Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

big fish game mgr update & MC   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started 11/16/21 by dairrr; 2082 views.
In reply toRe: msg 3
myvalek

11/18/21

Facebook 18.11.

Dear players,
As you’re aware there are some technical issues related to progress loss in the game. We’d like to sincerely apologize for this.
Based on our observations and testing, it appears that the progress loss that we’ve seen as of late is occurring to players that have friends list that exceed 450 people. If you fall under this category, please try to limit playing the game actively to avoid this issue of progress loss. Our team has been working on finding a solution to this issue.
The process for tracking down the cause and solution for this problem has taken quite a bit of time. Because of this, we regret to inform you that we must cancel the Halloween/Fall update this year. Currently our QA team is heads down testing the new Christmas update to sort out any issues and so we’re asking you to wait for just a bit more. With the release of the new update, we’ll be sending out a batch of free rewards for the inconvenience. Additionally, while work is being done on the new update, we’ll do our best conduct contests and events here on Facebook. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Last but not least – we’re aware of some players’ concerns that the game might be discontinued soon. We’d like to whole heartedly assure you that we’re not planning to discontinue Midnight Castle. We’ve got a whole lineup of content planned for the upcoming year bringing positive changes to the gameplay and rekindling the stories of some of our older heroes. We thank all of you, as we value all our players who have been and remain loyal fans of our game for many years.
Sincerely,
The Midnight Castle Team
myvalek

11/18/21

I updated the BF manager. I have four games on my PC and everything is fine. On the second PC I updated the BF manager and also everything is fine. Renata

In reply toRe: msg 4
Susanna502MC

11/18/21

myvalek said:

Based on our observations and testing, it appears that the progress loss that we’ve seen as of late is occurring to players that have friends list that exceed 450 people. If you fall under this category, please try to limit playing the game actively to avoid this issue of progress loss. Our team has been working on finding a solution to this issue.

Does anyone here have any opinions on this? I never had any problem with my games, but I've never had even as many as 100 friends (can't imagine having more than 450).

Ewa Poland (Ewa333)

11/18/21

I had 101 friends when I lost the game. I don't know how many I have now, because I don't open the game, I wouldn't like to lose it again.

Susanna, I have well under 450 friends.  Even well under 100.  This problem is a 'save' issue and I don't see how it has anything to do with a players' friendslist.  Now, having said that, it's probably not advisable to have such a long list because that alone can cause instability within the game.

But I've said this a dozen times on this forum and I'll say it again.  I lost my game.  I was not in the social tab, didn't open the friendslist, didn't visit the special room, didn't do anything other than download the October 4 update and play the game.  I stopped playing at a certain point to fix dinner.  The game closed normally and gave no indication of anything wrong.  Later, when I reopened the game, I was greeted with the message that there was a problem with my 'save.'

The only thing that happened was it took a very long time to download the game, which was unusual for me.  But I didn't have any problems once the game downloaded and I began playing.

So I think it's a huge mistake for the devs to conclude the problems lie solely with the friendslist.  That statement dooms this game to continuously experience severe game problems.

I was hoping for some word directly from the devs but that response totally underwhelms me.

Susanna502MC

11/18/21

Thanks for your comment. I'm still playing the new game I started after the problems started. I'm only at Level 21 so if it disappears I won't lose much. Guess I'll continue to wait before I go back to my old games.

Honeyphan

11/18/21

I had over 250, can't remember the exact number, though some of them were event room only and others hadn't been on in awhile. I had issues in the social area with the game always crashing or not showing any of my friends, but no game loss. But I also didn't open the game after I realized there was a glitch, and haven't opened it in weeks...

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

11/18/21

Before the update I had 323 friends (more than half are either event/rented friends or "lost games" friends with a event room to use). The day after I had already lost 1 friend, but haven't been back into the game since. I was having the social page issue. If I let it load all my friends and then click on the page, it would sometimes be blank and then I would get kicked out but it would also kick me out of the game when I tried to gift. So I'm not sure the number of friends is what is causing game loss.

My question is....how do the developers know how many friends we have in our games? Is this something that people are reporting when asking for help with getting their game back?

1isalone

11/19/21

Glad to hear the game will continue but sad to hear no Fall Event. Unfortunately, not everyone is on Fakebook so thank you for posting this response to Delphi. Did I miss the part about when the update would be put through? My game was partially restored as far as inventory over restored as far as progress joy so am reluctant to play until update even though I have less than 150 friends.

1isalone

11/19/21

I never lost my friend's list and I actually gained a few after losing my game to the "save" glitch. I played up to level 6 where you can started getting friends and they just appeared as well as all full request boxes, of course, when I attempted to change one of the request boxes it wanted diamonds to open it again. I lost everything but friends. Weird, huh?