Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The newer HOS   Messages from the Heart

Started Oct-23 by Noni (Nonisgame2); 1476 views.
Noni (Nonisgame2)

Oct-23

I have been playing Midnight Castle for several years now, every day. Lately I have noticed that the cost of the new hos's are becoming more and more expensive. Also I find t hat the objects to find are getting smaller and smaller. Since I am 70 years old and my eye sight is not what it used to be, this makes the game almost impossible for me to complete. The castle is losing it's appeal for me. Playing This game is my way of unwinding from the day and I don't want to have to stop playing!

Does anyone else have this problem?

Robert (amf368)

Oct-24

The costs of things go up as you level up. My guess is they figure if you are at the higher levels you have played long enough to have plenty of resources. The size of things in the HOS screens vary in size to increase the difficulty. 

Noni (Nonisgame2)

Oct-24

Thank you Robert for answering my questions. I usually start out with a lot of resources, but as each new addition shows up, they get spent really fast. Unfortunately it would appear that there is nothing to be done about the size of the hidden objects.

Again I appreciate your taking the time to explain things to meee.

Moonki

Oct-25

I increase the size of my screen and search each section I find that helps. Monki

In reply toRe: msg 4
Noni (Nonisgame2)

Oct-25

Thank you. I didn't know you could do that, and I don't know how

AEGram

Oct-25

Noni (Nonisgame2) said:

Since I am 70 years old and my eye sight is not what it used to be,

Noni....please forgive me if I'm getting too personal.....but have you checked with an optometrist/ophthalmologist to see if you have cataracts?

I recently had cataract surgery in both eyes and the difference is absolutely amazing! 

I hadn't realized it until they did the first eye just how much the world was colored with a yellow tinge.

Having the clarity from the cloudy cataract removed has made the visibility in even the darkest scenes much clearer.

But, yes, the cost to open locations, HOSs, and ZZs has really increased as players level up. The last 2 updates were two of the most expensive ones. I do believe the developers think that since players are maxed out for 3-4 months that they must have amassed a great deal of coins to allow them to cover that cost. 

What the devs don't realize is that many players just don't have the desire to just play endless rounds; it's far more fun to be playing the new material and see the lovely new art work. 

That said, if you can play a moderate amount during the upcoming events (Fall and Winter are nearly upon us), you can gain a great deal of coins during those times. Many of the event rooms will give 250 coins when maxed out. That's the equivalent of  doing 5 rooms!

Regarding the size of the items...I've noticed sometimes they are very small and then the next time the scene is entered, that item may be very large. I believe that's also on purpose to help add variety to playing the scenes. I don't think the devs took into consideration that many of us are older and just don't see, hear, walk, think.....do anything nearly as clearly or as well as we did many years ago. blush

I don't believe PC players have an option to enlarge their screen, but many can purchase/use larger screens that makes items easier to see. On iPad, you can hold your thumb and finger together on the screen and spread those digits apart. That will increase the size, but only a portion of the scene will show. While it's enlarged, you can move the screen around to those other areas not visible.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Noni (Nonisgame2)

Oct-25

Thanks for your concern AEGram, I never take things too personal. As a matter of fact though, I have seen an Ophthamologist. I recently woke up to a detached retina. I have had surgery on my right eye and now I have silicone in that eye. I am going back to have that removed very soon and I am hoping my vision will be much improved!

I frequently go through all of the hos' just to build up my supply of coins and items. I have been playing for a number of years and I have always had enough to see me through. This time I haven't. No biggie, it is what it is and I will stop going through the new items and go back to doing all of the hos' until I build up my reserve again.

Thank you for your kind response!

Susanna502MC

Oct-26

I'm waiting for an appointment to (hopefully) get scheduled for cataract surgery. In the meantime, I don't play on my tablet or phone anymore. I replaced my laptop last year with a pc with a separate monitor. The monitor is bigger than my TV screen. lol

Noni (Nonisgame2)

Oct-26

Hmmm, you just gave me a great idea, if it will work. I play on a laptop, it occurred to me that I can attach that to my flat screen tv which will make the picture bigger! I hope! I'll let you know if this works

Good luck getting scheduled for the cataract surgery.

AEGram

Oct-28

Noni (Nonisgame2) said:

Thanks for your concern AEGram, I never take things too personal. As a matter of fact though, I have seen an Ophthamologist. I recently woke up to a detached retina. I have had surgery on my right eye and now I have silicone in that eye. I am going back to have that removed very soon and I am hoping my vision will be much improved!

Ohhhhhhhhhh, how I feel emotional pain for anyone with a detached retina!!!! My biggest fear is losing my eyesight...so much that I waited until I saw the next day results from the first cataract surgery before I'd consent to having the other eye done.

Hoping with all I have that your vision will be improved when the silicone is removed!