game.  For over a month I get a message that my version is out of date and I need to download new version.  There isn't an update available either automatic or manual.  I have gotten the run around from BF for a month!