Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Game Manager Update   Technical Issues

Started Nov-17 by RavenofGA; 2528 views.
RavenofGA

Nov-17

I'm sure that by now everyone has received the message about the update for the Game Manager.  I got it about a week ago.  PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS UPDATE!!!  I downloaded it and surprise, surprise.  There are some major glitches.  I can't download games from my purchase history.  The little sounds the signify opening and closing are cut off and sound really weird,  I am really frustrated.  I sent a support message and was told to download the Dr. Felix app and run it then send the results back to them.  When I tried to send the file, all of my e-mail servers wouldn't let me attach and send it because it was an exe. file and could be used to download malware.  Yesterday I ran Dr. Felix again and this time it was a zip file.  I was going to send it but couldn't find it.  I finally did but haven't tried again,  My point is be careful with the download.  I would hate for anyone to have the problems I have. 

Honeyphan

Nov-17

Are you talking about version 3.5.0.0.(3.2)

I updated a few days ago, from the game manager itself, after reading a post on this forum.

But I didn't receive any emails from Bigfish about updating game manager.... is that how you learned of the update?

RavenofGA

Nov-17

No, not an e-mail.  When I opened my Game Manager that day, a message popped up and I downloaded from there.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Nov-17

Yes! ir is the version 3.5.0.0.

I got the message on top of the download page and would not let me load  MC on the old version until I had updated this. Then it just pops up  again without any further alterationd.

LvlSlgr

Nov-17

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

Then it just pops up  again without any further alterationd.

That pop-up message you get when you first open the BF Game Manager is just like one of the pop-ups you always get telling you about the latest/newest thing with BF. It's not checking to see if you have the most recent version. So it's  going to keep popping up until they change it. I had it for a few days even though I had updated the Game Manager before that. I noticed today that it's been replaced with one the other pop-ups.

LvlSlgr

Nov-17

RavenofGA said:

I can't download games from my purchase history.

I had this problem also. I checked to make certain I was signed in and I was. I tried it again and it still wouldn't work. I then shut down the GM and opened it back up. When I opened it again I was no longer signed in. I signed in and tried to download a game from my purchase history and it worked. 

Good luck!

I updated my Game Manager before we got the message (someone mentioned the update here in the forum at an earlier date). I clicked on a game I had already had in My Games (not MC) and it launched without issues. Then I saw the posts about the issues people were having so I decided to try to download a game from my Purchase History. I opened my Game Manager and the clicked on my Purchase History and I got the Ooops message (to be fair this has happened to me before this update) so I then had to do what LvlSlgr did and I was able to download my game and I launched it to see if it worked and it did. I still haven't done anything with MC and won't until there is an update.

RavenofGA

Nov-17

I wasn't signed in after the update either.  I signed in, tried again to download a game from my purchase history...still nothing.

RavenofGA

Nov-17

My number is 3.5.0.0.  That is what the notice said when I got it later.