Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is anyone having to reboot CONSTANTLY today? (7/8)   Technical Issues

Started Jul-8 by Lisadengel; 1050 views.
Lisadengel

Jul-8

I've literally lost count after 10 times of how often I had the Please Wait message and had to manually CTRL-ALT-DEL to get back to my blue home screen so I could restart because the game froze.  (It never lets me access the Task Manager to close out the game that way)...If it wasn't the Please Wait, then my friend count would get stuck at 31 or at 61.  Honestly, I got so frustrated, I'm done for the day.  This is on my PC game.  I'm going to play for a while on my iPad and see if that happens today as well.  SO annoying!!!

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jul-8

It seems like I don't have the problem on iPad or iPhone or just occasionally.

PC is impossible to play at times! Even just getting/sending gifts. 

Yes ---- same problem ---- had to use control-alt-del 4 times, then I had to reboot the whole computer.

This game is old, it is stale, it needs a ton of work that the Russian developers will not address, and ---- let's face it ---- as players who patiently waited for the spring event ---- we are beating that old horse repeatedly.

And, not to mention that this "event" is a bust ---- one room with overly small objects, likely followed by a "please wait", crowded floating objects, and on and on. Midnight Castle was a fabulous game in its day ---- but that day has come and gone. Truth be told, I go in just to gift ---- plus I am drawn to watching just to see what happens next, a morbid curiosity along with astonishment at the amazingly poor job being done to this former masterpiece.;

If they don't want to fix it, they should give it a decent end as a tribute to the fun it provided for so many for so long, and to the greatness it once achieved. But the developers are ruining it to the point that it looks irretrievable.;

LvlSlgr

Jul-15

Jenny MC (cbtx) (cbtx1) said:

If they don't want to fix it, they should give it a decent end

If you don't enjoy playing the game - and you've made it very apparent that you don't - then QUIT PLAYING THE GAME! It's just that simple.

I have carefully explained several times that what I would like is for the game to be restored to its former excellence ---- to the masterpiece it once was ---- not to be treated as some throwaway waiting to be shut down. The treatment the game is currently getting from the developers is an embarrassment. To treat a game that reached an absolute classic level in the way it is being delivered to the players is simply shocking. 

I will say something in the hope that others will NOT do as you suggest ---- and just quit playing ---- but might protest the sorry state of the game. Just as I would say something about undercooked food, or a car that constantly stalled in traffic, or living quarters with no heat ---- those unacceptable things would be protested. And so should the present quality of this game. WE KNOW it is a classic, gorgeous, and delightful masterpiece so it is very difficult to watch it get trashed. 

If the current state of the game is good enough for you, great ---- but I know and remember how much better it can and should be. And I will stay with it ---- watching and hoping for better days. It's just that simple.

Bingo (manybears)

Jul-17

Boy, can I relate.  I've lost track of all the times I have had to reboot.  Game shuts down every time I try to gift to friends, slows down as I play rooms, then freezes. Can't play in Room 6...just freezes every time I try to open MY room, never mind anyone  of my friends rooms.   I made a comment about the very subject you have pointed out.  I agree with you, totally, why beat a dead horse?  If things don't improve for the next event I'll be seriously considering leaving....it's too bad as it was a great game to start off.  Give it a decent funeral and let it go if you can't do a better job of fixing all the bugs this game has gathered in the last couple of years.  I'm just as morbidly curious as you and will wait to see how the future unfolds for this disaster!!

In reply toRe: msg 6
Lisadengel

Jul-18

TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD:

You are in GRAVE DANGER of losing your game.  I haven't had this problem on my iPad, thank goodness.

I lost my PC game three days ago (for the 3rd time) due to the heinous "PROBLEM WITH YOUR SAVE" error.  

Especially during this time where we are racking up serious coin, I highly recommend you make a detailed list of your ENTIRE inventory including Friends and Achievements every single time you are done with game play for the night.

I don't like Excel (I know some have posted spreadsheets to keep track of all of this) so I made myself a Word document template that I am constantly updating.  If anyone would like a copy, let me know.  Unfortunately I got lax starting about a week before the Event started, and lost a ton of stuff I hadn't updated on my list which thankfully BFG has mostly restored and figured in approximately what I would have earned over the 9 days of playing (we're working on restoring the rest of what's missing now).  So I am now hypervigilant every time I am done for the day.

Especially make sure of your number of coins and diamonds nightly.

Interestingly, the last time I lost my game was during the Winter Event and it was so close to the end, I had no shot of earning any of the achievements, etc., because I lost all my floaty items.  I'm wondering if there is a correlation between the SAVE error and the Events.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I am so worried you will lose your game and don't want that to happen to anyone!

Lisa

Hirento

Jul-18

Lisadengel said:

(It never lets me access the Task Manager to close out the game that way)

Hi Lisa,

I have been very fortunate in that I don't get the "Please wait" issue overly much.

I just wanted to comment on the quoted part:

You can set your task manager to always display "on top" of another program.

The default setting is that it is not displayed on top, and the MC game therefore stays on top even if you try to open the task manager.

Open Task manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC  (or ctrl+alt+DEL and choose Task Manager).

Click "more details" at the bottom left to see expanded view.

Click "Options", then click to choose "always on top". This will let Task Manager be visible on top of Midnight Castle.

These preferences will be remembered until you change them.

Or if you have two computer screens you can move task manager to open on the second screen - that way you can keep it open if you get the "please wait" a lot.

(Open the task manager, grab hold of the window it opens in and drag it to your second screen).

Lisadengel

Jul-18

That's AWESOME!  

Thanks so much!  So happy that it works (more happy that I did it correctly grinning)

Have a great one!

In reply toRe: msg 9
Lisadengel

Aug-1

Hi Everyone, 

Hope your games are all behaving themselves!

Anyway, I've attached a MS Word template should anyone want to use it.  It is a seven day (M-Sun) template that you can write on in pencil at the end of each day's gameplay and just erase and reuse should the dreaded game crash happen overnight.  The first bunch of items I copy right under the Avatar Icon when you see your Achievements, and then I go into the Inventory for the Magic Shards, Energy units, and the amounts of stamps, pet food, and airship items.  It's just a last minute sheet in case you need to let them know right away what you've lost before working on the small potatoes...

Have a great day!

Lisa