Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

datsalotta Excel spreadsheet to inventory your items   Technical Issues

Started Oct-25 by chilpep; 3145 views.
chilpep

Oct-25

datsalotta was kind enough to create an Excel spreadsheet to aid in creating your inventory.  I have attached it to this post for all to use.  If for some reason you cannot download it you can pm datsalotta or myself with your email and it will be emailed to you. Please note I do not check into the forum every day.

Thank you datsalotta.  You saved people a lot of work creating the spreadsheet! 

NOTE:  I have also posted this under  "Technical Issues - EG restoring my game Here is a link"

NOTE:  I have added carrots and ghost traps to this spreadsheet

• Edited November 2, 2021 1:17 pm  by  chilpep
datsalotta

Oct-25

I clicked on your link and it opened complete YAY !!

Will be good to know if, and how many, players are using this list to aid in their game recovery.

Thanks for this post chilpep ((*!*))

datsalotta

oiuoiu321

Oct-26

WOW datsalotta, so much work went into that.  Thanks so much for sharing! 

I haven't lost my game, but am afraid to play mine.  I hope to use your spreadsheet for peace of mind in case I lose it.

alliebdive

Oct-27

thank u so miuch datsalotta.  A lot of work!  Do you know if the Elephant devs are happy to take round numbers as per the spreadsheet for inventory.  I have 40 pages of it and i've gone through the event items, the eggs, the created items putting them in to the letter, but the general inventory is a bit daunting to say the least.  :) Not being greedy just a bit lazy and i wondered if it was easier for them to jut have lots to set to rather default numbers?????  

Allie

LadyDiFL

Oct-27

It amazes me how much work can be put into this game!  Your spreadsheet is unbelievable!  It must have taken several days.  I appreciate you and all your diligence with this work.  WOW!!

lilredhood51

Oct-27

the spread sheet is a good idea. I don't have excel on my computer. the link is trying to open in my browser. is there a generic form that you could save it in so that those of us who do not use excel could use this? I use libre office to open exel files. but it is not recognizing this one.

chilpep

Oct-27

Can you try this one?  I saved it as an open document spreadsheet.  Not familiar with libre and could not find the correct extension (which looked like it should be xlc)  Not sure if this will work.

NOTE:  I have added carrots and ghost traps to this spreadsheet

• Edited November 2, 2021 1:18 pm  by  chilpep
datsalotta

Oct-27

LadyDiFL:

Nice to know I have helped.

yes it took a few days to complete, so the more players downloading the link / receiving it by email,  the happier it makes me that my efforts are not wasted.

thanks to chilpep volunteering to make this possible

datsalotta

datsalotta

Oct-27

Lil red - Microsoft offers 1st month Office365 at no charge. Could u  give this a try?

once you get the file complete, it is probably best to revise it to correctly depict your game. This list   I made is for Level 111.

I also have it in my browser, handy place for sharing

datsalotta

datsalotta

Oct-27

Alliebdive -

Can’t say for sure what EG expects /wants

Last time I submitted an excel spreadsheet was 2017. A daunting task, especially items, as you know. Truly I submitted best guesstimates. That was sent to BFG. They restored items the same as I submitted.

I have not had my game restored as yet from the 2021 Level 111 list sent to EG, still waiting. I figure “no news is good news” . Once restored, I can better answer your questions.

And yes, I rounded up the quantity on all items in my list.

The excel list link is available to everyone in this forum. Chilpep and myself are here pretty much daily to assist if need be. So try the link and copy inventory items from there into your spreadsheet. I already spent the time required, no sense you and others should not benefit.

please let us know if the link downloads complete

datsalotta ((*!*))